Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
With the 13th pick in the NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select OT Riley Reiff, Iowa.

This is an easy pick, if the board turns out like this Reiff is a slam dunk pick fir the Cardinals. They invested alot of money and gave away one of their defensive players to get Kevin Kolb, but he was not able to stay healthy behind a line that gave the 2nd most sacks (54) in the NFL last year.
I think Kirkpatrick could be a sleeper pick at #13... Jefferson was toasted last year as the #2 corner and PP has still a work in progress. If Reiff is available he "should" be the pick though. Levi Brown resigned after being cut but has struggled at LT and may be forced over to the right side.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think Kirkpatrick could be a sleeper pick at #13... Jefferson was toasted last year as the #2 corner and PP has still a work in progress. If Reiff is available he "should" be the pick though. Levi Brown resigned after being cut but has struggled at LT and may be forced over to the right side.
i was really about to put him down and i should put that in the explanation b/c kirkpatrick would be perfect fit in that zone-blitz scheme that horton brought from pittsburgh. but they gave up alot for kolb, so they have to put pieces around him to succeed otherwise what was the point for trading for him b/c they could've had rogers-cromartie and peterson
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 14th pick in the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State

The Dallas Cowboys have invested big money in the secondary with the recent contracts of Scandrick and Carr so they need to look elsewhere in the draft. With that in mind, they look to improve an aging defensive line with Fletcher Cox. Fletcher Cox was a highly touted high school player who turned down offers from LSU, Bama, and and Auburn to man the defensive line for Mississippi State. Fletcher Cox earned SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors four times as a junior. He has the versatility to play tackle or defensive end for the Cowboys.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
With the 14th pick in the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Fletcher Cox, DT Mississippi State

The Dallas Cowboys have invested big money in the secondary with the recent contracts of Scandrick and Carr so they need to look elsewhere in the draft. With that in mind, they look to improve an aging defensive line with Fletcher Cox. Fletcher Cox was a highly touted high school player who turned down offers from LSU, Bama, and and Auburn to man the defensive line for Mississippi State. Fletcher Cox earned SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors four times as a junior. He has the versatility to play tackle or defensive end for the Cowboys.
I have yet to be convinced that Cox is all that. This is one pick that has me scared.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont hate the pick but Id have gone Ingram there myself

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be if DeCastro/Ingram/or Cox are on the board when we are on the clock.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like cox's versatility to play inside and outiside like coples, i thought brockers would have been the pick b/c of his size and power
Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select...

Jerel Worthy | Defensive Tackle | Michigan St.

Berman: "So instead of drafting Michael Floyd to provide Mike Vick with a true red zone target, Philly opts to beef up that defensive front which struggled last year against the run. Interesting. What's your initial reaction to this pick Mel?"

Kiper: "I like the pick. After the season everyone was penciling in LB for the Eagles because they were really hurting there, and at one point Luke Kuechly seemed to be a shoe in for this slot. However with trading for Demeco Ryans in the off-season, I think it makes a lot of sense to turn their attention to that front with Worthy. Defensive lineman tend to go early and often, as we've seen in year's past. I think Day 1 they can slide him in right next to Cullen Jenkins to form a nice tandem."

McShay: "Michael Floyd must have been awfully tempting for Andy Reid, but I think he made the right decision here. Worthy's the kind of guy than can be as good as he wants to be, and let's be honest... if the Eagles want to get back to being contenders in the NFC, they needed to do it by fixing that defense."
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

Berman: "So instead of drafting Michael Floyd to provide Mike Vick with a true red zone target, Philly opts to beef up that defensive front which struggled last year against the run. Interesting. What's your initial reaction to this pick Mel?"

Kiper: "I like the pick. After the season everyone was penciling in LB for the Eagles because they were really hurting there, and at one point Luke Kuechly seemed to be a shoe in for this slot. However with trading for Demeco Ryans in the off-season, I think it makes a lot of sense to turn their attention to that front with Worthy. Defensive lineman tend to go early and often, as we've seen in year's past. I think Day 1 they can slide him in right next to Cullen Jenkins to form a nice tandem."

McShay: "Michael Floyd must have been awfully tempting for Andy Reid, but I think he made the right decision here. Worthy's the kind of guy than can be as good as he wants to be, and let's be honest... if the Eagles want to get back to being contenders in the NFC, they needed to do it by fixing that defense."
wheres the beef ? lol
Old 03-24-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 16th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Melvin Ingram | Defensive End | University of South Carolina

Berman: "Lot of Jets fans here in attendence, and they seem to be very happy about this one."

McShay: "As they should Boom. This is really a perfect marriage, Rex Ryan has been searching for a pressure player since he got to New York and Melvin Ingram is an ideal fit for his exotic blitz packages. This is a guy who can bring pressure from a number of different spots. Quite honestly, I'm a little surpised he fell into their laps."

Gruden: "I really like this Melvin Ingram, every game I watched this guy play in he seemed to be scoring touchdowns! The Jets got themselves a good one, and by the sound of it the fans know it too**awkward Gruden smile** "

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have yet to be convinced that Cox is all that. This is one pick that has me scared.
I personally would trade down. I would have done a bit more research on it, but I'm currently in South Beach for Ultra Music Festival so I only have a few minutes on the computer while I'm here.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
I personally would trade down. I would have done a bit more research on it, but I'm currently in South Beach for Ultra Music Festival so I only have a few minutes on the computer while I'm here.
southbeach.... nice ps its your turn again
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

wow that kinda high for him dont ya think
Old 03-24-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
wow that kinda high for him dont ya think
I don't think so, the most popular landing spots for him in most mock drafts seem to be Tennessee at 20 or Denver at 25, but he's one of the top 20 most talented players in this draft IMO. I think 15-20 should be when he comes off the board and if he falls past that then he becomes a steal. Big men with the potential to dominate in the trenches tend to go pretty early and I envision him as a player the Eagles would covet.

I don't think he gets the love he deserves on this board, but Worthy is 100% beast.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things:
1- whats with the numbers next to peoples names in the draft order
2- can I have the Giants?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
2 things:
1- whats with the numbers next to peoples names in the draft order
2- can I have the Giants?
I asked for volunteers and decided everyone that wanted in received 3 picks... the number corresponds with the their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd pick. Unfortunately, a bunch of people bailed so it is a little messed up. Pocketaces is slated for the giants pick and he is a pretty loyal poster in the forum, so unless he wants to give you a gift it is already taken.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

17-19 might be up for grabs.... anyone want to be on standby ?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can assign me another if you need me

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-25-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You can assign me another if you need me
go ahead and do 17... Crisco made his first pick but is partying in south beach... doubt he makes time for another. If he pops up he can take one of mine.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

With the 17th pick in the 2012 draft, the cinncinati Bengals select Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama. This is a major need for the Bengals with 32 year old Nate Clemonts and an injured Leon Hall as other corners on their team.

Being 6-2 and running an impressive 4.46 at the combine makes Dre the perfect fit

Last edited by pocketaces : 03-26-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be around-ish so if you need me to make someone's selection PM me :)
Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm around

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

With the 18th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers select:

Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

The Chargers early on in the offseason signaled that making an upgrade along the offensive line was priority #1. In Martin they receive an athletic LT that can mirror and provide solid pass protection. He's labeled as a "finesse" OT and that is certainly true as he will never be a heavy handed mauler but he will fit in nicely with San Diego's "Pass first, second, and third" method of attack.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 19th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Stephon Gilmore- CB- South Carolina

Since the Bears addressed WR with the trade of Marshall, they now can attack their defense. Tillman is still stellar, but they could use some use at CB. Gilmore's stock has been on the rise like crazy lately. The Bears would like to select Jenkins, but want to avoid any potential off the field issues.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pick 20...

With the 20th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select...

Devon Still, defensive tackle, Penn State University.

The versatility of Still makes him an excellent prospect for the Titans. Despite all of the distractions at PSU, Still performed on an All-American level. His consistency is much needed for a defense that shows signs of greatness, but can't pull it together for an entire season.

Luke Kuechly was also considered but with Collin McCarthy has filled the ILB position nicely for the Titans.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote