Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-25-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my point is that i severely doubt erin CAN handle the duties. i did see after i posted that lofton signed w/ the saints. i guess in my opinion, LB could've been the easiest position to remedy going into the next season by signing just one upper tier guy to go along with Greenway...

Dude: why wouldn't lofton fit into our system? he does just about the same thing in his last defensive scheme. he had to drop deep into the seams quick over many snaps. i'd say lofton has the tools to do the job better than what EJ has done of late (and will ever do again)... just my thoughts...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings signed Zackary Bowman

Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏ @TomPelissero
And there's your cornerback. Happy? RT @brian_mcintyre: #Vikings Reach One-Year Deal With CB Zackary Bowman http://tinyurl.com/6ljeufy #NFL

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
^^ some of those were wrong we have a 6th from cleveland and gave our 6th to washington

#3, #35 #67 #99* #131* #165(cle)* #195* #208*

*Will all go down a few spots due to compensatory picks
Updating this now that the Compensatory picks are out

1-3 2-35 3-66* 4-98, 128, 134 5-138 6-175(from Cle) 7-210, 238(from NE)

*Pick moved up due to the Saints forfieting their 2nd round pick
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got the 33 and 39 picks in the 4th as comp picks.

Er, I guess I should have read the thread. :doh:
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty dissapointed we didn't get a 3rd rounder for Edwards. He started every game for Atlanta, IIRC, and did we really have a FA who played nearly as many snaps as Edwards would have? He signed long term, for big money, made the playoffs, and started every game. All that should have added up to a late 3rd.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings signed WR Bryan Walters. He was a UDFA from Cornell in 2010, and played the last two years with the Chargers, appearing in 4 career games and had 3 catches for 27 yards.

Essentially just another camp body.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Vikings new uniforms released

Not much changed at all.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The collar looks ********...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we would just go with the throwbacks permanently.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Vikings released preseason schedule

Quote:
Preseason Week 1: at San Francisco
Preseason Week 2: vs. Buffalo
Preseason Week 3: vs. San Diego
Preseason Week 4: at Houston

Dates and times will be announced at a later date.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Vikings signed Chris Carr

Quote:
Jason La Canfora
‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Former ravens cb chris carr signing with vikings
EDIT: Sounds like it's a one year deal, like damn near everyone we're signing this offseason.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 04-04-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I like the Carr signing,
I would love to see the vikes draft look something like this
1.Kahlil
2.Lavante David
3.Brandon Boykin
4.Marvin Mcnutt
4.Russell Wilson
4.Ryan Broyles
5.William Vlachos
6.Omar Bolden move to safety
7.Mike Danials

I realize 4th round we are gambling a bit but the picks are extra and we could get three excellant players. Knock on Mcnutt is speed but he has great hands and always seems to be open. broyles is a gamble but he is boom or bust. Wilson hi ives us some options and he could be a great value. Kahlil is no brainer David gives us options and a great player. Vlachos Danials add depth from schools with track historys of performing well.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of David as well. I do think we go DB or WR with that pick though.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
I like the Carr signing,
I would love to see the vikes draft look something like this
1.Kahlil
2.Lavante David
3.Brandon Boykin
4.Marvin Mcnutt
4.Russell Wilson
4.Ryan Broyles
5.William Vlachos
6.Omar Bolden move to safety
7.Mike Danials

I realize 4th round we are gambling a bit but the picks are extra and we could get three excellant players. Knock on Mcnutt is speed but he has great hands and always seems to be open. broyles is a gamble but he is boom or bust. Wilson hi ives us some options and he could be a great value. Kahlil is no brainer David gives us options and a great player. Vlachos Danials add depth from schools with track historys of performing well.

We have way too many holes to take a QB in the 4th round when we already have two young QB's we like. That pick could be used much better to help with depth right away. Taking a S or DT with that pick would make a lot more sense, especially with how you have the rest of our first 4 rounds going.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

The stadium bill was dealt a huge blow last night. A house committee voted down the bill 9-6.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/House_committee_deals_major_blow_to_Vikings_stadiu m_bill041612?t=2

Sounds like this could get ugly...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like the state of minnesota needs to vote the government people out next election, as the people currently in place make it seem that state doesnt deserve to have an nfl franchise
Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

every member of the legislature is up for re-election. I'm thinking of just a straight anti-incumbent vote based on a number of issues, the stadium being one of them.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 Schedule:

Sunday, Sept. 9: vs. Jacksonville, noon, CBS

Sunday, Sept. 16: at Indianapolis, noon, Fox

Sunday, Sept. 23: vs. San Francisco, noon, Fox

Sunday, Sept. 30: at Detroit, noon, Fox

Sunday, Oct. 7: vs. Tennessee, noon, CBS

Sunday, Oct. 14: at Washington, 3:15 p.m., Fox

Sunday, Oct. 21: vs. Arizona, noon, Fox

Thursday, Oct. 25: vs. Tampa Bay, 7:20 p.m., NFL Network

Sunday, Nov. 4: at Seattle, 3:15 p.m., Fox

Sunday, Nov. 11: vs. Detroit, noon, Fox

Sunday, Nov. 18: Bye

Sunday, Nov. 25: at Chicago, noon, Fox

Sunday, Dec. 2: at Green Bay, noon, Fox

Sunday, Dec. 9: vs. Chicago, noon, Fox

Sunday, Dec. 16: at St. Louis, noon, Fox

Sunday, Dec. 23: at Houston, noon, Fox

Sunday, Dec. 30: vs. Green Bay, noon, Fox

Last edited by The_Dude : 04-17-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those last six games are brutal. Yikes.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Those last six games are brutal. Yikes.
Yea, it doesn't look good that's for sure, but at least we have a bye right before it. On top of that, at that point in the season, you have no idea who will be hurt, and with the yearly turnover in the NFL, odds are at least one of those games will be much easier than we think right now.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

all i know is that i don't want to go to the Packers game in week 17. Our tickets are right behind the visitor's bench & you normally have to sit with the opposing fans. I'm assuming that game will be ridiculously green & gold with our expectations for this season.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
all i know is that i don't want to go to the Packers game in week 17. Our tickets are right behind the visitor's bench & you normally have to sit with the opposing fans. I'm assuming that game will be ridiculously green & gold with our expectations for this season.
I'll buy your tickets. My roommate is a huge packers fan and it would be awesome to go.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

No decision yet on Jerome Simpson, who continues to meet with Vikings

Quote:
Jerome Simpson remained in the Twin Cities on Saturday evening as the Minnesota Vikings tried to get to know the athletic receiver whose on-field inconsistency and off-field transgressions have kept him on the free-agent market.

Simpson, 26, arrived at Vikings headquarters on Saturday to meet with team officials and undergo a physical. He was scheduled to stay in town overnight and depart on Sunday unless a deal is reached.

The Vikings, who begin their offseason program on Monday, no doubt are intrigued by Simpson's combination of size (6-foot-2, 190 pounds) and speed (ran the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds at the 2008 NFL scouting combine). He set career highs with 50 catches for 725 yards and four touchdowns in 16 games (14 starts) last season with Cincinnati.

But Simpson pled guilty on March 1 to a felony charge resulting from about 2 pounds of marijuana being shipped to his northern Kentucky home in September. He was sentenced to 15 days in jail and three years' probation and also could face a suspension under the NFL's substance abuse and/or personal conduct policies.

The Vikings spent much of last season dealing with fallout from another felony case, which ended with Chris Cook's March 15 acquittal on domestic assault charges. So, it's no surprise they're going to extra lengths to vet Simpson before deciding whether to make an offer.

Receiver is one of the Vikings' more prominent needs entering the NFL Draft, which begins on Thursday night. Their only veteran signing this offseason at the position was Bryan Walters, who has spent most of the past two years bouncing on and off San Diego's practice squad.

A second-round draft pick (46th overall) out of Coastal Carolina in 2008, Simpson's NFL career was a resounding disappointment
Link

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
No decision yet on Jerome Simpson, who continues to meet with Vikings

Link
If it's a low risk contract, I'd love Simpson. He has plenty of baggage, but a lot of talent. He could be a good number 2, and would knock down our need of a WR. Still should take one in the draft, but not necessarily on day one or two.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of baggage, but we don't seem to be scared by baggage much. Make it a low risk contract and we might have ourselves an average #2. I'd say jump on him if we can get him cheap.

Maybe adding him will help out with Harvin's migraines too... hehe

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote