Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I would assume the Vikings still take Kalil, yes. That means for me, the targets should be Blackmon, Claiborne, and Richardson, in that order. It's hard for me to feel great about the value of anyone else there, really, but it is possible they go OT or DT.
I would have to agree with this. One of these guys will be there; if Tannehill goes top 5, then we will have 2 to choose from.

I was looking at a 7 round mock and it showed us not having a 5th round pick. Was that for Lloyd?

Also, any thoughts on compensatory picks? We haven't had much to lose the past few years, but I'm thinking we should get something for Atogwe.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I would have to agree with this. One of these guys will be there; if Tannehill goes top 5, then we will have 2 to choose from.

I was looking at a 7 round mock and it showed us not having a 5th round pick. Was that for Lloyd?

Also, any thoughts on compensatory picks? We haven't had much to lose the past few years, but I'm thinking we should get something for Atogwe.
Yes, I believe the Lloyd pick ended up being a fifth rounder.

I doubt we get much for compensatory purposes. Maybe a 7th for Atogwe.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne should be #1 on every Rams fan's board.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Claiborne should be #1 on every Rams fan's board.
Well, obviously from my list, I disagree. :)
Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, obviously from my list, I disagree. :)

Claiborne is a better prospect than Blackmon, he's arguably the 3rd best prospect in this class. He's a better corner than both Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden coming out. Imagine that secondary for the next five seasons with Finnegan, Fletcher and Claiborne.

Justin Blackmon is Michael Crabtree....high end no. 2/low end no. 1.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:36 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Claiborne is a better prospect than Blackmon, he's arguably the 3rd best prospect in this class. He's a better corner than both Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden coming out. Imagine that secondary for the next five seasons with Finnegan, Fletcher and Claiborne.

Justin Blackmon is Michael Crabtree....high end no. 2/low end no. 1.
Well again, I disagree. That shouldn't come as a surprise based on our conversations from earlier this month in this thread. I know you're not high on Blackmon as it is, so I don't see us reaching common ground here. That being said, I'm not really receptive to someone telling me what my opinion should be as opposed to simply disagreeing with it.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Well again, I disagree. That shouldn't come as a surprise based on our conversations from earlier this month in this thread. I know you're not high on Blackmon as it is, so I don't see us reaching common ground here. That being said, I'm not really receptive to someone telling me what my opinion should be as opposed to simply disagreeing with it.
I'm not telling you what your opinion should be, just saying why I disagree with it.

And like I said before, it's not like I don't like Blackmon, if he's the Rams selection great. I just don't think he's top 6 worthy.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams signed Steve Smith today.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not telling you what your opinion should be, just saying why I disagree with it.
Fair enough. It seemed as if you were by saying every Rams fan should have Claiborne #1 on their list, but it's not important.

Anyways, I like the Steve Smith signing. Minimal risk with a one-year deal, and probably a cheap one at that, but if he can regain his pre-injury form, he could be a solid addition to the team.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said before, it seems a very typical Rams signing.

At least we know we should be OK for slot receivers...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
As I said before, it seems a very typical Rams signing.

At least we know we should be OK for slot receivers...
Actually when healthy, Steve Smith is good on the outside.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

So as the draft nears....anyone hear of any player in the later rounds the Rams have interest in?

I heard the Rams were 1 of 8 or 9 teams at McNeese St pro day to watch Safety Janzen Jackson.

I've also heard that they've worked out multiple Punters.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

Quote:
Actually when healthy, Steve Smith is good on the outside.
Thats very true. I think if hes healthy he may be able to play at a level high enough to be one of the best 2WRs in the game. And you have to keep Amendola in the slot, he can be a very reliable receiver there.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have to start a comment on somebody with "When healthy", I think you realise that it's a chance taking in hope, rather than expectation.

Last edited by Beano : 03-27-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams picked up 1 compensatory pick late in the 7th. Not much help there.

I like the Steve Smith signing, but I have to say IMO I think the pick if the Rams do stay at #6 is Justin Blackmon. I think Kalil and Claiborne will both be off the board before #6. I do think we could bait someone like the Dolphins into trading back still a few spots and picking up one of their 3 rounders and still getting Blackmon.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 03-27-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Imo if we move down to #8, blackmon will be off the board by then. The jaguars are just as wide receiver starved as the Rams are.

I wouldn't mind Floyd, Decastro or Reiff there though. Heck even Kuechly.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
The Rams picked up 1 compensatory pick late in the 7th. Not much help there.

I like the Steve Smith signing, but I have to say IMO I think the pick if the Rams do stay at #6 is Justin Blackmon. I think Kalil and Claiborne will both be off the board before #6. I do think we could bait someone like the Dolphins into trading back still a few spots and picking up one of their 3 rounders and still getting Blackmon.
How could we bait them? I dont see anyone moving up to 6 to take Tannehill, Miami yeah, but theres not really anyone QB starved enough to take that kind of flyer on a kid thats unproven. Maybe KC or Dallas, but I dont think theyd pull the trigger.

If Richardsons there though we might get a call from some team to move up, but the closest team I could see doing that, that might want him, is the Jets (not likely).
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
If you have to start a comment on somebody with "When healthy", I think you realise that it's a chance taking in hope, rather than expectation.
Which is why it was a one-year deal and is likely worth a small amount. He may not even make it out of camp, really, but the risk is minimal and the reward could be decent.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice24 View Post
How could we bait them? I dont see anyone moving up to 6 to take Tannehill, Miami yeah, but theres not really anyone QB starved enough to take that kind of flyer on a kid thats unproven. Maybe KC or Dallas, but I dont think theyd pull the trigger.

If Richardsons there though we might get a call from some team to move up, but the closest team I could see doing that, that might want him, is the Jets (not likely).
If a trade goes down for Tannehill it will likely be because someone who desperately needs a QB, like Miami or Kansas City, leapfrogs Cleveland up to #3.

The only way I see us trading down at this point is if Kalil is still on the board. But, quite frankly, if that were to happen, I think we would snatch him up in a heartbeat.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Alshon Jeffery with a 4.47 forty. Probably means he won't be there at pick #33. Sad face.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Alshon Jeffery with a 4.47 forty. Probably means he won't be there at pick #33. Sad face.
It kind of depends on how things pan out, and who is looking for what. Everyone is looking for receivers and corners, though, so you're probably right.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Apparently we spent a lot of time with Courtney upshaw today at Alabama's Pro Day. We also spent time with him at the Senior bowl.

Pretty interesting considering most people see him as a DE in a 4-3 and a top 40 selection. Wonder if the Rams think he can play Linebacker on the Strong side.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Apparently we spent a lot of time with Courtney upshaw today at Alabama's Pro Day. We also spent time with him at the Senior bowl.

Pretty interesting considering most people see him as a DE in a 4-3 and a top 40 selection. Wonder if the Rams think he can play Linebacker on the Strong side.
Hmmm...pick #39 is in the top 40
Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Latest mock from Scott...

R1: WR Blackmon
R2: DT Still
R2: RB Wilson

I like it!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Latest mock from Scott...

R1: WR Blackmon
R2: DT Still
R2: RB Wilson

I like it!
I'm not sure I like David Wilson, especially over Miller and Martin. And, to be honest, I think I would rather have Lamichael James in the 3rd round. I think he is every bit as explosive, he is really good at receiving out of the backfield, and it would enable us to get a better player in the 2nd round, maybe a Kevin Zeitler or Josh Robinson.

I also really like Robert Turbin in the 4th.

For the record, I think Scott's Mocks are pretty objective. However, I have noticed over the last few years that Scott has the Rams picking a lot of players that he doesn't feel strongly about either way. I don't know if that is coincidence, or because the Rams have such a poor drafting history, or maybe the Rams are just a team that he doesn't care for or pay much attention to.
Closed Thread