Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-31-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is NFL Network a Reliable Source Now Days?

I was just watching NFL Network "Path to the Draft" and had to watch Brian Baldinger explain why Andrew Luck was the best pick because Bill Polians son worked for Stanford.

I then watched Charles Davis explain that "Robert Griffin" has knee injury issues. 1) he used the wrong name he was meaning Cedric Griffin, 2) Cedric signed with the Redskins and doesn't even play for them.

Not to mention La Confora. Most of the players they have know the game and how to play it, but are poor at analyzing and scouting talent and add little value as speakers

It seems Mayock is the only person you can truly believe or value his opinion. Thoughts on whether it's still reliable or not?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not just NFL Network, unfortunately. With television (and even radio) nowadays they'd rather hire a former pro that can't put together a coherent thought than someone who, you know, actually went to school for that kind of thing.

/bitter rant
Old 03-31-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys, like John Clayton, are in the back pocket of some of the big agents and they present their breaking stories with angles that promote the agents' point of view. I would never trust any of them fully, but Mayock seems to have his head above water at this point. I could be totally wrong on that, of course.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of them don't know what they are even talking about most of time and are just blowing stuff out there ass it sounds like to me the last few years it seem like.Mayock is really the only person there who is worth listening too IMO.The rest are just getting paid .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find outside of Mike Mayock that NFLN is rather weak. I'd listen to a number of people in here over those guys and last i looked nobody in here is receiving a paycheck for this stuff.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if NFL Network is weak, then the people on this site live on another planet. While their play by play people may be mediocre, their breaking story people have so many inside contacts that they are the best source of information there is.

'Path to the Draft' is the best show in town, sure there are plenty of disagreements as every scout, former scout and former GM has their own opinions, but it gives you a clear idea of what really goes on in draft rooms when a board is being finalized. Each has his own bias's about what type of prospect they like and reaching a consensus is very difficult, so it should come as no surprise that there are varying differences on where prospects will be picked.

I use the people on NFL Network as if they were all my scouts and I'm the GM who has to sort through their analysis and reach a conclusion after viewing as much film as I can. People on this site including Scott, simply don't have the access to the prospects that people on NFL Network do, we don't have any ability to have a real interview with them, nor do we attend their workouts, nor do we have access to their character history or access to their medical evaluation. Yet, there are a lot of people on this site who act like they actually know everything, when in fact they have very little knowledge.

Mayock is wonderful but you had better know his bias's about certain positions, just like you must read between the lines for everybody who reports for 'Path to the Draft', if you want to get a clear picture of the current status of prospects, and you always must keep in mind that they are trying hard to sell a show to the public.

Just as a side note, I thought Lombardi gave a terrific insight when he said that scouts will really talk up a prospect till draft day, but when it comes time to actually pick the player the scout has been pimping, the scout suddenly starts putting out question marks just in case the draftee flops, he doesn't want to put all his eggs into the basket.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that everyone also has to remember that a large amount of the information being pulled for these guys is probably coming from a group of people working underneath the talking head on the screen.

While the person saying it certainly has final say on what is said, it is a group effort.

So these "analysts" aren't neccesarily the ones doing all of the analyzing.

What it boils down to is that all of these media outlets should be taken with a grain of salt and you have to get what you can out of it and then make your own sound judgements.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock is on the money with his DB evaluations, and pretty solid with QB's, He is awful at evaluating offensive lineman. All in all he is a pretty good source. I also don't think Michael Lombardi is that bad either. He at least has more credibility than most.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL Network is still more reliable than ESPN. Sure, ESPN has Schefter, who's the best out of all any reporter and insider, but the rest of ESPN is just garbage. Mort, Clayton, then the Draft "experts" McShay and Kiper. They're awful and have poor insight of what teams will and should do to address needs.

I'd rather take the NFL network staff, Mayock, La Canfora, Lombardi, and Casserly trump ESPN
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Eisen and Mayock... everyone else... ehhh.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
This, ten characters.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I find outside of Mike Mayock that NFLN is rather weak. I'd listen to a number of people in here over those guys and last i looked nobody in here is receiving a paycheck for this stuff.
Mayock really seems to be the only guy who talks about prospects like he's thinking about taking a guy for his own team, the other guys are just kinda like, "This guy makes cool plays, this guy gets blocked too easy."
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stick to my own thoughts on most players, but do enjoy hearing what others have to say. NFLN is by far better overall than ESPN leading up to the draft, but I'd have to say I believe in Kiper more than Mayock. McShay is pretty bad at times especially with QB's.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
It's not just NFL Network, unfortunately. With television (and even radio) nowadays they'd rather hire a former pro that can't put together a coherent thought than someone who, you know, actually went to school for that kind of thing.

/bitter rant
The former pro has friends in the industry. The guy that you hire from Columbia doesn't.

Speaking well and writing well take a back seat when the journalist can't get good information from sources.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:43 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamie Dukes drives me CRAZYYY. That guy can be so one-sided some times, and he is absolutely wrong most of the time. If you don't agree with him, then he makes you out to be an idiot...

Most of these players on NFLN do not know anything outside of their own position. Like I'll gladly listen to Faulk talk about RBs or Deion talk about DBs, but when some of the guys on their start talking I just SMH.....
Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Jamie Dukes drives me CRAZYYY. That guy can be so one-sided some times, and he is absolutely wrong most of the time. If you don't agree with him, then he makes you out to be an idiot...
I think NFLN pays him to make stupid arguments so everyone else can make reasonable arguments. He's the Skip Bayless of NFLN

Also, I believe I heard Sterling Sharpe say Coby Fleener should go at #9 to Carolina, which made me change channels. You can get people to watch by being informative, or by being shocking. Apparently one is easier then the other.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamie Dukes is an absolute moron. Every time he says something he goes so overboard that my immediate thought is that he is either trying to get something started and "create" a story when it doesn't actually exist, or that he wants what he is saying to have merit but he doesn't actually believe it himself. Either way I give him absolutely no credibility when it comes to player analysis.

I like Mayock in that I believe he truly does his homework and doesn't blab about anything he doesn't see. I do agree that he isn't always on the mark with linemen; I just think he doesn't have a real keen eye for what they do and what translates to the pro game. I think, though, that his opinion is genuine and backed by research.

Baldinger I like when it comes to his assessment of play. He understands life in the trenches and what it takes to stand out in the league. I really just don't get the feeling like he is a draft guy.

With Casserly I get the feeling like he is a bit worn out. He gives an honest analysis and all, and I think he is pretty reliable, but I just get the sense that he has looked at so many thousands of players over the years that he just doesn't have the energy to give any of them the amount of time they deserve when it comes to analysis. Or maybe that's just his personality.

The guy that I miss seeing is Rod Woodson. When he first started it was pretty obvious that he was out of his comfort zone, but he made great strides quickly and I always thought his analysis was pretty sharp. One of the things I liked about him was that he didn't bother saying anything that wasn't worthy of conversation, and he painted a realistic picture of how things really are from a player's perspective.

If I have a beef with the Path to the Draft show in general it is that the show is geared toward the average fan. They never really talk about anyone who is below the top 5 at a position and so you get very little info about anyone who may be a huge steal in the 5th round. I understand why, because shows are geared towards the masses, but it would be cool for them to create a show for football geeks like us.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mayock, casserly, and lombardi are the guys with a solid head on their shoulders. when it comes to jamie dukes, warren sapp, bucky brooks or any of the other knuckleheads that show their face on that channel i really want to shot myself

ie jamie dukes saying peyton manning has never had a runningback before willis mcgahee.

jamie dukes most of never heard of a guy named edergin james or even joseph addai that served fine for a couple of seasons.

a lot of these dudes just babble about rediculous things and have no style or any coherent thoughts
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
This.

I still prefer it over ESPN since I don't follow any other sport.

Last edited by Splat : 04-01-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
blahblah NFL network stuff, blahblah
Color me shocked that Iamcanadian is defending NFLN.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Lombardi. I like him. I think he is pretty genuine as well. It's important to me that I feel like they are giving their honest opinion rather than coming across like they want to "make a splash" with what they are saying. Charles Davis does that a lot. "And how about this?..." Ooooh, shocking! You're grasping for straws again!
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch TV. I win.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Network is a lot more relevant as a source than it is reliable, to put it short. I don't even get the channel but still keep up with all reports including theirs and you have to at least consider what they're saying because they're at least talking to important people. However, as said the only guys you can take seriously are Mayock and Lombardi. La Canfora has sources but I'm not sure they tell him the truth and any opinion of his is immediately void upon expression. Whoever mentioned Clayton as a puppet is dead on, he is absolutely wrong about everything he says at this point and it's beyond obvious that whoever he talks to is feeding him BS because whatever he says is still somehow held in high regard. Not to mention he isn't very easy to look at.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 04-02-2012 at 02:41 AM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think in terms of Draft coverage they are as good this year.

Charley Casserley was talking about Osweiler on Friday's Path to the Draft - yet he admitted to not watching any tape of him yet!!

Mayock has become Mel Kiper - doing too many other things and hasn't impressed me as much as usual as a result. I don't think on day three he's going to be very good as he's just concentrating on the top guys.

The guy who has grown on me this year is Bucky Brooks - he's put more work in over the year than anyone else on there - yet he's rarely featured.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mayock, La Canfora, Lombardi, and Casserly trumps ESPN for sure but I do admit to liking Schefter more than La Canfora but that is just a personal preference (not to say La Canfora is bad).

I also prefer Mooch and Billick over anything ESPN has when it comes to NFL coaches. Herm can talk your ear off but he is more there for entertainment and at times good insight into DB play. The only ESPN guy I wished was over on the NFL Network was Mark Schlereth.

ESPN needs more guys like Lombardi and Casserly and they are trying with Polian. The problem with Polian is he is still way to guarded and acts like he is currently employed by a team.

Mel was fine when Mayock hadn't come about yet. McShay is getting better but he still has a LONNGGG ways to go to be in the realm of Mayock. Bucky Brooks is better than Kiper now imo.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote