Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-31-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

Jeff Fuller [Texas A&M]

At the beginning of the season Fuller was seen as a 1st round pick and he had a down year. During the Mienke Bowl I saw some of what made him a 1st round prospect. This was they most impressive bowl game for a WR I have seen. Fuller is massive and strong and works underneath well running solid routes and using his body. In this game he got deep on a couple of plays and showed decent speed and solid hands catches. If we do not go Michael Floyd in the 1st round Fuller would be a nice 2nd round option and my represent better value for the spot.

7/119/1TD

Opinions on Fuller?

Where do you think he gets picked?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Fuller, but he suffers from inconsistent play and low end athleticism.

The Northwestern team is full of future lawyers, not football players.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him. I see him a strong possibility in the mid- 2nd
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the Northwestern team looks tiny, so it was the perfect game for Fuller to exhibit his style of play. He did show nice hands on a couple of plays, but I see him as a good value in the second or third as a big-bodied number 2 receiver. If he's the number 2, it'll be easier to exploit match ups. But I don't really see a guy who'll be able to take over a game in the NFL. Poor-man's Anquan Boldin, maybe.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-31-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he a guy that has gotten caught in the negative media cycle, because many of the draft sites have him as a 4th round pick and ranked in the 10-17 range.

He had a bad injury riddled year, but has a lot of ability and the game against Peterson was very impressive.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the thing with him is that he's big, he's strong and has some ball skills, but just isn't really someone who's thought of as a "big play" wide receiver. That may be unfair, because he can definitely make catches down the field, but he doesn't really look very explosive. Not especially quick. And you know, not everyone can be a top 5 wide receiver. They've gotta be ranked in some order. I fully expect him to be an NFL contributor, I just don't really see him as a guy I'd specifically target going into the draft. More a guy I'd be looking to get value on.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he can be more consistent catching the ball, a HUGE 'if', some team could strike gold with Fuller.

His inconsistency makes him a 2nd rounder IMO, but I'm really curious to see if Fuller tests similar to Julio Jones/AJ Green last year at the combine.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see top notch athleticism. Strong hands that run hot and cold, good body control, plus size. Decent package and one that should help him be a part of a receiving core, but there's not enough there to take him in the first three rounds. I like some of the underclassmen who have declared/are projected to declare quite a bit better as well. Overrated as a pro prospect and probably always was.

I wouldn't exactly call that the most impressive Bowl Game a wide receiver has had either. Not even this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-01-2012 at 12:27 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fuller was my favorite WR coming into this year (besides Blackmon). Reminds me of a slightly bigger, slightly slower version of Hakeem Nicks because of the enormous hands. With 2 big games to end the season, Fuller's "down" season still ended at 70 catches, 2 fewer than last year. Granted, the big plays haven't been there this year though. I don't know if he was not fully into this season or what but I still think the talent is there for him to be a pretty good NFL WR.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's only appropriate.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I don't see top notch athleticism. Strong hands that run hot and cold, good body control, plus size. Decent package and one that should help him be a part of a receiving core, but there's not enough there to take him in the first three rounds. I like some of the underclassmen who have declared/are projected to declare quite a bit better as well. Overrated as a pro prospect and probably always was.

I wouldn't exactly call that the most impressive Bowl Game a wide receiver has had either. Not even this year.
100% agreed. Brandon Lafell-esque, if that.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The Northwestern team is full of future lawyers, not football players.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

It's only appropriate.
Agreed. Get Fuller on this team.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A&M fan here. Jeff Fuller physically dominated Big XII secondaries and had no problem snagging the ball. He was a likely 2nd round pick a year ago. His senior year, he developed issues with drops. He used to be a sure thing if the ball was anywhere near him, but in 2011 passes were bouncing off his hands. This is why scouts like Tannehill more than his stats or 7-6 record would indicate, because his passes where there and the WR corps, Fuller in particular, dropped the ball (literally).
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy was a monster in 2010 before he had some kind of nagging injury (I forget what kind). He looked so good, I thought he was going to declare for the draft. He came back in 2011 and as Loftin said, he wasn't the same guy. I think he's going to have some issues separating (4.6 guy). I was reading somewhere that they think he may have to move to TE.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fuller was horrible with drops, if he can work on that he'll be a steal. Now I see him more as a 4th-5th rounder
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy View Post
This guy was a monster in 2010 before he had some kind of nagging injury (I forget what kind). He looked so good, I thought he was going to declare for the draft. He came back in 2011 and as Loftin said, he wasn't the same guy. I think he's going to have some issues separating (4.6 guy). I was reading somewhere that they think he may have to move to TE.
I think he had more than one injury - hamstring early and then turf toe later.

I don't buy the move to TE - I didn't consider separation an issue in 2010 and indeed on the 10-15 yard out routes/curls that A&M ran frequently he still got separation this year. He lacked the explosion down the field he had in 2010 though. Main problems was his hands - some horrible drops, the worst one against K State in OT - dropped a 2 point try that would have given them the win and it was one he should have caught.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His route tree is extremely limited and his athleticism might be on the low end.

But he's the only WR I can remember catching a rocket pass and the ball didn't move at all after it touched his hands.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I actually seen him mentioned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins827 View Post
I like him. I see him a strong possibility in the mid- 2nd
int he 7th round often.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote