Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good lord you guys take this stuff seriously.

As for D...what brodeur said. Completely abandoning your own league leaves you no room to rip on anyone fantasy wise.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-28-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yes, I get that, but Scherzer may not even break league average in ERA/WHIP, so he's no benefit there anyway. We're talking about a guy with a 4.43 ERA and 1.35 WHIP last year.
That was his worst ERA/WHIP year of his career, and he got pretty unlucky as well. He's one year removed from a 3.5 ERA. C'mon, you're better than this.

Another funny part of all this is Xio actually asked me if he could look around for a better deal before coming back to this one.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-28-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear god, let BF make a trade so we can all get out our baseball almanacs and statistical probability charts to analyze its merits for both parties, as well as it's longterm effect on the league as a whole from now until 2019.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Another funny part of all this is Xio actually asked me if he could look around for a better deal before coming back to this one.

Did he then tell you that there were only 5 units left and they were selling fast?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
BF has him. Let's play "Guess the verb" he would use to describe a Hughes for Kimbrel swap. Keep in mind he said my trade was a raping.
Horse raping.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Horse raping.
Well I, for one, sure wouldn't know anything about that.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Horse raping.
Ric Flair said he ****** a horse on Impact a couple of years ago...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good lord you guys take this stuff seriously.

As for D...what brodeur said. Completely abandoning your own league leaves you no room to rip on anyone fantasy wise.
Or else???

Yeah....

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-29-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Someone needs to unteach D-Unit how to use smileys. I feel like I'm talking to a 11 year old girl.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-29-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone needs to unteach D-Unit how to use smileys. I feel like I'm talking to a 11 year old girl.
For real though... seeing as you only have 3 batters that had over 20 HRs last year (Corey Hart, Alex Gordon and Freddie Freeman....wow, wow, WOW), would you consider punting the home runs category? I have a SP you might be interested in so you can collect more trade value at that position.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For real though... seeing as you only have 3 batters that had over 20 HRs last year (Corey Hart, Alex Gordon and Freddie Freeman....wow, wow, WOW), would you consider punting the home runs category? I have a SP you might be interested in so you can collect more trade value at that position.

I inherited Hchu's team. I'm sorry you don't like the hitters that were given to me.

I'm not interested in getting in a pissing match with you though. So carry on.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I inherited Hchu's team. I'm sorry you don't like the hitters that were given to me.

I'm not interested in getting in a pissing match with you though. So carry on.
If not for some serious real life troubles, I would've been much more involved in fantasy basketball.

You should never follow what Brodeur says. He's the worst kind of trash talker there is... the kind that can never back up his words. Dude is never competitive in fantasy sports. But hey, he's always there when it's time to dish out insulting gifs. LOL.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I've seen your reasoning, it takes 3 minutes to set a lineup for a whole week. You're never one to accept excuses for inactivity.

And I have no idea how brodeur does in fantasy sports nor do I care, but at the very least he doesn't act like a petulant little child in every league he's in. But whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-29-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If not for some serious real life troubles, I would've been much more involved in fantasy basketball.

You should never follow what Brodeur says. He's the worst kind of trash talker there is... the kind that can never back up his words. Dude is never competitive in fantasy sports. But hey, he's always there when it's time to dish out insulting gifs. LOL.
I've made the playoffs in the War league for three straight years and am on the fast track to winning WMD's fantasy basketball league after I finished in first last year (lost in the playoffs but still).

And honestly, I don't mean most of my trash talk since I know more often than not I'll lose. I also never rush people to do things (all those texts I sent in this draft were not exactly my idea most of the time), so when I'm inactive, I admit it's because I'm lazy. Even after you gave your reason for not being active, I said fine but then you poked in to notice your team even after the fact, and STILL refused to keep active. You can't make an excuse, just because your team is losing, to not updating a team when you are the goddamn commissioner and you are fully aware of it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 03-29-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I've seen your reasoning, it takes 3 minutes to set a lineup for a whole week. You're never one to accept excuses for inactivity.

And I have no idea how brodeur does in fantasy sports nor do I care, but at the very least he doesn't act like a petulant little child in every league he's in. But whatever floats your boat.
Oh man...Don't resort to name calling... that always means you're losing bro.

Lemme just say it takes a lot longer than 3 min a week for me to manage my teams. If you think fantasy sports is only about setting line ups... well then... we have different point of views. For me it's about watching box scores, keeping up with the latest news, making trades, adding and dropping players and following a strategy. 3 min a week tells me all I need to know about why Brodeur is never successful. But what it really came down to in the end was where I needed to spend my time and the fantasy basketball league was no where close on my list of priorities. The justification didn't even make sense. Brodeur's point (the one you chose to follow) doesn't even relate to anything. It has no bearing on this league or any other league. It's just another case of Brodeur throwing jabs.

...and btw, people going inactive in leagues happen all the time and I've never NOT allowed someone back who wanted to stay the next year. I don't even know where your getting the assumption that I get upset at inactives from.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I've made the playoffs in the War league for three straight years and am on the fast track to winning WMD's fantasy basketball league after I finished in first last year (lost in the playoffs but still).

And honestly, I don't mean most of my trash talk since I know more often than not I'll lose. I also never rush people to do things (all those texts I sent in this draft were not exactly my idea most of the time), so when I'm inactive, I admit it's because I'm lazy. Even after you gave your reason for not being active, I said fine but then you poked in to notice your team even after the fact, and STILL refused to keep active. You can't make an excuse, just because your team is losing, to not updating a team when you are the goddamn commissioner and you are fully aware of it.
Just because I'm the commissioner??? Life happens. Besides, I set it up for us to have a big fun league here for OUR forum. With or without me, it shouldn't matter. I'm glad you guys are having fun in it. I plan to be back next year but by the time I came back this year, there was no way for me to be competitive in it. I don't have the time to make a worthless effort there just to fight for 16th place.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone's feelings are getting hurt too much and they feel like dropping out, I'd love to have a team in this league. Keep me in mind barring an opening.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
Old 03-29-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Oh man...Don't resort to name calling... that always means you're losing bro.

Lemme just say it takes a lot longer than 3 min a week for me to manage my teams. If you think fantasy sports is only about setting line ups... well then... we have different point of views. For me it's about watching box scores, keeping up with the latest news, making trades, adding and dropping players and following a strategy. 3 min a week tells me all I need to know about why Brodeur is never successful. But what it really came down to in the end was where I needed to spend my time and the fantasy basketball league was no where close on my list of priorities. The justification didn't even make sense. Brodeur's point (the one you chose to follow) doesn't even relate to anything. It has no bearing on this league or any other league. It's just another case of Brodeur throwing jabs.

...and btw, people going inactive in leagues happen all the time and I've never NOT allowed someone back who wanted to stay the next year. I don't even know where your getting the assumption that I get upset at inactives from.
Edit-nevermind. I'm done.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-29-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm throwing jabs? You're the one calling me a bad fantasy player when I've done well in every football and basketball league you've been in with me. Yeah I struggle in baseball, but that's because I tend to overanalyze things sometimes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm throwing jabs? You're the one calling me a bad fantasy player when I've done well in every football and basketball league you've been in with me. Yeah I struggle in baseball, but that's because I tend to overanalyze things sometimes.
I shouldn't have gone there, I really don't care how people do in leagues. I just wanted to rip you in particular because you are constantly trying to get a reaction from me by posting crap.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Edit-nevermind. I'm done.
My bad for having an opinion on your trade. I shouldn't have because I stopped playing fantasy basketball.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
If anyone's feelings are getting hurt too much and they feel like dropping out, I'd love to have a team in this league. Keep me in mind barring an opening.
It takes a reeeeeally special person to be able to handle THIS league. The season is 1 day old and we already can't stand the smell of each other. I don't think you know what you're asking for.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It takes a reeeeeally special person to be able to handle THIS league. The season is 1 day old and we already can't stand the smell of each other. I don't think you know what you're asking for.
Eh, I don't take any of you seriously in these situations. I'd like to think I have a thicker skin than that.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
Old 03-29-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Eh, I don't take any of you seriously in these situations. I'd like to think I have a thicker skin than that.
Probably so, I can't deny the fun that mini-dramas create. :)
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've started a **** storm. HAHAHA.
Closed Thread