Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chasing him would have accomplished nothing. At best, you get her possessions back, at worst you get shot/stabbed/beaten up.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn on this. By doing nothing the terrorists win and that is what muggers and thieves are no more no less they use fear to get what they want. But, my more logical side tells me it ain't worth getting hurt for and tbh I wouldn't have helped unless I was very significantly bigger stronger and faster than he was.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I'm torn on this. By doing nothing the terrorists win and that is what muggers and thieves are no more no less they use fear to get what they want.
Is that really your definition of a terrorist? One who uses fear as a tool to get what they want?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Is that really your definition of a terrorist? One who uses fear as a tool to get what they want?
More or less.

terrorist n. - a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

terrorism n. - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

doesn't have to be with bombs.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broth be trollin'

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
More or less.

terrorist n. - a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

terrorism n. - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

doesn't have to be with bombs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Broth be trollin'

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Chasing him would have accomplished nothing. At best, you get her possessions back, at worst you get shot/stabbed/beaten up.
But what about "manning up" and all that jazz?

Hmm, you know what, I think you are right.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one kick to the head and you are potentially braindead. chasing is escalation. if you caught him, then you had better have been able to take him down or kill him if it came to it. frankly, killing him over stolen stuff isn't worth it either. he should go to jail and be taught why he was wrong. that will happen when he's dumb enough to use one of her credit cards or pawn something off.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What could you do to him? Would you be able to physically restrain him while you wait for the authorities to arrive? Or would all of the superheroes in this thread just assume that when you chase a guy he gets scared, drops all that he has stolen, apologizes, and runs away? Knock him out? Then you go to jail too.

An acquaintance of mine in college interrupted a guy trying to break into a house. He chased him about a block before the burglar got tired of running and turned around and shot him dead in the middle of the street.

I'm certain the deceased's parents are glad he was a "hero."
Old 04-04-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard for me to say without being there. Unless I thought the guy was armed, I'd probably do something. Stop him and take him to the ground before he could do anything else. I wouldn't chase him down, but if there was a guy running right past me, and I didn't see a weapon in his hands, I'd take him down. I wouldn't say you are wrong for not doing anything, at the very least I would've called the police and given as good of a description of the guy as I could.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
What could you do to him? Would you be able to physically restrain him while you wait for the authorities to arrive? Or would all of the superheroes in this thread just assume that when you chase a guy he gets scared, drops all that he has stolen, apologizes, and runs away? Knock him out? Then you go to jail too.

An acquaintance of mine in college interrupted a guy trying to break into a house. He chased him about a block before the burglar got tired of running and turned around and shot him dead in the middle of the street.

I'm certain the deceased's parents are glad he was a "hero."
Yes, I suppose you are right. I couldn't see what he had under his coat. And although he probably wasn't armed due to the kind of people I've seen live around this area, I guess it isn't worth it. If I was chasing him I guess I would do my best to just push him to the ground from the back with a giant shove. Too bad I didn't have an attack dog with me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In your situation, call the cops and that's it. Material possessions being stolen isn't worth risking your life. If someone was being harmed, especially someone unable to sufficiently defend his or herself, then yeah, I think you have to do something more in that situation.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
In your situation, call the cops and that's it. Material possessions being stolen isn't worth risking your life. If someone was being harmed, especially someone unable to sufficiently defend his or herself, then yeah, I think you have to do something more in that situation.
This is how I feel, I mean, if I didn't see whoever it was as a threat enough to harm me, I'd be all over them. If I was unsure, I'm letting the people whose job it is to do that. Once it escalates to violence, I'm doing something. Unless someone has a loaded gun pointed at me, I'm doing what I can to help right away.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What he said. You catch up to him then what? Ask him for the purse back? Are you going to fight him? What if he has a gun, knife or something to bash your head in with? Or you round a corner and there he is with two or three of his buddies waiting for him?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
What he said. You catch up to him then what? Ask him for the purse back? Are you going to fight him? What if he has a gun, knife or something to bash your head in with? Or you round a corner and there he is with two or three of his buddies waiting for him?
If its a guy stealing something like a purse, at least one of his hands is already preoccupied, so if you have a window of opportunity to take the guy down before he'd reach where you can't see, I could see myself doing it.