Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
The only reason I still visit VN is for the recruiting forum, where 1 in 200 posts is actually useful.
When I go to VolNation, I can get caught up on all the news I need just from thread titles LOL. I rarely open them because half the posts are garbage.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Most people on this board like Jimmy Clausen as well. I laughed at Vince Young comment.Only a few people on this board liked JPP. I thought JPP was the 2nd best Dlinemen and Sam Bradford being better than Jimmy so..

yeah I thought it was a good comeback because it made it sound like I actually took VY lol. Just because we had VY doesn't mean I don't know anything about QB. At this time I had a lot of time to actually watch film and study the players, I saw a lot on film I didn't think would translate to the NFL, and a lot of him getting bailed out by his WRs.

As for JPP, I went to Junior College with him so I've always wished the best for him. My biggest argument for JPP was that everything he did translated to the NFL, you could make the argument he didn't post overwhelming stats in college, and that he only played at south florida for one year. However, I watched went through and broke down many of his games and saw that he was playing against spread offenses the majority of the time. That for one will highly cut his sack total, in addition to that, he played against some highly athletic QBs.

I really wish he would have been available for our pick, and am disappointed the Titans didn't move up to ensure they got him. I often wonder who the Titans would have selected if Graham, JPP and Morgan were all available when they selected.

O well, getting back to topic. What are your guys' thoughts on Andre Branch? The more I watch him the more I start really liking what I see. My major concern with him is that generally speaking Clemson DE's have been a major disappointment over the past few years
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel is one of the NFL’s likeliest veterans to be traded this offseason. He is amenable to restructuring his contract in order to expedite a deal, further increasing that likelihood.

Citing a league source, Terry McCormick of Titan Insider reports that the Titans have “at least some interest” in acquiring Samuel. Tennessee lost Cortland Finnegan in free agency. While Alterraun Verner and Jason McCourty are viable young starters, Samuel would give the Titans three outstanding cornerbacks in the increasingly pass-first NFL.

McCormick also reports that the Eagles want a third-round pick for Samuel.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...asante-samuel/
Old 03-28-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kenny Britt has been married for only a month, but the Titans wide receiver is already seeing someone on the side.

And his bride is OK with it.

“I’ve spent more quality time with trainers than with my wife. That’s no lie,” Britt said with a smile on Monday. “She doesn’t like that at all, but she understands, she really does.”

Britt is in his sixth month of rehab after tearing the ACL and MCL in his right knee last season. The fourth-year pro believes the hard part is behind him.

“I guarantee I will be back and better than I’ve ever been before,” he said. “With all the work I have been putting in, I will be 110 percent better than before. This has not been a setback if you ask me. The way I see it, it has been a head start for 2012.”

Britt insisted that he hasn’t had time for the distractions he admitted got him into trouble off the field in the past.

Aside from time off for his wedding in New Jersey and honeymoon in the Bahamas, Britt has worked out under the supervision of Titans medical staffers Casey Carter, Brad Brown and Don Moseley. Britt invited them to the wedding, by the way.

Observers agree that Britt has grown up a lot this offseason, and teammates are keeping their fingers crossed that he can return to his pre-injury form, when he appeared on the verge of a breakout season.

“He has been there every day since he got hurt,” quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said. “And he is not there for a couple of hours, he is there five to six hours a day. His attitude has been great. He brings a lot of life and energy into whatever room he is in. … And he’s been doing and saying all the right things, so I think everyone is encouraged.”

Britt was injured during the Sept. 25 game against the Broncos, had surgery about a week later and was placed on injured reserve. His production in the two-plus games before he went down: 17 catches for 289 yards and three touchdowns.

“The one good thing for Kenny is his injury happened so early in the year,” Hasselbeck said. “I have played with guys who had that injury early in the year and guys that had it late in the year, and the guys that had it early bounce back faster. So, hopefully, he’ll be on track. Obviously, he is a guy everyone is counting on doing some big, big things.”

So where is Britt in his recovery? The Titans don’t make members of their medical staff available to discuss injuries.

Britt feels like he’s ahead of schedule, although he acknowledged it’s tough to compare his progress to others who have suffered the same injury.

“Everyone’s body is different,” he said.

A week ago, Britt ran for the first time without a knee brace and said he felt good. He was initially supposed to wear the brace for several more months, but he said it’s too cumbersome and it slowed him down.

He’s also been planting and cutting with his right leg, which still isn’t quite the same size as his left leg.

Something else that was encouraging to Britt — with trainers watching, he had a 25½-inch vertical leap jumping off only his left foot, and a 25-inch vertical jumping off only the right foot. (Try that at home to get a better perspective on just how impressive that is.)

Britt had a 37-inch vertical leap jumping off both feet at the NFL Combine in 2009, a couple of months before the Titans made him their first-round draft pick.

Offensive coordinator Chris Palmer is counting on Britt returning to form, especially after a season when wideouts Nate Washington, Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins emerged in his absence.

Britt, who has 101 catches, 1,765 yards and 15 touchdowns in 31 games with the Titans, was also limited by hamstring injuries in his first two seasons.

“If I am Kenny Britt, and I sit back and see what the other guys in the room did and see how he got off to such a good start, the season can’t start fast enough for me,” Palmer said. “Kenny is a very, very talented player. We are just hoping he is healthy and can last through the season.”

Earlier this offseason, Britt logged on to YouTube and watched a replay of his knee injury. He said he hasn’t watched it since.

“I can’t tell you right now when I might (be able to practice),” Britt said. “All I can tell you is things are going great. I know there are some things I can’t do and that I am not 100 percent there, but in time I will get there.

“But I will definitely be there for the first game, I’ll say that. I don’t care how hard they have to push me, or how hard I have to push myself, I will be back for that first game. You can count on that.”
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ll?odyssey=tab

We should extend Kenny deal now.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope I'm not the only one aroused by the Kenny article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Hmmmm, not sure. We have a similar player in ATV. But Samuel is better than any 3rd RD CB we could get.

And this shows that the Titans may be more interested in drafting a CB than we figured. I knew we'd be bringing one in anyway, since we have no sure fire NB, but maybe they take one early.

McCourty and Samuel outside with ATV inside would be sexy, though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want Samuel, he gambles too much, 3rd round pick is too high for him.

I assume he'd restructure, but he's have to take a pretty big pay cut for me to consider it. Plus he's 31
Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I hope I'm not the only one aroused by the Kenny article.
You're not!

Is it opening week yet?

Between the Tits and the Vols, I'm pretty excited for this upcoming season and some of the potential we have. Granted, I'll probably be let down like always...but it hurts soooo gooooood.

Goooooooood. Gooooooood.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Amid rumblings and reports that the Titans are interested in Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel, the move could soon be coming to fruition.

Derrick Gunn of CSNPhilly.com reports that Samuel could be traded to the Titans within the next few days.

Per Gunn, the Eagles would receive a conditional third-round pick. Which could mean that the pick would come in the 2013 draft based on Samuel’s performance in 2012, since the only condition that would apply before the 2012 draft would relate to signing Samuel to a new contract.

Samuel has a $10.5 million cap number in 2012. Per NFLPA records, Samuel is due to earn a base salary of $9.9 million.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-titans-soon/
Old 03-28-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cool with it. Now let's go get Osi for a conditional 2013 2nd and then draft up a storm!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Trade for Asante, trade back from #20 to pick up an additional 3rd this year and 3rd next year would be great
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If getting Asante means no Ryan Mouton snaps then it is worth it. Lets keep that little bastard as far from the starting line-up as we can get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I really wanted to see if Tommie Campbell could play or not
Old 03-29-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Mouton is the devil. And TH and I knew it the second we passed on D.J. Moore for him.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Terry McCormick says he expects us to draft Kirkpatrick or gilmore if they're there
Old 03-31-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

God I hope not.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd be ok with Kirkpatrick, he's a top 10 player as a prospect, the marijuana bust really dropped him. Plus if Campbell or another CB develops Kirkpatrick can replace Griffin at FS in the future. I don't see any value in any of the other CB's at that postion. I really don't think he knows what he's talking about though, the Titans have a very good history of turning middle to late round corners into players. The last two early ones I remember are Pacman Jones and Andre Woolfolk, both bust.

If you look at the Titans since 96 here's a breakdown on their draft in early rounds.

1st round
QB: 2
RB: 2
WR: 2
TE: 0
OL: 0
DE: 3 *Also traded a 1st for Kevin Carter
DT: 1
LB: 1
CB: 2
S: 1

2nd round
QB: 0
RB: 2
WR: 2
TE: 1
OT: 2
OG: 0
C: 0
DE: 3
DT: 3
LB: 1
CB: 2
S: 1

3rd round
RB: 1
WR: 4
TE: 4
OT: 1
OG: 1
C: 0
DE: 1
DT: 2
LB: 3
CB: 4
S: 0

4th round
RB: 1
WR: 5
TE: 0
OT: 2
OG: 2
C:0
DE: 4
DT: 2
LB: 6
CB: 5
S: 4

As you can see, the Titans don't generally take offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds. In the first round this year, I think you can really limit it to DE, DT, CB or S. The Titans value defensive lineman, and I expect us to go their round one

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 04-09-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Not a Dre Kirkpatrick fan. And that's not just my liquor talking. I want d-line, interior o-line, or Zach Brown for WLB. Anything else, I'm throwing Maltov cocktails at BSP.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think CB is a wildcard, if DL and OL aren't there. We have two young starters and run a zone heavy scheme, so it'd purely be a value pick.

Kirkpatrick is a zone CB to me (I think in a man-heavy scheme, we'd see another Mike Jenkins), but wit his great physicality, he fits the "Titans CB" mold we had under Schwartz/Cecil. We'll see if that's what Gray and the new DB coach want as well.

Gilmore has the better chance of developing into a true #1 CB while also being able to play man and zone, but it'll depend on if it's the 2010 Gilmore or 2011 version. If Gray wants to run more man-coverage, having McCourty and Gilmore would allow that.

Still, you'd think we'd be able to afford waiting and getting a guy like Alfonzo Dennard, Chase Minnifield, or Trumaine Johnson in the 2nd-3rd RD's.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-01-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We re-signed Tim Shaw. Championship!

:)
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

WE KNEW YOU'D BE BACK, TIM! THEY ALWAYS COME BACK! q

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Not a Dre Kirkpatrick fan. And that's not just my liquor talking. I want d-line, interior o-line, or Zach Brown for WLB. Anything else, I'm throwing Maltov cocktails at BSP.
I'd prefer D-Line first, but then I'd take CB or S. O line isn't need in the first unless it's Decastro.

I'm surprised so many people are high on Brown, in my opninion, he's too soft and LaVonte David is the better player
Old 04-02-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think CB is a wildcard, if DL and OL aren't there. We have two young starters and run a zone heavy scheme, so it'd purely be a value pick.

Kirkpatrick is a zone CB to me (I think in a man-heavy scheme, we'd see another Mike Jenkins), but wit his great physicality, he fits the "Titans CB" mold we had under Schwartz/Cecil. We'll see if that's what Gray and the new DB coach want as well.

Gilmore has the better chance of developing into a true #1 CB while also being able to play man and zone, but it'll depend on if it's the 2010 Gilmore or 2011 version. If Gray wants to run more man-coverage, having McCourty and Gilmore would allow that.

Still, you'd think we'd be able to afford waiting and getting a guy like Alfonzo Dennard, Chase Minnifield, or Trumaine Johnson in the 2nd-3rd RD's.
I agree, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th rounds appear to be stacked at CB this year. My personal favorite middle round one is Coryell Judie, I really think he could be one of the best from this class
Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Titans have expressed interest in C Dan Koppen
Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Titans signed DL Leger Douzable to a one-year contract.
Undrafted out of the University of Central Florida in 2008, Douzable's ideal size (6'4/305) has gotten him looks from the Vikings, Giants, Rams, Lions, and Jagaurs. According to Pro Football Focus, Douzable was a highly effective run-stopper while picking up significant snaps down the stretch last year.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5075/leger-douzable
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

decent signing, but we need to get bigger at DT, unless he's gonna play DE