Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-05-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
As long as we don't lose to the Jags or Jets I don't care. Jags because they suck so much and Jets so we don't hear **** from ignorant Jet fans who think a pre-season win means something.
Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Victor Cruz says 'holdout' from Giants not in his vocabulary
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...dout_from.html
I love this guy, he is a good kid and well mannered.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need some way to free up space in FA. A couple FA's we should look at:

DT Amobi Okoye only 24
RB Larod Stephens-Howling
RB Justin Forsett
WR Braylon Edwards
OL Chris Kemoeatu
DT Aubrayo Franklin
DE Dave Tollefson
MLB Barrett Ruud (I know he's gotten a bad rep but he played tampa 2 and is decent in coverage)
LB Quentin Groves (rushbacker)
LB Chase Blackburn
LB Jonathan Goff
CB Marcus Trufant (what happened to this guy?)
S Deon Grant

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
We need some way to free up space in FA. A couple FA's we should look at:

DT Amobi Okoye only 24sucks
RB Larod Stephens-Howlinggood but not worth the money it would take
RB Justin Forsettsee Larod
WR Braylon Edwardscan't catch but would be interesting
OL Chris Kemoeatumeh
DT Aubrayo Franklinold and washed up
DE Dave Tollefsonwould love to bring him back
MLB Barrett Ruud (I know he's gotten a bad rep but he played tampa 2 and is decent in coverage)sucks vs the run
LB Quentin Groves (rushbacker)meh
LB Chase Blackburnwould love to bring him back
LB Jonathan Goffwouldn't mind bringing him back
CB Marcus Trufant (what happened to this guy?)washed up
S Deon Grantwould love to bring him back
I basically want our own guys back and that's it. Maybe Braylon, but I rather draft somebody.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take a shot on Okoye with all the help he has around him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Stephens-Howling and Forsett would be great with our passing game i feel

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-06-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wosi officially gone now. :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To the Raiders of all places. We have had a lot of players end up there. And in one year they are done and gone.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like tonight is turning into sad drinkign night now :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is that?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Why is that?
Because Tolly was his favorite player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-07-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Because Tolly was his favorite player.
Really? Him out of all people? That's the first person that I heard to have Tolly as his favorite player. That's why I am not really emotionally attached to anyone. I don't really have a favorite player.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i loved tolly :(

i love blackburn even more! i might be a mess come the start of the season if we don't bring him back
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Chase is my favorite player too.

Webster as my dark horse. I love DBs.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I had one growing up, but now don't really have one. I try to keep no emotional attachments which I feels gives me a better perspective on the game because I am not letting emotion dictate how I feel. Anyone and everyone can be replaced is the mentality I keep so this way I am not having 5 favorites and sad when they leave.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tollefson is the once you broke DeMarco Murray's ankle! You bastard Giants.. they all play their part!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Booooo! I say Boooooooooo!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I like Tolly, was a great special teamer and a try hard guy who I probably underrated on defense. Great character guy, great for the locker room, just a good guy to have on your team.

But at the same time, this probably means more snaps for Kiwi at DE, so I'm not too sad about it.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

We will be fine, let's see what PS guy or undrafted FA makes the team. Kiwi will take snaps, and maybe Justin Tratou or whatever can help out. He is a DE and on the team right? Let's see what the next guys can do.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We can draft someone. I wouldn't mind Mercilus in the first round. Or Vinny Curry in the 2nd.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

If Mercilus is BPA and can strike a balance with filling a need too, then fine. But if other players are better on the board then my stance is saying quickly no thank you!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
If Mercilus is BPA and can strike a balance with filling a need too, then fine. But if other players are better on the board then my stance is saying quickly no thank you!
I agree. I'm a BPA guy.

I'm hoping Stephen Hill is there at 32.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I agree. I'm a BPA guy.

I'm hoping Stephen Hill is there at 32.
You know I like my offensive toys, but same applies. If he is BPA, then fine by me. I believe we need another weapon with the loss of Mario. But the lack of production due to system bothers me. Can he get this system? It's not like he was in a big time passing system, and has to learn this. I don't want another Barden in terms of waiting for to see progress in the development dept.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He'll be BPA. He's not Barden. Barden is slow off the line, lazy, and soft. This guy has none of those traits.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He'll be BPA. He's not Barden. Barden is slow off the line, lazy, and soft. This guy has none of those traits.
We don't know that. We haven't talked to the guy, his coaches, or break down the wide and tight shot. That's just fan talk. Doesn't mean you are not right. You may very well be accurate, how ever that's just fan talk.

Falls in the same line as the QB isn't making the right read or many other cliches. But, if the coaches sign off on him even with less experience in a passing system, then that's good, but developing him is the key.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
We don't know that. We haven't talked to the guy, his coaches, or break down the wide and tight shot. That's just fan talk. Doesn't mean you are not right. You may very well be accurate, how ever that's just fan talk.

Falls in the same line as the QB isn't making the right read or many other cliches. But, if the coaches sign off on him even with less experience in a passing system, then that's good, but developing him is the key.
I know it's fan talk. It's basically me saying I feel confident enough that if he's taken at 32 (if he's there) that the scouts and coaching staff feel the same way about him as I do.

If we can't have fan talk here, then there's no point of even having this forum. Bc none of us know anything about what goes on in the building. We can only speculate.