Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-30-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOVE the Dolphins first rounder obviously. And honestly, I am a Chandler Jones fan, but if we pass on Jeffery AND Sanu to take him I'd pretty a little miffed.

Do you really think we'd pass on those two great targets for the new QB Tannehill, when WR is arguably our BIGGEST need? Especially Sanu, he seems to be a terrific fit for the new offense!

Can you please explain your thoughts on this? Is Chandler really even worth that high of a pick?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
Scott, for the Bengal picks you are still looking at them from several years back. For the past 2 drafts they have not gone with the 'physical specimen' or the 'weak character' guy. As long as they stick to that, they would not pass on DeCastro for Brockers and they would in all likelihood pass on Jenkins.
Really?

A.J. Green = Physical Freak

Dontay Moch = Physical Freak + Workout Warrior

Robert Sands = Freakish Workout Warrior

And that is just last year.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Steele View Post
You need to remove the Saint's second round pick, a la "Bounty-Gate"
Good call, totally forgot about that!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Good call, totally forgot about that!!!
Not a problem.

One quick question, Ta'amu to the Steelers in the 2nd? I love him as a player, just not for their scheme. Although he has the size and build to be a nose guard I just see him having a different type of skillset, relying more on quikness and athleticism than brute strength to make plays. May be better as guy in a 4-3 capable of playing 0-tech in special formations. Thoughts?
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Really?

Sorry, I think this is a pretty awful mock for the Bengals.

When was the last time the Bengals spent a 1st round pick on a bad character guy? I honestly can't think of a single guy who would fit that category. Closest would maybe be Andre Smith (though it was more weight issues than a litany of off field legal problems and drug use with Jenkins).

In reality, the Bengals have passed on guys like Dez Bryant despite major needs at the position. If you go back to the draft press conference that year, Marvin didn't mention names but more or less admitted they thought Dez was more talented but passed due to the off field stuff saying they wanted a sure thing in the 1st round.

The Brockers pick isn't terrible and I think the Bengals could go D line if it was BPA, but a DE makes a lot more sense and I'd be pretty shocked if they passed on Decastro. I think if Decastro falls to 17 he is pretty close to a slam dunk.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really?

LAWYERED!!!!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Another thing with regard to Janoris Jenkins to the Bengals (a popular mock draft pick all over the place, not just here), Marvin Lewis gave a lengthy interview at the league meetings earlier this week and mentioned character probably a dozen times.

In response to questions about whether this Bengals group could keep it going after one good season unlike the Bengals team from 2005 that basically self destructed, Marvin kept going back to the character of the young core group of guys on this team (AJ Green, Andy Dalton, Geno Atkins, Leon Hall, Andrew Whitworth, Jermaine Gresham, etc.) as the main reason why he thought this time would be different.

I'll come back and eat crow if I end up being wrong on this, but I would be absolutely shocked if they took a guy like Janoris Jenkins in the 1st this year. It goes against everything the team seems to be trying to do and I think Marvin Lewis is smart enough (and now has enough pull in the organization) that he is not going to make the same mistakes that led to the lack of real major accomplishments from his 1st core croup of guys.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the first time in a long time you won't hear me complain about a Chiefs mock!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
LAWYERED!!!!
Not that Scott's response was to me and I think the other poster can respond for himself, but I would argue that the Bengals actually went against the "combine freak" mentality in choosing AJ Green over Julio Jones.

If you remember, Julio dominated AJ in pretty much every category at the combine and there were rumors the Bengals may like Julio better at #4. But in the end, the Bengals went with AJ's superior hands and polish over Julio's superior speed and leaping ability.

They do like to draft guys with good measurables sometimes (Moch is a good example, so is Michael Johnson) but I don't know that they do so more than any other team. They're not the Raiders.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also wont pass on a much bigger need for a freak athlete.
If you watched Boling last year he got manhandled at times and Im not sure Im comfortable with him being depended on at RG.

Bobbie is done. I dont think he has much left in his tank.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm good withthe Browns first round. Cousins... ugh... If we HAVE to take a QB, much prefer Weeden. Also, are we going into next season with Hardesty as our starting RB instead of getting one (Doug Martin fan right here) in the second? I don't know where we build the OL either.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very good KC draft
Old 03-30-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
We also wont pass on a much bigger need for a freak athlete.
If you watched Boling last year he got manhandled at times and Im not sure Im comfortable with him being depended on at RG.

Bobbie is done. I dont think he has much left in his tank.
Yeah, I agree with you. I've seen Boling a few times recently and it doesn't look like he's put on the weight required to be a starting RG in our scheme.

RG and WR are the only 2 positions where I could maybe see the Bengals reach a tiny bit for need. And also would seem to be the 2 positions where if a stud (Decastro) fell into their lap, they'd be hard pressed to pass.

I could see a defensive pick in the 1st round on pure BPA and could see guys like Cox, Gilmore, Barron, Ingram, etc. being options that would intrigue them.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
I'm good withthe Browns first round. Cousins... ugh... If we HAVE to take a QB, much prefer Weeden. Also, are we going into next season with Hardesty as our starting RB instead of getting one (Doug Martin fan right here) in the second? I don't know where we build the OL either.
As an outsider, it seems like Holmgren's recent comments point to RB being a pretty huge priority. If not with Richardson, probably one of the other 2 early picks based on how much he blasted the RB play last season in his recent statements.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
initial_flo
Rookie

initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.

Love the Browns first 2 picks, but theres about 10-200 other players Id like ahead of K.Cousins.

Especially:
Mercilus
Wilson
Mike Adams
Chander Jones
V. Curry
Alshon

Mo Claiborne (1st) , Off Playmakers (very early/multiple picks), Pass Rush (all the time) and quality blockers (with solid value) are the only qualities the browns should be lookin for with all 13 picks imo.

Cousins nooooooo
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Silatolu to KC in round 2 but I am hoping they don't take Poe. The team that takes him will be sorry and I am hoping it won't be mine. Would much rather see the Chiefs go DeCastro 1 and Ta'amu 2.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I don't really like Nick Perry to Green Bay, not because he's not a good player (he is) and not because he can't play OLB (he probably can), it's just because he's not really a great fit on a team with Clay Matthews. Generally, 3-4 teams with 2 good pass rushing OLBs do best when you have a different style of pass rusher on each side (e.g. James Harrison is crazy and tenacious while Woodley is a powerful "crush the pocket guy" and Worilds is a great athlete.) Being able to mix up the styles makes your various stunts much more effective, and it keeps the OTs off balance.

Perry is almost exactly the same style of a pass rusher as Matthews (the game is based on the burst and the athleticism, Matthews is quite a bit more flexible though.) So I think Green Bay would prefer to have someone like Mercilus or Branch to Perry.

I know the "2 USC OLBs" angle is kind of cute, but I just don't feel it's a great fit.
Forgive me I don't quite follow. I understand the premise of having two different pass rushers, like Derrick Thomas was a speed rusher and Neil Smith was a power rusher for the Chiefs in the 90s. But its not necessarily that their styles were different that made the Chiefs a terror to opposing QBs, but because they were both effective.

I don't think it matters whether or not Matthews and Perry are the same type of pass rusher, if they can both get to the QB then they will be forcing the offense to devote resources to block them on both sides. That is usually difficult to do and will leave another position vulnerable.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turn on NFLN Path to the Draft to see Scott Wright make his national TV debut!

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Aw man I missed it....

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Aw man I missed it....
I am pretty sure they will be replaying it.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am pretty sure they will be replaying it.
Set to record at 2 am. Don't you worry sir

What was the name of the segment?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Set to record at 2 am. Don't you worry sir

What was the name of the segment?
It was close to the end, "Blackmon Overrated?".

Old 03-30-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why was there no site announcement?! Don't be shy, Scott!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As Pats fan, I would love to finally see a defensive heavy draft, but I am hedging my bets.

The way your draft plays out, I like the plethora of OLB types available. I would be happy with Perry Branch or Mercilus. Curry might work, but a bit early for him.

As for Reyes, I like the pick. It is way too early to pick a safety there, although there are a few corners, but I think it would be a reach. Both him and a guy like Still offer the height weight combo Bill has liked in the past. If we go DE/DT, I see Reyes ahead. Do you go with one hit wonder and upside with Still or Reyes, with his faults, has plenty of starting experience and I believe was a team captain.

Dark horse might be Stephen Hill.

In this scenario, I definitely see a trade down possible. My pipe dream is that we give this pick to the Titans and we sign Michael Griffin.

For the second:

I really like the Smith pick. May not be an amazing prospect, but I like more talent at safety.

Boykin is nice, but I see us using at least one pick on offense, and picking up one of the secondary centers seems to work.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Why was there no site announcement?! Don't be shy, Scott!
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/announcement.php?f=47

Does this count? It was really cool to see you on TV. How did you get this set up?

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote