Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
**** yes, Browne to USC!! That made my day!
Likewise. You check out Michael Hutchings tweets during the ceremony?
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Heuerman is a total OSU silent. He's just enjoying the recruiting process for a little longer I think before he ends his recruitment.
You're that confident that Miami or ND won't snatch him?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Likewise. You check out Michael Hutchings tweets during the ceremony?
Yeah, I would love to land him as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, I would love to land him as well.
Btw, let me know what's good with that PM I sent you.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Baffles me that USC got the number 2 and 3 QB recruits in 2011 and now will get Browne who is the best over all QB in 2013. I still don't get why Kessler and Wittek both decided to commit to USC when they could of played elsewhere earlier instead of sitting behind Barkley. If USC got one or the other of those two they would of been fine. It just seems kind of off.

I guess I am more baffled at the decisions of the kids who are highly touted QBs going to college to ride the pine. USC is doing its job hauling in great recruits.

**This ran applies more to Wittek and Kessler.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're that confident that Miami or ND won't snatch him?
it would be a shocker. I will say that notre dame has a better shot than miami. after he attends our spring game he will go public with his verbal.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
If Baffles me that USC got the number 2 and 3 QB recruits in 2011 and now will get Browne who is the best over all QB in 2013. I still don't get why Kessler and Wittek both decided to commit to USC when they could of played elsewhere earlier instead of sitting behind Barkley. If USC got one or the other of those two they would of been fine. It just seems kind of off.

I guess I am more baffled at the decisions of the kids who are highly touted QBs going to college to ride the pine. USC is doing its job hauling in great recruits.

**This ran applies more to Wittek and Kessler.
Competition, nothing is handed to you. Why did Barkley go to USC when it looked like Aaron Corp or Mitch Mustain would start for a year or two? USC has 3 1st round (Barkley will make it 4) QB's in the last 10 years or so. John David Booty was the only starter that did not get drafted in the 1st, but still got drafted nonetheless, and Matt Cassel was drafted despite never starting at all.

USC isn't the only place that'll put you into the league...but they do it better than most.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Competition, nothing is handed to you. Why did Barkley go to USC when it looked like Aaron Corp or Mitch Mustain would start for a year or two? USC has 3 1st round (Barkley will make it 4) QB's in the last 10 years or so. John David Booty was the only starter that did not get drafted in the 1st, but still got drafted nonetheless, and Matt Cassel was drafted despite never starting at all.

USC isn't the only place that'll put you into the league...but they do it better than most.
True, USC has done a great job producing pro QBs this past decade. I think that benefits the school more than the individual in the grand scheme of things, especially at that position. I think if you are that highly rated as a QB you would want the place where you could have the best chance of starting and not using up all your eligibility being the number 2 QB though. I suppose the one that loses the competition will end up transferring.

Again, just more of a thought on the mindset of the Kessler and Wittek. I have no qualms with it and USC has done a great job keeping and getting recruits during their sanctions. I am hoping USC runs **** this year and makes it to the NC game.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Greg Webb has officially committed to Penn State. Boom.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Keeping Larry Johnson on the staff has been one of the best moves Coach O'Brien has made. He's one of the best d-line coaches in the country and recruits know it

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was a little surprised when we brought in both Kessler and Wittek. Wittek committed first that year and Kessler came after. I was actually hoping that Wittek would decommit when we got Kess, but oh well. We will see which one transfers come next season. Hopefully the Sills kid lives up to all the hype he has gotten for the last couple years and gives us a long line of good QB play to follow at SC.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** you guys. I can't believe you're doing better now after all that ****. Weak.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
True, USC has done a great job producing pro QBs this past decade. I think that benefits the school more than the individual in the grand scheme of things, especially at that position. I think if you are that highly rated as a QB you would want the place where you could have the best chance of starting and not using up all your eligibility being the number 2 QB though. I suppose the one that loses the competition will end up transferring.

Again, just more of a thought on the mindset of the Kessler and Wittek. I have no qualms with it and USC has done a great job keeping and getting recruits during their sanctions. I am hoping USC runs **** this year and makes it to the NC game.
They can always go to a place that'll give them immediate PT, but who says that place will get them to where they wanna be in the future? For all we know, the winner of the QB battle could leave after his first year of starting to be a 1st round pick (Wittek has a better chance at that), giving the other QB a year to start.

They both had the dream to become USC QB's and be 1st round draft-picks, and they aren't afraid to "compete". Been USC's mantra since Pete Carroll revived the program...compete.

Quote:
I am hoping USC runs **** this year and makes it to the NC game.
Thanks, me too.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
They can always go to a place that'll give them immediate PT, but who says that place will get them to where they wanna be in the future? For all we know, the winner of the QB battle could leave after his first year of starting to be a 1st round pick (Wittek has a better chance at that), giving the other QB a year to start.

They both had the dream to become USC QB's and be 1st round draft-picks, and they aren't afraid to "compete". Been USC's mantra since Pete Carroll revived the program...compete.

Thanks, me too.
I personally think Kess is better than Max, though. Wittek has the better measurables and looks the part, but hes not as good as Kessler.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
4* TE Standish Dobard commits to Miami
dam thats a nice commit to get. was lookin hard at auburn as well.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I personally think Kess is better than Max, though. Wittek has the better measurables and looks the part, but hes not as good as Kessler.
That's why he has a better chance at being a 1st round pick. Kessler is a gamer, but short QB's without bazooka arms usually aren't selected until round three. If Bark went down right now, I'd want Kess as the starter though. I'm personally pulling for Jesse to make a comeback this summer and become the back-up.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
**** you guys. I can't believe you're doing better now after all that ****. Weak.
It helps that all of our coaches recruit unlike the last staff.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It helps that all of our coaches recruit unlike the last staff.
I understand that but this is a bad time for you to be Penn State again with our staff leaving.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Seems like Robert Foster is getting tired of OSU fans harassing him and future stud Jordan Whitehead.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, a kid is gonna pick a school based on which fans bug him the least on the internet
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
yeah, a kid is gonna pick a school based on which fans bug him the least on the internet
Never said it would sway his decision. It doesn't help, though.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

California DE Joe Mathis (Rivals #93 overall) named Michigan his leader after a recent unofficial visit. Liked the first day so much he stayed for a second after originally not planning to. Plans on coming for another visit (official) sometime soon.

Also helps he's cousins with Su'a Cravens, who is a top 10 national player with strong interest in Michigan. They've talked about wanting to play together in college. Would love to see both in maize and blue.

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
olsparky
Rookie

olsparky hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
no, he'll pick it on the hc tho and on visits.....foster didn't have a good tOSU visit..
olsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsparky View Post
no, he'll pick it on the hc tho and on visits.....foster didn't have a good tOSU visit..
????says who? I heard he had a great time at OSU. Problem is he hit it off with Malike Zaire - the instate QB who committed to Notre Dame before Ohio State would give him a commitable offer.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.