Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pouring some whisky and firing up the hookah. I'll be back in a couple hours to discuss the awesomeness.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Here's my predictions:

Did Joan keep the baby?
Yes

Did SCDP shut down?
No

Are Don and Megan married?
Yes

Are Roger and Jane still married?
No

Will Greg die in Vietnam?
Yes

Is Sally still in therapy?
Yes

Is Carla back?
No

Is Bert Cooper back working with Roger, Don, etc?
No

Is Peggy a full-blown member of Bohemian society?
Yes

Does Don still live in his apartment on Waverly?
No

Will Duck Phillips return?
Yes

Will Creepy Glenn return?
Yes

Will we see any of Don's former mistresses/flings?
Probably

Will Betty get pregnant this season?
No

Will Pete wear a suit that isn't blue?
Nah

Will Don's true identity be learned by anyone new?
Yes

Will the 4th Bobby Draper be better than the 3rd Bobby Draper?
Indubitably

Will Conrad Hilton return?
Dead
There ya go.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You took most of my answers. Make some goddamn bold predictions, Brodeur.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like going to dc and seeing mad men as the most recent post in the off topic forum..

it feels so right
Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sally's voice got raped.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was not planning on posting, but did she seriously just drop the Dick Whitman bomb.....holy ****.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Pete/Peggy exchange with the baby was one of the most awkward moments ever witnessed on television.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Megan
Old 03-25-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I just went from six to midnight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She seems perfect for Don so far. I quite enjoy her myself.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....did Pete wear a blue suit once?

Maybe there is hope for Marie Schrader after all.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This premiere suffered BADLY for being 2 hours (and eight minutes) long. I could have cut a half hour and nothing would have been lost.

It's like all of the 1-hour episodes of The Office that used to drag on, stretching the jokes too thin.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Evidently, this will be the season of in-fighting and eventually ... betrayal?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seemed a little slow, will be intriguing to see where it goes from here. Also, Megan is so hot.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was great. I am excited to see what direction the show goes in this season.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zoo Bisous may have been the best moment in Mad Men history.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44

Last edited by TheBoyWonder22 : 03-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Xio that it being 2 hours long probably hurt the episode more than it helped it and some parts were dragged on a little more than they probably needed to. This episode was really about planting seeds for the plot lines moving forward. Like Gonzo said, excited to see what direction this season will go because it's really wide open right now.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

zoo bisous bisous

Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Megan's character is almost unrecognizable from last season. Not to say we knew a lot about her, but I didn't expect this exactly ...

And they've turned Harry's personality quirks up to 11. Remember when he cried during Don's presentation in "The Wheel?" Can't imagine him doing such a thing now ..

Roger also seems to be portrayed as younger. What happened to the man who nearly died in season one of multiple heart attacks ..
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found the season premiere pretty interesting and had no problem with the two hours. One of the most interesting dynamics is how much is Don buying into his own marriage? The moment after Roger mocks the dance and Don seems to acknowledge that both of them know what their marriages are and how they are basically to have fun. However, Don also still seems to have a different attitude in general regarding life and work. Him saying work doesn't matter was pretty crazy to me because that has been the most important thing in his life.

Obviously I don't see this marriage lasting for the long haul"because Megan and Don don't really seem to understand each other on many levels and we know how much of a dick Don can be (even if it is awesome). However, so far, Megan has been exactly what Don Draper wants. She is hot, good with the kids, deep enough to share his past but not too deep as to analyze/fix him, and she clearly is pretty in tune with him sexually.

As for the office, the dynamic is fairly intriguing in that Roger and Bert are completely marginalized and even Don seems to actually not care. Peggy is absolutely right when she said he would have fought like crazy for any idea and he basically did nothing work related the entire time.

A few bullet point observations because im too lazy
-I'm wondering about how the relationship between Joane/Lane and Joan/Don go from here. Don and Joane have always had chemistry and someone talked about Megan not wanting Joan around her new husband.
-I don't get why Trudy is so good to Pete. It just makes no sense to me. She is the perfect woman. Pete more than most of the other characters seems to have no charm or redeeming social qualities to him; all he does is complain about everything.
-Harry Crane being a jackass has gone from odious to hillarious.

I didn't quite hear what was going on at the end with the gift that got sent to SCDP. Can anyone explain what the deal was with that?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel Layne is also marginalized by Joan, he even said it. There's no way Don stays the way he is or the show will just lose its touch. I do think something big will happen with every senior partner and I feel Don will be the only one returning. Cooper seems to be the most likely to come back because he is the most proud. This however seems to be miles away. I like how Pete's hair is a big joke now, I also appreciate how everyone but Ken and Peggy is a dick now.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I feel Layne is also marginalized by Joan, he even said it. There's no way Don stays the way he is or the show will just lose its touch. I do think something big will happen with every senior partner and I feel Don will be the only one returning. Cooper seems to be the most likely to come back because he is the most proud. This however seems to be miles away. I like how Pete's hair is a big joke now, I also appreciate how everyone but Ken and Peggy is a dick now.
Don is definitely not going to stay this way. He is a character that has consistently proven that he never truly knows what he wants and can quickly change his feelings. The interesting aspect of this whole scenario is how Don views his relationship and new mentality. Does he take Roger's view and just sees megan as a young fun girl who hes going to enjoy or has he convinced himself that he truly loves her for the long term? Either way I will be interested in seeing how this dynamic plays out.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Since I can't imagine John Slattery ever getting a reduced role on this show (which has 3 seasons left minimum), something will need to happen with Roger to make him relevant again. They aren't going to have an irrelevant version of Roger persist through the remainder of the show.

Maybe he will luck into another big account.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will steal it from Pete obviously

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
He will steal it from Pete obviously
Well, sure. That's possible.

But the point is it has to be a massive account again.

Anyone wanna venture a guess as to what type of company? I would have said airline prior to Mohawk coming back into the picture. They aren't a big enough account though.

I always expect Conrad Hilton to re-enter the fold too. That'd be interesting because Don would have to defer to a real accounts man this time.

But I'd rather see a new company come in, rather than an old one returning.