Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://adblockplus.org/en/ Never see ads on FirstRowSports again.
It still drives me nuts. I'm spoiled. I need it in HD. Watching soccer in HD is beautiful. I go crazy that Comcast in Baltimore still doesn't have Fox Soccer in HD yet. My gf hates soccer but when she sees it on ESPN she even says she could watch it more if it always looked like that.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
There is a debate to be had over best fans, but 3rd in attendance in the Championship is ******* amazing. Do you think Liverpool would get 50,000 for a mid-winter game vs Scunthorpe?

As for traveling, they do travel well, but not the best because they are coming from Newcastle! Going to London 8 times a year is a *****.

Also, with the bandwagon, this is a difference between the US and the UK I figure.....American people still tend to bandwagon on the huge teams since soccer is still in it's infancy here. Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea are still the biggest bandwagon teams.
No doubt at all we would, the new stadium being suggested under Hicks and Gillett was going to be 65,000 seater. The Kop stand at Anfield now has a 19 year wait for season tickets (I'm on it!), until you support LFC you don't realise how enormous the fan base really is.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
No doubt at all we would, the new stadium being suggested under Hicks and Gillett was going to be 65,000 seater. The Kop stand at Anfield now has a 19 year wait for season tickets (I'm on it!), until you support LFC you don't realise how enormous the fan base really is.
Ironically, this is kind of my point I guess. Newcastle gets comprable fan support despite the fan base being significantly smaller in total.

In all seriousness though Brent, I would go Arsenal of Newcastle.

Outside of Liverpool fans, this current Liverpool squad is pretty much universally loathed and made fun of (even Liverpool fans hate this squad!).

With Spurs, Redknapp will almost assuredly be leaving this offseason and there a rumors that Bale/Modric may be leaving which would really suck.

Arsenal will always be a decent choice. They just play fantastic stuff, are a joy to watch, and are always on TV. Only thing is that they are one of the most popular clubs in the world.

I have already laid out my case for Newcastle.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ironically, this is kind of my point I guess. Newcastle gets comprable fan support despite the fan base being significantly smaller in total.

In all seriousness though Brent, I would go Arsenal of Newcastle.

Outside of Liverpool fans, this current Liverpool squad is pretty much universally loathed and made fun of (even Liverpool fans hate this squad!).

With Spurs, Redknapp will almost assuredly be leaving this offseason and there a rumors that Bale/Modric may be leaving which would really suck.

Arsenal will always be a decent choice. They just play fantastic stuff, are a joy to watch, and are always on TV. Only thing is that they are one of the most popular clubs in the world.

I have already laid out my case for Newcastle.
Eh, I'm in no rush to pick a club, I might just wait until the next season starts.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Eh, I'm in no rush to pick a club, I might just wait until the next season starts.
That's not a bad strategy. You can follow the transfers and all that. I would try and watch the teams as much as possible too though.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well to reply to you Rob, basically Liverpool are about as bad as can be now and can only get better. Newcastle have hit their peak and will slide next season. Buy low sell high Brent ;)

Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well to reply to you Rob, basically Liverpool are about as bad as can be now and can only get better. Newcastle have hit their peak and will slide next season. Buy low sell high Brent ;)
I tend to agree with this actually. Liverpool will certainly get better. If Newcastle make Europe though, Ashley has said he will fund 4-5 big buys so I could see us making a serious run for Champions League.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm rooting for city today. I feel dirty.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent should just become a German fan. The german national team is the best in the world and only way to see all those amazing 20-somethings is to watch the Bundesliga and Real. So obviously Brent should pick a club like Dortmund who are only getting younger and more deadly with kids like Reus coming in this summer...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liverpool fans are not better than Newcastl fans. You were getting like 30,000 when Roy Hodgson was there. I doubt Newcastle stooped that low in our championship season.

I was there for the Sheffield game where before K.O. we were promoted. It was crazy, every fan was stood up screaming their heart out, i should have recorded it. We also sold out the last game of that season.

The Liverpool team is also highly unlikeable, Dalgleish has always been a poor manager, Luis Suarez is a racist, Bellamy is a **** and they have literally no exciting players.

For you Brent, i'd recomend going for Newcastle or Arsenal, they both play nice football, manage their club in a stable way and have good managers.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My best friend is a diehard Arsenal fan, so I watch them a lot, mostly because I love to troll and root against them. They are real fun to watch though with guys like Walcott, RVP, and Wilshire. Not a bad suggestion.

Or you could just root for FC Kobenhavn.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Liverpool fans are not better than Newcastl fans. You were getting like 30,000 when Roy Hodgson was there. I doubt Newcastle stooped that low in our championship season.

I was there for the Sheffield game where before K.O. we were promoted. It was crazy, every fan was stood up screaming their heart out, i should have recorded it. We also sold out the last game of that season.

The Liverpool team is also highly unlikeable, Dalgleish has always been a poor manager, Luis Suarez is a racist, Bellamy is a **** and they have literally no exciting players.

For you Brent, i'd recomend going for Newcastle or Arsenal, they both play nice football, manage their club in a stable way and have good managers.
Wow you can tell you are a kid, Dalglish has always been a poor manager, really?! You do realise he won the league as a manager with Liverpool right? Am just saying...

Bellamy used to be a dick, nowadays he has donated millions of pounds to charity, has been as quiet as a mouse at Liverpool and is an exciting player.

But sure, you keep talking like you know things, it's funnier that way.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I should point out, I actually quite like Newcastle, I am just sick to the back teeth of fans from various clubs constantly attacking my team, call it homerism if you will but it's just getting ridiculous at this point

Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I should point out, I actually quite like Newcastle, I am just sick to the back teeth of fans from various clubs constantly attacking my team, call it homerism if you will but it's just getting ridiculous at this point
Yeah for sure. It gets old, especially when youthful ignorance rears its ugly head. I actually used to like Liverpool quite a bit, just hate almost all of the new guard. I'll always like Stevie G though.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Dalgleish has always been a poor manager. He has no tactical awareness or knowledge on football, the only reason he's still manager of Liverpool is because you won the carling 'cup' which is about as important as the fa youth cup.

ALL of his signings have flopped, he wasted money on overpriced english waste when a smart manager like Alan Pardew realises he can rip off idiots like Dalgleish into paying heavily over priced deals for his players.

EDIT: Yeah i get it, im 16, i must know nothing...

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-08-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Daglish did quite a job with Rovers.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think anyone could of done that job. They bought the league.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-08-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Exactly, and he won the league as a manager with Liverpool as well.

He has done a poor job around this time so far, but he isn't exactly Terry Connor over at Wolves right now.

You also have to realise that Liverpool have Damian Comolli at the club as a directory of football, and that combined with the Moneyball philosophies of the owners have contributed to the current policy of signing young English players.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

It doesnt take a genius manager to realise Carroll for 35 mill and Henderson for 20 mill are absolutely stupid deals. If they did make the deals for him, he's stupid for going along with it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Meh, agreed on that front. Still doesn't make him a bad manager though and it's only the Torres money +5mil really, just not the best on his recent transfers. winning multiple league titles shows that much.

People are soured on Liverpool now anyway so a never going to win any arguments with logic.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

You shouldnt of sacked Benitez IMO. He won you the CL, FA cup and i cant remember which year it was but you came second and that was great for you! Right now, is Dalglish doing much better than Hodgson did when he was fired? And Dalglish had loads more spent on him as well.

I really think he's out of his depth, not me being ignorant or wanting to hate on Liverpool, but just what i think. They've a lot of mistakes in the last year, so they need to rebuild from the start.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

I agree on Rafa, I liked him a lot as well but Hodgson was simply not up for the job. He couldn't handle the expectations and his media appearances showed as much. Just the wrong fit at the wrong time.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not a bad strategy. You can follow the transfers and all that. I would try and watch the teams as much as possible too though.
Quote:
I tend to agree with this actually. Liverpool will certainly get better. If Newcastle make Europe though, Ashley has said he will fund 4-5 big buys so I could see us making a serious run for Champions League.
I'm just going to see how things play out. If Newcastle actually makes an effort to be in the running for top 3 each year, then I'm down. I'd say Tottenham and Newcastle make the most sense for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Brent should just become a German fan. The german national team is the best in the world and only way to see all those amazing 20-somethings is to watch the Bundesliga and Real. So obviously Brent should pick a club like Dortmund who are only getting younger and more deadly with kids like Reus coming in this summer...
While I am the third generation on my father's side to be born in the US, after migrating from Germany, I can't watch those games because I cannot understand what's being said. Also, I don't know **** about Bundesliga.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

City bandwagon was so two years ago. Now it's so expected, that it would be unexpected! And awesome, because you can hang with me and Todd.

(I'd hate the newfound City support, too. I was brought in by people from Manchester when I knew almost nothing about the EPL, but it admittedly was back at the time when they were handing out insane money to Roque)

Gap at the top continues to grow. Knew this would be a tough one, but man they've really had the wind taken out of them lately.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Arsenal beat the **** out of them today. Easily could have been 3 or 4 nil if Arsenal could finish at all.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote