Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 03-24-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I've got Mike Adams to the Bills at 10. I know Reiff is higher ranked but I think Adams is and will be the better player? Is offensive tackle the primary need position that the Bills are working with, or what are some of the other places Buffalo may go that surprises?
If we don't resign Bell then I think OT will probably be the way we go. I think WR and CB will also merit consideration though and I wouldn't be shocked if Floyd or Kirkpatrick was the pick.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboa...orth-195m.html

Mark Anderson deal is only 4 yrs 19.5 mill. Was reported it was 4 yrs 27.5 mill.

According to a league document obtained by Gaughan, Anderson's contract is actually worth $19.5 million over four years - a rather substantial discrepancy. Gaughan also notes that the only portion of Anderson's salary that is guaranteed is $7.9 million, which includes a $6 million signing bonus and his first-year salary of $1.9 million. He'll earn an additional $100,000 from a workout bonus. If the Bills wish to cut ties with him at any point after his initial season, they can do so and not owe him anything.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit; nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 03-28-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If we don't resign Bell then I think OT will probably be the way we go. I think WR and CB will also merit consideration though and I wouldn't be shocked if Floyd or Kirkpatrick was the pick.
Lately I have been seening Gilmore as a strong possibility as well.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Lately I have been seening Gilmore as a strong possibility as well.
In the 2nd? Sure.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
In the 2nd? Sure.
In the first...
I cant see him falling to the second.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whose going to play LT with Bell gone?? I think it has to be Reiff unless the Jaguars take him at #7.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In the first...
I cant see him falling to the second.
I think him being there in the 2nd is as likely as him going #10.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilmore is definitely a top 10 talent but whose on first is the question. Who is going to play LT for us and when do we draft one???
Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whole mess of players we can take and in the end I think that Reiff is the best bet for us with the 10th, maybe Cordy Glenn can sneak in there if Buddy see's something he likes.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Bell signs with Philly, did LT just jump to priority #1 in the draft, or has nothing changed?

I have it is a round 1 or 2 need, thoughts?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I'd still rather have Floyd in the first over any LT (unless Kalil fell somehow) and Chris Hairston did well in limited time, but we have no depth, so we are probably taking a couple OT's either way. Our best bet is Scott's mock, grabbing Adams in the 2nd would be amazing.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, what's the scouting report on Bell?
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
So, what's the scouting report on Bell?
Athletic, a lot of potential, but can't stay on the field, he was always nicked up for us. I always thought he was a better pass blocker than run blocker as well, is not a mauler but gets decent push.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Opening the preseason against Washington. I'm already excited to see RG3's first pro action.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Opening the preseason against Washington. I'm already excited to see RG3's first pro action.
Are you going to be at the game? I have seasons and would like to meet up with fellow SWDCers if possible.

Also, the BBMB is fairly split over whether or not they'd be happy/upset over DeCastro at 10. Any thoughts from you guys?

Levitre-Wood-DeCastro would be nasty, and with Wood's injury history, DeCastro would slide nicely into center with Urbik stepping in at RG. I really don't know what to think

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I have seasons.

I wouldn't like DeCastro as the pick. I fear for Wood, but we can make the interior line work and there's no need to introduce a new starter right now. A top-10 pick on interior line with the other needs that we have? Can't see it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

Quick mock:

1.) Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2.) Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
3.) Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
4.) Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
4.) Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa
5.) Andrew Datko, OT, FSU
6.) Aaron Tevis, OLB, Boise State
7.) Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
7.) Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin
Old 04-14-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
Quick mock:

1.) Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2.) Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
3.) Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
4.) Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
4.) Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa
5.) Andrew Datko, OT, FSU
6.) Aaron Tevis, OLB, Boise State
7.) Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford
7.) Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin
Unfortunately, Jones will now be drafted in round 1 and Lewis will see round 3. Owusu just has had too many concussions to ever play pro football.
I'm not a huge fan of Sanu with his 4.67 40 time at the Combine.

I do agree that Reiff is our likely pick even if it is a bit of a reach.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

Bills full pre-draft visit list:
Quote:
WR Justin Blackmon – Oklahoma State
OL James Brown – Troy
DE Vinny Curry – Marshall
DE Olivier Vernon – Miami
CB Morris Claiborne – LSU
QB Kirk Cousins – Michigan St.
OL Cordy Glenn – Georgia
OLB/DE Bruce Irvin – West Virginia
LB Dont’a Hightower – Alabama
OT Jonathan Martin – Stanford
S De’Quan Menzie – Alabama
DE/OLB Whitney Mercilus – Illinois
WR Brian Quick – Appalachian St.
OT Matt Kalil – USC
CB Dre’ Kirkpatrick – Alabama
LB Tank Carder – TCU
OT Mike Adams – Ohio State
DE Chandler Jones – Syracuse
RB Trent Richardson – Alabama
QB Russell Wilson – Wisconsin
S Mark Barron – Alabama
DE/OLB Shea McClellin – Boise St.
CB Josh Robinson – Central Florida
DT Fletcher Cox – Mississippi St.
CB Stephon Gilmore – South Carolina
QB Ryan Tannehill – Texas A&M
DE/OLB Melvin Ingram – South Carolina
CB Jamell Fleming – Oklahoma
LB Luke Kuechly – Boston College
QB Brock Osweiler – Arizona State
No Floyd or Reiff. Apparently we have brought every one of our picks in the top 3 rounds in for a visit the last two years (Nix regime) except for Carrington, but we coached him at the Senior Bowl, so it probably wasn't necessary.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

Thoughts: Cordy Glenn is many peoples surprise pick at 10, which I could see, even though I think it'd be a mistake to take Glenn over Reiff. I think that Reiff is way more polished and can move better than Cordy, although Cordy has more raw physical ability. Mike Adams is a RT in the NFL, he is not a LT, if you select him to be one, you're gonna be severly disappointed. Hmmmmm... What else?.. Wouldn't mind Dre Kirkpatrick or Luke Kuechly at 10 as my "surprise" picks. Although, 99.9% of the time I feel that taking a 4-3 linebacker in the top 10 is a bad idea (See Curry, see Rivers), I will make a minor exception for this gentleman. The addition of Kuechly could go a long way in proving Nix's genius by replacing a linebacker who scored a mega 50 million dollar contract with a rookie who is being paid only a fraction of that while also playing at a much higher level in the form of Luke Kuechly. Just an idea... We've come full circle once again, I'm thinking it's either: Cordy Glenn, Luke Kuechly or Dre Kirkpatrick. Peace.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...ist-of-suitors

Interesting article, I thought Gilmore would be on their list, did not believe the Cordy Glenn talk at LT, but apparently they think its possible. I think the Jenkins comments are valid, but still think someone gambles on him in the second. I am interested in the thouhgts on Glenn, worth it at 10 to play LT? Trade down, and take him? I still see him as a RT possibiltiy, and really a guard, still do not see him as a LT myself, are my blinders on? What makes people think he can play LT in the NFL?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Its taken me a long time to get here, but I'm set in who i think they'll take at 10... Stephon Gilmore. Based on Buddy's comments, i think it got widdled down to LT and CB at 10 and imo, they view Gilmore>Kirkpatrick, Glenn

EDIT: No, its gonna be Kuechly.

Guys, i dont know. This is why i love and hate the weeks leading up to the draft. Theres so much confusion.. but this year seems particularly confusing. The past two years Nix made it clear as day who we were picking. This year its the complete opposite

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Bills2083 : 04-19-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Its taken me a long time to get here, but I'm set in who i think they'll take at 10... Stephon Gilmore. Based on Buddy's comments, i think it got widdled down to LT and CB at 10 and imo, they view Gilmore>Kirkpatrick, Glenn

EDIT: No, its gonna be Kuechly.

Guys, i dont know. This is why i love and hate the weeks leading up to the draft. Theres so much confusion.. but this year seems particularly confusing. The past two years Nix made it clear as day who we were picking. This year its the complete opposite
I think that if they stay at 10 it comes down to Gilmore, Glenn then Kuechly at this point, in that order, although no surprises if they go with any of them. Interesting hearing Dan Shonka talk about Glenn, then M. Lombardi say he's hearing they want to go WR or defense (Nix was part of drafting Jammer and Cason in S.D. (2 of 8 1st round picks in S.D. were corners)). I think they ideally want to move down, but am confused as well. With these three guys I see it like this; Kuechly offers value, Gilmore fits the history, and Glenn fits the biggest need... What direction to go in?

What did Nix say about Floyd on the radio?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
I think that if they stay at 10 it comes down to Gilmore, Glenn then Kuechly at this point, in that order, although no surprises if they go with any of them. Interesting hearing Dan Shonka talk about Glenn, then M. Lombardi say he's hearing they want to go WR or defense (Nix was part of drafting Jammer and Cason in S.D. (2 of 8 1st round picks in S.D. were corners)). I think they ideally want to move down, but am confused as well. With these three guys I see it like this; Kuechly offers value, Gilmore fits the history, and Glenn fits the biggest need... What direction to go in?

What did Nix say about Floyd on the radio?
Just that they're not worried about his football character in the slightest. When he went to scout him late last year he talked to a bunch of people and nothing bad was said about him. Everyone had positive things to say. I think he also commented on his size and stuff, but I literally woke up a minute before mention of Floyd came on so i was still a little groggy

Quote:
Quote: