Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere that the jets do plan on bringing in a kicker to compete with Folk. I hope they draft Carson Wiggs from Purdue. I personally think he's much better than Folk.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

A kicker and punter are much needed. Folk is way too inconsistent im nervous even when hes kicking from 30 or lower.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Releases Complete 2012 Draft Selection Order

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...election-order

1 16 New York Jets
2 47 New York Jets
3 77 New York Jets
5 154 New York Jets
6 187 New York Jets from Philadelphia through Indianapolis
6 202 New York Jets (Compensatory Selection)
6 203 New York Jets (Compensatory Selection)
7 232 New York Jets from Denver
7 242 New York Jets (Compensatory Selection)
7 244 New York Jets (Compensatory Selection)

Butt load of late round picks! Late round depth? Or leverage to move up in the draft?

Last edited by Old School : 03-29-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over the last week or so, the story all over ESPN and other places has been Tebow. I have been unable to avoid it, but in hearing all this repetitive nonsense, I have grown more positive on the trade for one big reason. All the former coaches, players, and analysts on espn are all speculating how/how much the Jets will use Tebow and are all coming up with some different ways that he may be used. No one seems to have any idea how the Jets will employ him, maybe even the Jets. However, that uncertainty is definitely an advantage for the Jets. If they don't just use him in a stupid way where he just runs it every time then it will suck, but if Sparano is inventive and changes this up each week and has a series of different plays (some of which involve throwing maybe even catching the ball) I think opposing defensive coordinators are going to have some issues.

Forget all the stupid news crap and all the turmoil. From a tactical standpoint, Tebow could be a huge weapon if used properly.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They shouldve just used a compensatory pick on a dual threat qb like darron thomas or chandler harnish or something. A wildcat qb is a tough sell for a 4th round pick. His value is more about selling seats/merchandise, which last I checked the Jets arent having trouble doing.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
They shouldve just used a compensatory pick on a dual threat qb like darron thomas or chandler harnish or something. A wildcat qb is a tough sell for a 4th round pick. His value is more about selling seats/merchandise, which last I checked the Jets arent having trouble doing.
As you started to mention, there reasons why Tebow is here other then football. They still want to sell PSL's which the Tebowcircus should help do. Woody loves getting the Jets attention and wants the newspaper headlines, which Tebow is providing.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
As you started to mention, there reasons why Tebow is here other then football. They still want to sell PSL's which the Tebowcircus should help do. Woody loves getting the Jets attention and wants the newspaper headlines, which Tebow is providing.
Unfortunately it seems like more of a business move than a football move. Most fans could care less about the headlines, and just want a winning product put on the field. Successful teams usually don't grab headlines, thought we were moving towards building the right way earlier in the offseason but that went out the window with the trade.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets may be on "Hard Knocks" again? I have not watched the first one since I dont have HBO so it is hard to give an opinion about it but Jets being on Hard Knocks for media purpose is kind of pathetic or desperate.

Can't win Super Bowl? It is all right since we are on "Hard Knocks" TWO times. pffttt..
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand what theyre thinking right now.

With that being said, I will absolutely watch it
Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Yeah I enjoyed the last time the Jets were on Hard Knocks. It gives us a behind the scenes look at camp and the preseason. And sure, the jets want the attention. You know HBO wants them. The circus will bring them ratings.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Circus' dont win super bowls unfortunately. Looking forward to 2017.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Circus' dont win super bowls unfortunately. Looking forward to 2017.

If I must have at least brilliant side of it then it makes me eat healthy food and exercise some cardiac stuffs in order to stay alive and witness Jets' Super Bowl victory.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._jets/10521023

I dont know how credibility is this site but it is a rumor.

If it is true then Tanny ought to feel idiotic. lol. Sanchez for Ponder and 2nd round pick or 1st round pick straight up?

Jets should trade Sanchez to Titans for Locker because it may trigger Jets to trade Tebow away. lol.

Media is getting ridiculous nowadays.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure after the extension Sanchez is pretty much untradeable right now anyway, so I wouldn't buy into those rumors. Who knows, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Speaking of rumors, there's been some talk that the Jets don't like Upshaw and more talk that they love Ingram and would consider moving up for him. As far as Upshaw goes I'd be fine with that, his significant athletic limitations worry me. With Ingram it kind of depends how high they'd move up, but something like trading up to 12 and exchanging our second for Seattle's third would be okay. Still would have two day 2 picks. Like every other year I'd probably rather move down than move up, but like every other year it probably won't happen.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Separate question. Assume the Jets don't like Courtney Upshaw. The board falls:

1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Richardson
5. Claiborne
6. Blackmon
7. Floyd
8. Tannehill
9. Coples
10. Glenn
11. DeCastro
12. Kuechly
13. Ingram
14. Barron
15. Cox

And there are no reasonable trade offers. Who do you take at 16?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

That would be a nightmare, Derza. I have no idea who we would take there but I'm sure we would have to reach for somebody. Maybe either Perry or Mercilus. I'm a fan of neither, especially at 16.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
That would be a nightmare, Derza. I have no idea who we would take there but I'm sure we would have to reach for somebody. Maybe either Perry or Mercilus. I'm a fan of neither, especially at 16.
Yeah I agree it'd be a nightmare, which is why I posted it. Far from a lock, but I could see all of those picks happening too. Not like it's extremely unrealistic, and it hasn't really been discussed but it's kind of the Jets' worst case scenario. That is assuming they don't like Upshaw of course and for a lot of fans he'd be an obvious pick, but I don't think they do like him which is why I brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Dontari Poe.
That was one of my thoughts as well. Poe, their favorite of the OLB's (Perry, Mercilus, Branch), or the WR's (Hill, Randle, Jeffery). Poe might be my favorite though.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Nick Perry or Stephen Hill. I may go with Hill since Hill draws some interests from few teams at the bottom of 1st round order and Rams. Try it out to see if we can get a trade for Hill, otherwise Hill fits nicely.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

How is that a nightmare? Reiff, Martin, Kirkpatrick, Poe, Gilmore, would be good bpa picks there or reach a bit for Andre Branch or Stephen Hill.

PS- where are you getting glenn going 10 instead of Reiff? Reiff seems like a no brainer to buffalo, glenn doesnt seem like hed be a good LT in the nfl which is what the bills need. I would love if the board fell like that, Reiff to start at RT would be a dream at 16

Last edited by Robcards : 04-14-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How is that a nightmare? Reiff, Martin, Kirkpatrick, Poe, Gilmore, would be good bpa picks there or reach a bit for Andre Branch or Stephen Hill.

PS- where are you getting glenn going 10 instead of Reiff? Reiff seems like a no brainer to buffalo, glenn doesnt seem like hed be a good LT in the nfl which is what the bills need. I would love if the board fell like that, Reiff to start at RT would be a dream at 16

It is a nightmare when it comes to "sexy" options. I am not sold on Reiff nor Martin. If Scotty stayed then Reiff could be the good pick to play LG but with Sparano's trap and pull smashmouth offense, Reiff does not fit due to his lack of knowledge and skill at that area. 16th is too pricey to gamble on Reiff as Hawkeyes' history for OL tools proves it despite him being top 15 prospect. I don't care what people say.

Martin is too soft to play powerful smashmouth offense. Said enough.

Granted, it is college life and prospects can be getting better with pro condition/practice but it is frivolous to use 1st round on RT. Also, this draft is deep in G and RT.

I don't mind Gilmore but I don't think Jets go for it. Same for lesser grade in Kirkpatrick.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I wouldn't mind Kirkpatrick if the Jets move him to FS.

Yoto brings up a good point about Martin. I'm not 100% sold on Reiff either.

I really don't want to be in a position where we have to go BPA. We have too many needs.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:

Not necessarily a nightmare, but I think it's worst case. I wouldn't be happy with most of the guys you mentioned as good BPA picks. Reiff I'm not sold on like 'Canes and Yoto, and I definitely agree with Yoto about Martin being too soft to play in the smashmouth offense. Poe I'd be alright with although it's not a need. Gilmore I think is getting overhyped right now and corner's not even close to a need, and like 'Canes said I'd be okay with Kirkpatrick if they moved him to FS but I don't think they want to take a guy in round one and then change his position. I like Branch and Hill, but like you said those are reaches.

As to Glenn going 10 to Buffalo, there have been some rumors and I could see it happening. Not that I was predicting the pick, just giving an example of a scenario and chose Glenn there because I think he's the best fit for the Jets so he's the guy I wouldn't want to be off the board at 16. Plus the Bills have had plenty of big linemen in the past and tend to make surprise picks in the first round anyway.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Youre all insane if you wouldnt be ecstatic for Reiff at 16. Best RT in the draft hands down and its the Jets biggest need and he'd be above and beyond the bpa at 16. Also, saying Reiff would be a bust just because Gallery was is awful logic. Other Iowa OL have done well in the NFL, yanda, bulaga, and steinbach to name a few. I know pass rusher is the likely pick, but really Id be more comfortable with a Maybin/Thomas platoon and Reiff or Martin at RT than have another season of Hunter at RT. Also there's much better OLB options round 2 than there are at RT. Also why in the world would the Jets play Reiff at LG? Hunter is getting replaced before Slauson would, and Reiff is a tackle not a guard.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Kirkpatrick if the Jets move him to FS.

Yoto brings up a good point about Martin. I'm not 100% sold on Reiff either.

I really don't want to be in a position where we have to go BPA. We have too many needs.
Have to go bpa? Thats the best way to draft in the first round. Needs drafting is awful. Luckily (sarcasm) the Jets have enough needs so that a bpa pick will likely fill a need as well. CB and move Cromartie to FS, OL to play RT, OLB, WR, HB, etc etc itd be hard not to fill a need with the first pick.