Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Joint Mock Draft

Hey Cleveland fans. We are finishing up a joint mock and CLE first two picks were Richardson and Mike Adams. I'm in charge on making the CLE pick in the second round but I a stuck on which direction to go.

Wright, Floyd, Blackmon have already been taken. There are a few picks before mine where Jeffery and Hill could go.

What are your thoughts on which direction to go at this point? Defense?

Thanks
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
A.Zajac
Rookie

A.Zajac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Assuming you wouldn't have Jeffrey and Hill to pick from... I'd actually go with Weeden. Browns brass extremely high on him.
A.Zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Zajac View Post
Assuming you wouldn't have Jeffrey and Hill to pick from... I'd actually go with Weeden. Browns brass extremely high on him.
Jeffery is actually available, unless the bucks take him. I have also been looking at Randle from LSU but didn't know if they would take another project receiver like Little.

Weeden should be available in the third...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't take Weeden. He's not worth that pick, even if the Browns are saying (who knows if they mean it or not) that they like him.

I wouldn't touch Jeffery either; I don't think they want a questionable work ethic guy in their locker room and he doesn't really fit the blue collar personality of the city to boot.

Without knowing what else is available, I'd also consider one of the top OG's to play RG (even though you already boosted the OL), a WLB, or a DE.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Here's the draft board...

1) Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck QB, Stanford (autopick)
2) Washington Redshkins- Robert Griffin III QB, Baylor (autopick)
3) Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil OT, USC (Witten4hof 1)
4) Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson RB, Alabama (D-Unit 1)
5) Tampa Bay Bucs- Morris Claiborne CB, LSU(Cowboysbeastmode 1)
6) St Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon WR, OSU(Pocketaces 1)
7) Jacksonville Jags- Quinton Coples DE, UNC(LeRoyisgod 1)
8) Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehil QB, Texas A&M(Trogdor 1)
9) Carolina Panthers- Michael Brockers DT, LSU(D-warenightmare 1)
10) Buffalo Bills- Dontari Poe NT, Memphis(W4HOF1)
11) Kansas City Chiefs- David DeCastro OG, Stanford(UTPATS 1)
12) Seattle Seahawks- Whitney Mercilus DE, Illinois(Leroyisgod 1)
13) Arizona Cardnals- Riley Reiff OT, Iowa(Dallascowboysbeastmode 1)
14) Dallas Cowboys- Fletcher Cox DT,Mississippi St(Crisco710 1)
15) Philadelphia Eagles- Jerel Worthy DT, Michigan St(Thefinisher 1)
16) NY Jets- Melvin Ingram OLB, SC(Thefinisher 2)
17) Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick CB, Alabama(pocketaces)
18) San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford(Trogdor)
19) Chicago Bears- Stephen Gilmore CB, SC(Primetime217)
20) Tennessee Titans- Devon Still DT, Penn St(UTPATS 2)
21) Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Floyd Wr, ND(Heismanherschel 2)
22) Cleveland Browns- Mike Adams OT, OSU(D-warenightmare 2)
23) Detroit Lions- Cordy Glenn OT/OG, Gerorgia(Trogdor)
24) Pittsburgh Steelers Donta Hightower MLB, Alabama(Leroyisgod)
25) Denver Broncos- Luke Kuechly MLB, Boston College(Pocketaces)
26) Houston Texans-Kendall Wright WR, Baylor (Cowboysbeastmode)
27) New England Patriots- Janoris Jenkins CB, North Alabama(D-Unit)
28) Green Bay Packers- Peter Konz C, Wisconsin(Witten4hof)
29) Baltimore Ravens- Courtney Upshaw OLB, Alabama(Witten4hof)
30) San Francisco 49er's- Kevin Zeitler C/G, Wisconsin(D-Unit)
31) New England Patriots- Andre Branch OLB/DE, Clemson(Cowboysbeastmode)
32) NY Giants- Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech (Pocketaces 3)
33) St Louis Rams-Zach Brown Olb, UNC (Leroyisgod 3)
34) Indianapolis Colts- Coby Fleener TE, Stanford(Trogdor)
35) Minnesota Vikings- Mark Barron S, Alabama(D-warenightmare)
36) Tampa Bay Bucs- Heismanherschel (3)
37) Cleveland Browns- UTPATS (3)
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you should've taken Kendall Wright at 22, haha. I would go with Reuben Randle. He is the best value and he happens to fill our biggest need of WR.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

I didn't pick for CLE at 22...
Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cordy Glenn would have been the better pick at 22 (though i personally think come draft day theres little chance he would be there for the Browns). with Glenn, if they manage to find a RT on Day 2, they can move Glenn inside, and make the o-line dominant. Richardson would be free to run over everyone and force defenders to stop keying in on the passing game, and respect the run game. McCoy wont be taking as many hits. and if they dont, Glenn can just play RT himself.

as for the 37 pick, i dont see anything wrong with Randle or Jeffery. either one would make their passing game more respectable. right now theres just Little and Norwood, and Norwood is a free agent after this season.

and for the 67, i think taking whatever DE that falls out of the second would be the best. the way that joint mock is looking, Lewis, Jones, or Crick should be available for the Browns.

Last edited by Donnie D : 03-29-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have to go with a WR. Get Jeffrey at 37.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

I ended up picking Jeffery. His tape vs Alabama and some other SEC teams just made me salivate!

I personally like Adams better than Glenn, but I understand your reasoning behind drafting Glenn. However, there seems to be more Guard depth in the 2-3 round range than the tackle depth.