Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-03-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
KennyPowers
Rookie

KennyPowers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fun fact...Chandler is the brother of UFC champion Jon "Bones" Jones
KennyPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Chandler getting into the 1st, way to many other talent pass rushers with better tape that will go ahead of him. 2/3 Round value is where I see him, he has the upside of a impact player, but also has the bust potential.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While Aldon Smith was certainly more impressive on tape, I was just trying to point out the similarities between an elite pass rusher and Chandler Jones, who played very well last season before getting hurt. At the very least he will probably end up being a top-50 pick, but teams who aren't sold on some of the other pass rushers could consider him in the first.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Mayock a joke?

When it comes to mocking more than DBs, pretty much.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Andre Branch is quietly awesome. For a Clemson player he's boy tough and interesting...Undernrated as a DE/OLB convert.
He was never doubled at Clemson. I don't understand if college coaches didn't respect you, then why should pro ones?

Brandon Thompson was doubled every play, practically.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Here's a comparison between Chandler Jones and Aldon Smith based on their Combine statistics:

Jones / Smith

Height: 6045 / 6042
Weight: 266 / 263
40-yd: 4.87 / 4.74
10-yd: 1.63 / 1.66
Bench: 22 / 20
Vertical: 35" / 34"
Broad: 10' / 9'10"
Shuttle: 4.38 / 4.50
Cone: 7.07 / 7.19

Very interesting stuff. Jones should be in high demand this year as long as his leg checks out.
if were going by measurements vernon gholston is God
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He was never doubled at Clemson. I don't understand if college coaches didn't respect you, then why should pro ones?
Because he's 22 and not as polished as Brandon Thompson? I see traits in Andre Branch that can translate to NFL pass rusher, and that's all that really matters to me.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncorey View Post
if were going by measurements vernon gholston is God
Players with athleticism who bust shouldn't prevent athleticism from being valued. Obviously mental tools play a big role as well but there is a minimum level of athletic ability required to play in the NFL and having superior physical tools facilitates success.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now and again Jones plays nice and low and gets under his man - but too much he plays high, which is a big concern. I can't say I'm in love with any of the pass rushers this year and the only thing that will give him a 1st round spot is forced need.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gets real high on the lineman relying on his upper body strength more than he should.
Great burst off the line but attacks too high.
He doesnt have a variety of pass rush moves.
His best rip and swims come on shedding blocks on running plays.
I do like his instincts though.
If he can get coached into polishing a bit more of his arsenal and using more leverage, he can be a good player.
Hes raw for sure.
He doesnt generate a double team either.

I think hes a mid 3rd rounder and projects better as a 4-3DE.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 04-04-2012 at 03:13 AM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I have Syracuse DE/OLB Chandler Jones (SD), Boise St. OLB Shea McClellin (NE), and Cincy DL Derek Wolfe (NE) all going in the first round."

-Mel Kiper

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Jones to bulk up and play 5 technique in the NFL. He is strong and plays whistle to whistle but appears stiff at times and does not have the burst of a great pass rusher. 4-3 LDE is an option as well, but I expect a 3-4 will grab him before the 4-3 teams start to look his way.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadsworth View Post
I expect Jones to bulk up and play 5 technique in the NFL. He is strong and plays whistle to whistle but appears stiff at times and does not have the burst of a great pass rusher. 4-3 LDE is an option as well, but I expect a 3-4 will grab him before the 4-3 teams start to look his way.
IF he goes to a 3-4 team he's playing OLB not 5 tech. 5 tech would be a waste of his talents.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
IF he goes to a 3-4 team he's playing OLB not 5 tech. 5 tech would be a waste of his talents.
While I think he could play 3-4 OLB I do not think he will ever be more than good while he could be an exceptional 3-4 DE. Jones does not play with the quickness or agility that his combine numbers suggest. But he is a tough, whistle to whistle player that has the frame to add some more weight. In the right situation I could see him becoming one of the best 5 tech guys in the game.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a 4-3 LE. 2nd-3rd round. I'd be shocked if he ends up as a 3-4 OLB.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plays too high. Natural length and power though. Upside. Don't like him as a 34 guy, pure 43 DE. Concerns over whether what he did to be successful in college will transfer. Still need to watch more. Can't buy him as a first rounder, even on potential.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler Jones was mocked at 18 to SD in Kiper's last draft.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SD needs guys to get to the QB. I'm a big fan of Jones. I think for a 3/4 team he can be lights out against the run and be a 8 a year sack guy.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Chandler Jones was mocked at 18 to SD in Kiper's last draft.
Don't like it. The only 34 I like him at is something like BAL where he can be opposite of Suggs.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure he is worth a first round pick. Should be a 3rd rounder at highest. Didn't have superior production in college (I do realize he missed a few games this season) and his combine performance was nothing special.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of Ray Edwards coming out. Great length and size. Athletic enough to be considered a LOLB, but doesn't really look like a true difference maker. And not quite as smooth an athlete as Edwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 04-11-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Claiborne2Bucs

I go to Syracuse. Jones is a solid player, but I think he lacks the quickness to be too successful in the NFL. I think he'll be a solid pass rusher but that's about it.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler Jones is quietly becoming one of the more overrated players in the draft
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Chandler Jones is quietly becoming one of the more overrated players in the draft
Probably in no small part because of the success of his brothers.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Probably in no small part because of the success of his brothers.
Watching him on film he's too stiff to play OLB. I like him for the Titans at #52 if he's there and other players are gone, but this guy isn't a 1st round selection on film.

He's not an OLB either, he should be playing around 270-280 as a 4-3LE or 280-290 in a 3-4
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote