Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
This is just another rehash of the O'Halloran blog quoted above and quotes him as the source. It isn't another take.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all are funny as hell making a skins bashing thread, and how we are running our franchise down trying to acquire old big contract players, do you know how old Briggs and Samuel are?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Umm...you do understand that Briggs does not fit in the 3-4, nor does Samuels fit in the Cover 2?

Its like me trading american power tools for metric system power tools, even though I own an american car, and the guy I trade with has a japanese car. It makes no sense at all.
Briggs does not fit in the 3-4 you are correct, but Samuel is ideal for the cover 2. He is versatile - able to play zone or man - a ball hawk, a run supporter, his only knock is lack of ideal height and less than stellar speed. He is protected in the Patriots scheme almost as a cover 2 corner - he almost always has deep help.

I certainly don't want Briggs for the Patriots though.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cin
18 overall pick

Pats
Samuels

thats a good deal, Cin gets alot of help at a needed postion and Pats get another frist which maybe they can move up and grab CJ!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd do it if Cincy threw in a third...
Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Samuel is a bit more valuable than that. With a 3rd, I would do it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Cin
18 overall pick

Pats
Samuels

thats a good deal, Cin gets alot of help at a needed postion and Pats get another frist which maybe they can move up and grab CJ!!
i dont think Samuel has been to jail..
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
amazingdonnie

Pats are close to signing Tory James (Bengals). This could be a sign that a trade is in mind, or Randall *** is going to get an offer from the Jets.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuel gets traded, then the Pats would have the ammo to move up to 14 to get Nelson. And still have a possible first round pick.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
i dont think Samuel has been to jail..
lick my balls.

anyways, i wouldnt wanna give up our first rounder, but id be really interested in getting asante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd love to see him come to Detroit, id do a swap of Asante both and both NE 1sts for #2 overall. I think thats even for both teams Pats get rid of a distraction and add the best player in this draft. WR isnt a huge need but to add a guy like CJ21 and pair him with Chad Jackson, you gotta jump on it.

The Lions get 2 firsts and a CB with great experience.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Samuel gets traded, then the Pats would have the ammo to move up to 14 to get Nelson. And still have a possible first round pick.
As of right now, the Pats don't need to trade up at all. Nelson will be there at 24, and maybe even 28.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
As of right now, the Pats don't need to trade up at all. Nelson will be there at 24, and maybe even 28.
No way. Who do you think he is, Michael Griffin?

I think it's pretty funny that you can't say Randall ***. He's not *** as far as I know, but he is a member of the family ***. I wonder if you can say homosexual.

edit: yeah I guess you can. That's pretty ***.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
no he wont. the jags or bengals, prolly the jags, will pick him up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if Patriots move up its for

CJ, Thomas or Landry(if we go top 10)

if we move up to 11-15 we might target Willis

also throw in AP..2 great RBs would be amazing.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

I don't blame him. The Patriots won't pay him $65 million because they're smart. Some team will and they can trade Samuel and move up in the draft. That's the ***** of being tagged.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
I'd love to see him come to Detroit, id do a swap of Asante both and both NE 1sts for #2 overall. I think thats even for both teams Pats get rid of a distraction and add the best player in this draft. WR isnt a huge need but to add a guy like CJ21 and pair him with Chad Jackson, you gotta jump on it.

The Lions get 2 firsts and a CB with great experience.
Considering the Lions track record with first round picks, they should just do #2 for Samuel straight up. Guaranteed not to blow that one.

But yeah, no chance in hell they get both 1sts and Asante. We wouldn't do it. I can say that with 100% confidence...
Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
amazingdonnie

I agree, it'd be a huge waste. Asante and 24 for the #2 perhaps. But I can't see the Pats doing this anyway, it adds a big rookie contract they have to give out, and they lose a first rounder. Won't happen. Skins, on the otherhand, seems very possible. But be assured the Pats will milk them for everything they can, the only possibility I see is Asante for the #6 alone. There are going to be many good players at 24 and 28 the pats can pick from, why give one up.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you'll see Asante play anywhere but in NE This year. They have made FA moves geared to getting a team that was close to the Superbowl BACK to the Superbowl. I don't believe BB and SP would want to let a veteran with that impact not be a part of the mix. That decision was made as part of the entire package of moves made since the end of the year. He won't be traded, they will probably not get anything done until deadlines get close. I would guess that the options would be :

1 play for the franchise tender
2 accept a longterm deal for a great deal less than he is presently seeking.
3 force a trade ala Branch in the late stages of pre season.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

No way Pats will trade Samuel to get a top 10 pick. A top 10 pick doesn't have great value for the cap.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote