Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Whats the score?
1-0 Chelsea
Old 04-07-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
1-0 Chelsea
****! Well the Tottenham result was a decent one for us.

If Arsenal draw we're still only 3 points off 3rd.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol GOW I hope you were watching the Bayern-Augsburg game. The interview with Schweini after the game was great. Interviewer tries to ask him whether he thinks Dortmund will be less concerned with Bayern after a 2-1 win over Augsburg than they would've been after the 5-0 over Cologne last week. Schweini took a minute or two trying to figure if he was serious before walking away laughing.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WIGAN!!!! Great goal too!

Seriously, this yearly escape is one of the best things in sports.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Mother ******.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You beat me to it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hell of a volley by Torres though.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fack, that would've been an awesome point for Wigan. They have a hellish 10 days to get through.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the assistant referee was terrible. gave the 3 points to chelsea.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Roberto Martinez was pissed after the game!

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I love Martinez. I also love how British people completely butcher the pronunciation of his name.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i'm the luverne goalie i'm ecstatic the ball didn't hit my face.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post

if i'm the luverne goalie i'm ecstatic the ball didn't hit my face.
Shaquiri is good. I feel like he could bust though, don't know why.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Man U goal and QPR red card was even worse than Ivanovic.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I'm trying to pick an EPL team, and I am down to Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, and Arsenal.

That Shakespearean name is tempting, but I need someone here to sell me a team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So, I'm trying to pick an EPL team, and I am down to Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, and Arsenal.

That Shakespearean name is tempting, but I need someone here to sell me a team.
Gotta go Newcastle. Seriously. I am a fan. They do the most with the least money of any of the good teams in the EPL. They have the best fans in the EPL; they were 3rd in attendance in England despite playing in the 2nd division. The other 3 are also far more bandwagony, especially Arsenal and Spurs.

Also, they are playing some great stuff this year, real fun to watch and real likable players. I highly doubt you will find anyone in this thread to come out and have too much bad to say about this current Newcastle team.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well as a Liverpool fan, I would obviously push you towards us. We're in a lull right now, but the team has a rich history, passionate fan base and ambitious owners.

Really though the best way to pick is to watch the team and see whose style of play you identify with. The 4 you have all play a good passing game, Tottenham play with a lot of pace, Newcastle have a couple of great strikers and are easy on the eye and Arsenal play the most intricate passing football.

Liverpool are still trying to settle into a style of play at the moment so it is hard to describe.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gotta go Newcastle. Seriously. I am a fan. They do the most with the least money of any of the good teams in the EPL. They have the best fans in the EPL; they were 3rd in attendance in England despite playing in the 2nd division. The other 3 are also far more bandwagony, especially Arsenal and Spurs.
But it easier to follow those other teams. More TV time on accessible cable channels.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
But it easier to follow those other teams. More TV time on accessible cable channels.
Eh. I have never had a problem with this. Newcastle still probably has about 1/2 of their games on FSC or ESPN and the other 1/2 are easily found via streaming. I don't think Brent wants to hop in with a team that already one of the most popular in the US.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

First of all if any team is picking up bandwagon fans at the moment it is Newcastle as they are at pretty much an all time high and likely not to climb any further.

Secondly I strongly strongly believe that no team has better fans than Liverpool. European nights at Anfield are the things dreams are made of, they make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end as the entire stadium sings You'll Never Walk Alone.

3-0 down at half time in the Champions League final the crowd roar out the anthem, and inspired the players to come back and win the most exciting final ever witnessed. That's not just me saying that, players, management and everyone has spoke of hearing the anthem echo all the way to the changing rooms and not wanting to let them down.

Newcastle have a great fan base as well and are loyal, but they are also impatient and don't travel as well as some other teams fanbases.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Eh. I have never had a problem with this. Newcastle still probably has about 1/2 of their games on FSC or ESPN and the other 1/2 are easily found via streaming. I don't think Brent wants to hop in with a team that already one of the most popular in the US.
Streaming drives me nuts. Especially when you have to switch links and ads keep popping up.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but a team that I don't have to worry about relegation and could actually finish first in Premier League would be ideal. I realize Arsenal is super bandwagony, like post-WS Red Sox level. The Spurs have a nice place in my heart because they are named after a Shakspearean character. Liverpool seems like a team that's always in it and I dig the all-red look. Newcastle's fanbase sounds like a drunken, Oakland Raiders-like one, which is also appealing.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

First of all if any team is picking up bandwagon fans at the moment it is Newcastle as they are at pretty much an all time high and likely not to climb any further.

Secondly I strongly strongly believe that no team has better fans than Liverpool. European nights at Anfield are the things dreams are made of, they make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end as the entire stadium sings You'll Never Walk Alone.

3-0 down at half time in the Champions League final the crowd roar out the anthem, and inspired the players to come back and win the most exciting final ever witnessed. That's not just me saying that, players, management and everyone has spoke of hearing the anthem echo all the way to the changing rooms and not wanting to let them down.

Newcastle have a great fan base as well and are loyal, but they are also impatient and don't travel as well as some other teams fanbases.
There is a debate to be had over best fans, but 3rd in attendance in the Championship is ******* amazing. Do you think Liverpool would get 50,000 for a mid-winter game vs Scunthorpe?

As for traveling, they do travel well, but not the best because they are coming from Newcastle! Going to London 8 times a year is a *****.

Also, with the bandwagon, this is a difference between the US and the UK I figure.....American people still tend to bandwagon on the huge teams since soccer is still in it's infancy here. Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea are still the biggest bandwagon teams.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Streaming drives me nuts. Especially when you have to switch links and ads keep popping up.
http://adblockplus.org/en/ Never see ads on FirstRowSports again.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yeah, but a team that I don't have to worry about relegation and could actually finish first in Premier League would be ideal. I realize Arsenal is super bandwagony, like post-WS Red Sox level. The Spurs have a nice place in my heart because they are named after a Shakspearean character. Liverpool seems like a team that's always in it and I dig the all-red look. Newcastle's fanbase sounds like a drunken, Oakland Raiders-like one, which is also appealing.
You won't have to worry about relegation with Newcastle. I think that's fair to say. Ownerships has completely changed the way the club is run and it may be the best run in England. It pains me to say it because Ashley can be a dick, but Newcastle is being run amazingly.

EDIT: Newcastle fans are def. drunkards. Drinking Newcastle Brown Ales and watching the Toon can't be beat.