Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-18-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-Time Favorite Viking : Alan Page

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? one, but it will be two once they visit Cleveland Week 1 this season. I've lived in Ohio my entire life and have never been to Minnesota. I just saw them play Cincinnati about 3 or 4 years ago.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Can't think of one, but I would say the playoff victory over the Packers a couple years back.

What got you into the Vikings : No clue, my family are all Bengals and Browns fans
Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Troy Williamson...should have seen it coming but he had some speed and I thought he would be the perfect replacement for Randy Moss.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Have you ever been to a Vikings game? one, but it will be two once they visit Cleveland Week 1 this season. I've lived in Ohio my entire life and have never been to Minnesota. I just saw them play Cincinnati about 3 or 4 years ago.
I am also looking to go to that game this year. I only live 3 hours from Cleveland so It would be worth the trip to see Adrian. I saw them in 2006 against the Buffalo Bills.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite Vikings: Randy Moss, Chris Walsh, LeRoy Horde. Sidney is gonna be up there in a year or two.

Location: From St. Cloud, but go to school at Gustavus Adolphus College.

Have been to two Vikings games, my last one was in 2001 I believe.

My favorite Vikings victory is any one over the Packers. Literally, any single one.

What got me into the Vikings: The first year I ever followed football was the 98 season. Randy was a rookie, and I feel in love with him. I was like 8 at the time, and I watched every second of every game, and memorized stats. That magical, yet tragic season got me into the Vikes.

Favorite draft pick that sucked: Troy Williamson. He makes me sad...
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im an Eagle fan, but root for the Vikes, when they dont play the Eagles.

All-Time Favorite Viking : Cris Carter, (former Eagle)
Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? 1, when they came to Detroit this year.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : When they beat the Cowboys in playoffs this year.

What got you into the Vikings : My cousin is a life long fan.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : John David Booty, wouldve been fun seeing somebody named booty on tv
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
VCU4LIFEGOVIKS
Rookie

VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, Warren Moon, Jim Marshall, Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Pat Williams

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? Yes, 22 games.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Vikings vs Bears in 1994 at the Dome. Vikings won in OT on a 65 yard TD pass from Warren Moon to Cris Carter. Probably the greatest game in any sport that I have ever attended.

What got you into the Vikings : My uncle. We would go visit him in Minnesota every year when I was kid. While we were there he would always take me to Vikings games.
VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, Warren Moon, Jim Marshall, Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Pat Williams

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? Yes, 22 games.

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Vikings vs Bears in 1994 at the Dome. Vikings won in OT on a 65 yard TD pass from Warren Moon to Cris Carter. Probably the greatest game in any sport that I have ever attended.

What got you into the Vikings : My uncle. We would go visit him in Minnesota every year when I was kid. While we were there he would always take me to Vikings games.
Welcome! Look forward to hearing from you. As for the Carter/Moon game, here's a little present for you.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
VCU4LIFEGOVIKS
Rookie

VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Welcome! Look forward to hearing from you. As for the Carter/Moon game, here's a little present for you.

Great find. Watching that play again just gave me goose bumps. Thanks buddy.:-D
VCU4LIFEGOVIKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite Vikings: Currently...Jared Allen, Jimmy Kleinsasser, Antoine Winfield, and Chad Greenway

Location: Originally from Duluth. Now I live in West Richland, WA

My favorite Vikings victories were the 2 victories over the Packers last year. A close call would have been the San Fran game last year. It was nice to see the Vikings pull-off the type of play that in the past was normally executed against them.

What got me into the Vikings: I too began following the Vikings really closely beginning with the 98 season.

Favorite draft pick that sucked: Tough to beat the entire 2005 draft class as a whole (Williamson, Erasmus James, Marcus Johnson, Dustin Fox, Ciatrick Fason, C.J. Mosley, and Adrian Ward), but I still think Demetrius Underwood has to rank as one of the worst NFL draft picks ever regardless of team.
MNtoWA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

*sigh* I miss the good old days.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
VikingsFan

All-Time Favorite Viking : John Randle, Randy Moss, Jim Marshall

Have you ever been to a Vikings game? No, alas. Living in FL and DC has made getting up to see a game very difficult. :/

Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : Being young, I'll have to say the '05 Wild Card victory against the Packers.

What got you into the Vikings : My father. Despite living in Tampa nearly all my life, he imparted his love of the Vikings onto me at a young age and I've been hooked since.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome! We look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Imrighturwrong
Rookie

Imrighturwrong hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Location : Fargo,ND and Rosemount,MN (I attend college in Fargo, home is in Rosemount)

All-Time Favorite Viking : Robert Smith
Have you ever been to a Vikings game? If so, how many? : Yes, 9 (5-0 in the regular season, 2-1 in the pre season and 1-0 in the postseason. Only loss was a pre season at dallas in 08).
Favorite Viking Game of All-Time : This is tough there are a lot I enjoyed. I'll have to go with either the 2009 playoff game Vs Dallas(got tix for my bday) or the 98 drubbing of the redskins, which was my first vikings game.

What got you into the Vikings : My uncle is a huge fan and was one of my role models growing up. and Robert Smith used to visit me when I spent 3 months in the hospital after heart surgery when I was 5.

Favorite Draft Pick Who Ended up Sucking (explain) : Dmitrius Underwood, because I find the whole ordeal with him humorous.
Imrighturwrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Papa2729
Rookie

Papa2729 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I still have my foam Vikings Brick that were common in Mn households during the Wade Wilson era. The brick was thrown at my TV a lot this season. :)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.VikesWookie could make a wolverine purr.

Locale: Chanhassen

All-Time Fav Vikings: Anthony Carter, John Randle

Fav Viking Game: a) '87 Divisional Game vs. 49ers- Prior to this game the niners were my fav team. AC and our O outduelled Rice and Taylor. :)
b) it was in either '96 or '97 when we played at NYG and came back late in the 4th. Multiple scores in a couple of minutes. One of the coolest comebacks I've still ever seen...

What got me into the Vikes: My uncle was a huge niners fan and brought me to several games when I was a young kid. At the ripe age of 11 I bandwagoned tomy homestate team after the '87 playoff game where we finally beat the niners in a clutch/pressure game.

Draft pick that I thought would turn out well, but didn't: How about Kenechi Udeze? He was a stud coming out of USC (18 or 19 sacks in senior yr). He never quite lived upto that. Good at run D, just never became a presence off the edge.
The Daunte pick confused me as well. Picking Kearse may have given us the edge in '99, '00 and beyond...
I was one of the few ppl who didn't like the AP pick. He's currently one of my top 3 fav vikings now, but I wanted Pat Willis at the time. We'll see how time fares on their careers...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locale: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

All-Time Favorite Viking: Randy Moss

Never been to a game, plan on going once i finish school.

Favorite Vikings Game: 1998 Thanksgiving Day vs. Cowboys.

What got me into the Vikes: I saw Moss play on TV when he was @ Marshall and decided I wanted to follow him in the pros. Became a lifelong Vikings from draft day on.

Favorite Pick that ended up being a bust: Only been following the draft for the past 6-7 years, but I was pretty high on their pick of Marcus McCauley a few years back, liked his size and athleticism for a 3rd round CB. Also have to mention the Williamson pick, for obvious reasons.

Been around the forums a fair bit the last few months and never really posted anything but thought I'd just make it known there is another Vikes fan out here.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.

Age 28

Locale: Outside DC

All Time Favorite Viking : Henderson, Winfield, and Cris Carter

Favorite Game : Gotta go with the playoff win against the Packers back in 2005?

Been to a game : I have been to a few. I try to make it out whenever the play Washington. Im planning on going to a game in Minnesota this upcoming season.

What got me to root for the good guys: Cris Carter, enough said.

Favorite Draft Pick that Busted : I was a MASSIVE Troy Williamson guy. I had him being a bigger, faster Chad Johnson/Ocho Cinco.
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote