Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-26-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mara was very talkative this weekend. Very unlike him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mara was very talkative this weekend. Very unlike him.
i think at some point he's just like "we won the ******* super bowl and these clowns bringing in tebow are getting a **** ton of media coverage"

it gets old, as we all know, but I feel he's like hey, uhm guys, remember who really runs this town
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i think at some point he's just like "we won the ******* super bowl and these clowns bringing in tebow are getting a **** ton of media coverage"

it gets old, as we all know, but I feel he's like hey, uhm guys, remember who really runs this town
Well he also made comments about the Redskins and Cowboys situation. He's usually above all the nonsense but I know it does irk them privately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's true, it is very unlike him. although the david carr press conference thing was HILARIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They take unprovoked shots at us all the time. I am sure there comes a time when you can't take anymore, and let it out. Screw them, while uncharacteristic of Mara, I am glad he did. It's like when Eli called out Tiki or defended himself before the 2007 season. After a while, you can only take enough.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fact that we didn't extend Mario even after his contract offers were very matchable speaks volumes about how the organization truly felt about him.

I guess we just wanted to move in a different direction. I can't blame them for it. We need to save as much money as possible anyway to re-sign some other guys in the coming years.

No to Stewart. Again, great player, but we have to sign him to a deal. And right now with so many guys needing extensions, I definitely don't want to waste money at the RB position. That's the 1 position that we can get away with spending 800k a year on, let's save money so we can keep more important guys on the roster.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We get a 4th round comp pick. Very nice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A comp 4th is basically the same as our 4th this year since we draft at the end of the round. Makes me wonder if we'd consider packaging our own 4th now to move up in any particular round.

1st and a 4th to move up to draft Keuchly/Hill if either starts falling? That would be nice.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see Osi in a draft day trade. If he does in fact get traded, it will be on draft day, we won't hear any trade before that.

I think we probably don't trade him at all but it wouldn't shock me if we do hear of him being traded on draft day.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think we work out a new deal with Osi.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

How old is Osi? 31? Maybe we give him a 4 year contract that we can cut after 3 years?

We need to do it in a way that we don't lose JPP or Tuck. Bc I'm gonna be pissed if we lose either 1 later on bc we paid Osi to keep him happy.

Another under the radar guy that I really hope we don't lose is KP. I know many feel that he's not the same since the injury, but he's so damn good as a deep safety, and he's prototypical size, speed, and vision. I really want him back.

You know how advantageous it is to have 2 great versatile safeties like us with KP and Rolle? It's huge. It's a vital reason why we can match up with any kind of offense in this league.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather trade away Osi now, move Kiwi back to End full time, draft someone in the second or third and use the extra money saved on Osi to try to hold onto as many of JPP, Tuck/Kiwi, Joseph, Boley/Jacquain, Webster, Rolle, KP, Prince and TT as we can afford without having to take Cruz or Nicks away from Eli to give him enough of an OL to at least be able to pretend to run the ball.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Mario didn't get paid much and we probably could have matched it, but he would never accept it unless we paid more. He wants the ball more(and deserves it), he feels he would be a number three WR here and a number two or one WR there, and he wants to play in warm weather.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'd much rather trade away Osi now, move Kiwi back to End full time, draft someone in the second or third and use the extra money saved on Osi to try to hold onto as many of JPP, Tuck/Kiwi, Joseph, Boley/Jacquain, Webster, Rolle, KP, Prince and TT as we can afford without having to take Cruz or Nicks away from Eli to give him enough of an OL to at least be able to pretend to run the ball.
no wayyy honestly kiwi's run support from the LBer position is so damn valuable to us, put on some giants games this past year and just watch for that you'll see what i mean.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I know Mario didn't get paid much and we probably could have matched it, but he would never accept it unless we paid more. He wants the ball more(and deserves it), he feels he would be a number three WR here and a number two or one WR there, and he wants to play in warm weather.
He did go to Michigan though, he didn't strike me as a UM guy down there in the sun and on the beach for years. But what confuses me is although the Niners don't have the top WR's you guys have, he could still very well end up the #4 option. Crabs is still a top 10 pick who technically hasn't been a bust yet and he's going to get a ton of chances still, Moss is a wildcard but I'd like to think he's going to be stretching the field and from reports of his workouts he'll be pretty good, as well as Vernon Davis as the #1 receiving option.

He had visited with the Rams, he could have signed and been the #1 guy right now, likely #2 after they take Blackmon and be in a perfect compliment role with a ton of looks. San Fran doesn't even throw the ball that much, so behind Vernon Davis there isn't even a bunch of room for production so it seems like all the WR's will just cancel themselves out to an extent.

I figured the Rams were perfect for him, unless he still wants a chance to win a SB in which case he made the right choice. I just thought he wanted to be "The man" so to speak, I don't really see the room for him to take off in his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reese made some comments about free ageny recently

from
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...medium=twitter

Quote:

“There’s still some things to do in free agency for us, I think,” Reese said yesterday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “We’ve just got to kind of slow-play it a little bit and see who’s out there and what is available for us and what our needs are as we continue the offseason process.’’

Reese said the Giants will “look down the road and see what the draft’s going to bring for us.’’

Perhaps the only glaring hole on the roster is middle linebacker, where free agents Chase Blackburn and Jonathan Goff remain unsigned. As constituted, the Giants would have to turn to Mark Herzlich or Greg Jones entering their second seasons. Reese admitted “I’m not sure’’ when asked who would start in the middle if the season began tomorrow.

“We have some interesting candidates for that job,” Reese said. “We have some young players that we think can step in and do the job. Obviously, Herzlich is a guy we like. We like Greg Jones. There are two young kids that played a lot for us last year until Mark got hurt.’’

Reese also mentioned outside linebacker Michael Boley as a possibility.

Reese admitted losing Mario Manningham in free agency (he signed a two-year deal with the 49ers) was expected.

“The salary cap rules the world,’’ he said. “If you have a lot of good players you just can’t retain them all. That’s just the way it is.’’

Reese also said he expected offensive lineman James Brewer entering his second season to challenge for playing time, possibly as Kareem McKenzie’s replacement as the starting right tackle, and mentioned left tackle David Diehl as “still available for us’’ to move over to the right side if needed.

Reese expressed concern for defensive tackle Marvin Austin, who has missed the past two seasons because of a suspension while at North Carolina and his entire NFL rookie year with a torn pectoral muscle.

“We’re worried about him a little bit,’’ Reese said. “He hasn’t played in such a long time now.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...#ixzz1qJJkKRVk
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some free agents I would like to see considered.

We don't have huge amounts of cap room, but I think there are a few players that would really help our depth heading into the draft.

RB Justin Forsett (Seattle)
FB Owen Schmitt (Philadelphia)
WR Devin Thomas
DT Derek Landri (Philadelphia)
DT Amobi Okoye (Chicago)
DT Rocky Bernard
DE Dave Tollefson
LB David Hawthorne (Seattle)
LB Jon Goff
LB London Fletcher (Washington)
S Courtney Greene (Jacksonville)
S Reggie Smith (San Fransisco)
S Sabby Piscatelli (Kansas City)
S Derek Martin

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-27-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Bring back Blackburn, Thomas, and Tolly all to league minimum deals. That accounts for the rest of the cap.

I'm fine with just bringing our own guys back. The rest of that group is very underwhelming.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

How did you guys feel about the SB DVD? I liked the 46 one better than 42, I think it was done better.

The extra content isn't as good as 42 though. That disappointed me.

What really stood out to me is how we replaced Strahan as the vocal leader. In 42, every time they showed the sidelines it was Strahan talking. Now in 46, you saw everyone step up in their own ways. Jacobs, Boley, Tuck, Eli, Grant, they all took turns.

Eli looked so in command of the offense, so confident and completely in charge of that offense. He's mastered Gilbride's offense. We have to keep that offense as long as Eli is our qb. As much as we hate on Gilbride every now and then, there's no way we should ever run a different offense until Eli retires. He's too deep in it to change it on him now. He's perfected it.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I just ordered the BluRay over the weekend so I should be getting it tomorrow or Thursday. I can't wait to watch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How did you guys feel about the SB DVD? I liked the 46 one better than 42, I think it was done better.

The extra content isn't as good as 42 though. That disappointed me.

What really stood out to me is how we replaced Strahan as the vocal leader. In 42, every time they showed the sidelines it was Strahan talking. Now in 46, you saw everyone step up in their own ways. Jacobs, Boley, Tuck, Eli, Grant, they all took turns.

Eli looked so in command of the offense, so confident and completely in charge of that offense. He's mastered Gilbride's offense. We have to keep that offense as long as Eli is our qb. As much as we hate on Gilbride every now and then, there's no way we should ever run a different offense until Eli retires. He's too deep in it to change it on him now. He's perfected it.

I am very split on this issue. I agree, I don't think we are ever switching, but I will always wonder how well we could do with Eli in another system, and I'd go far as saying one that padded QB stats. Or let me say this what happened if we threw 663 times like Stafford did last season? How many TDs can Eli get? How would we do?

I don't mind Gilbride, but the situational play calling in short yardage and red zone bothers me. If I saw that damn draw again..... Put the ball in Eli's hands and let him throw it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bring back Blackburn, Thomas, and Tolly all to league minimum deals. That accounts for the rest of the cap.

I'm fine with just bringing our own guys back. The rest of that group is very underwhelming.
I'd be fine with this now that Lofton is off the Market. Bring back those 3(maybe Goff too) and then build through the draft like we always do

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Reese stated today that Boley might start at MLB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Reese stated today that Boley might start at MLB.
Opens up room for Williams to start which I like a lot.

Kiwi-Boley-Williams would be a solid package. Our OLBs could then blitz and cover real well and Boley has shown he is the brains of our D.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Realistically we're not going to play a 3 LB set all that much. In today's NFL it's all about the D-Line and CB's. I'm starting to de-emphasize the importance of a MLB on the draft board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

You want a 3 down Mike bc you want players who are versatile enough to play vs the no huddle with minimal substitutions. Its a huge advantage to keep your field general on the field all 3 downs. It allows for more versatile play calling vs no huddle.

You want a 3 down Mike, a Sam who can play de in nickel, and a LE who can play dt in nickel. That makes your defense very versatile with minimal substitutions. You'd essentially just have to switch out a cb for a nt when needed.