Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Shump. He's a beast on the defensive end. His offensive game needs work, i.e. he really needs to work on his J, but he's a good player. He'll get better with time. Thanks Donnie!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Douglass sucks so hard since his shoulder injury.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I love Asik. But man the Bulls have no scorers at all. That's why I've always felt they're overrated. They do not scare me, and people may think I'm crazy for saying that, but I firmly believe they just don't have enough offense to win in the playoffs. And I stand by that.

They really don't want to see us in the first round. I think every team in the East other than Miami or Boston don't want to see us in the first round.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I love Asik. But man the Bulls have no scorers at all. That's why I've always felt they're overrated. They do not scare me, and people may think I'm crazy for saying that, but I firmly believe they just don't have enough offense to win in the playoffs. And I stand by that.

They really don't want to see us in the first round. I think every team in the East other than Miami or Boston don't want to see us in the first round.
Asik's my favorite bull after Scalabrine.

I disagree, with a healthy Rose, Boozer the way he's played this year and they're all around improved shooting from last year, that team can score well enough for their defense and rebounding to beat any team in the league. Hell for all we know Rip might actually be glued together for the playoffs and make them a damn dangerous offensive team. Rose-Rip-Deng-Boozer-Noah is a team that can score with anybody if they're ever all healthy.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whenever the Bulls bench plays well, it's usually because they played great on defense and manufacture points on offense. What BBD is saying (bias or not) is that they don't have a microwave that can instantly give them 20 points. But they have guys that can get 10-15 points consistently.
Besides, I don't think the Bulls are overrated, but they have the best record for a reason. Everybody is preparing for a Heat-Thunder finals.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 04-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulls have it within 6, pretty fun game to watch being a fan of neither team.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Whenever the Bulls bench plays well, it's usually because they played great on defense and manufacture points on offense. What BBD is saying (bias or not) is that they don't have a microwave that can instantly give them 20 points. But they have guys that can get 10-15 points consistently.
Besides, I don't think the Bulls are overrated, but they have the best record for a reason. Everybody is preparing for a Heat-Thunder finals.
I don't think so, I think BBD's biggest complaint is that late in playoff games the Bulls are D-Rose or bust, but I don't think that's the case this year. If BBD was just talking about their bench then I take back what I said they don't have anyone they can really rely on to give them a bunch of points, but I feel their overall perimeter shooting is much better this year as Brewer's been hugely better, Derrick's been even more selective, they have Rip (sometimes) and Korver's still there. Then you add that Booze and Gibson are solid shooters within their range and even JoaKim can put his little kid shot into the net sometimes. That improved shooting and the improved play of Boozer in the paint makes this a drastically more dangerous team than the one that went into the playoffs last year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Phil Jackson would be the perfect coach for this Knicks team. They have a lot of talent, just no direction.

I could see Phil getting the best out of everyone.

Id also get rid of Baron and JR Smith.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I don't think so, I think BBD's biggest complaint is that late in playoff games the Bulls are D-Rose or bust, but I don't think that's the case this year. If BBD was just talking about their bench then I take back what I said they don't have anyone they can really rely on to give them a bunch of points, but I feel their overall perimeter shooting is much better this year as Brewer's been hugely better, Derrick's been even more selective, they have Rip (sometimes) and Korver's still there. Then you add that Booze and Gibson are solid shooters within their range and even JoaKim can put his little kid shot into the net sometimes. That improved shooting and the improved play of Boozer in the paint makes this a drastically more dangerous team than the one that went into the playoffs last year.
This year, teams have made it a point not to let Rose beat them in the 4th quarter, so other guys have had to step up. The Bulls don't have a sample size of what Rip can do in the 4th quarter, because he hasn't been healthy. Deng really stepped up in the 4th quarter against Boston on Thursday. He's been great sometimes and bad other times in the 4th quarter, compared to before, when he was never good in the 4th. My point was they don't have a Jason Terry type who can step in and get you quick points.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This year, teams have made it a point not to let Rose beat them in the 4th quarter, so other guys have had to step up. The Bulls don't have a sample size of what Rip can do in the 4th quarter, because he hasn't been healthy. Deng really stepped up in the 4th quarter against Boston on Thursday. He's been great sometimes and bad other times in the 4th quarter, compared to before, when he was never good in the 4th. My point was they don't have a Jason Terry type who can step in and get you quick points.
Agreed. That's why i think that ultimately they'll go down to the Spurs in the NBA finals, but I think they're going to take out the Heat and make it to the finals, might even be able to out muscle the Thunder if they make it out of the West.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I really think Phil Jackson would be the perfect coach for this Knicks team. They have a lot of talent, just no direction.

I could see Phil getting the best out of everyone.

Id also get rid of Baron and JR Smith.
Makes me semi-pissed Rick Adelman took over the Wolves. If we don't get Jackson Adelman would've been my easy second choice. As it stands...pickings are slim if Phil doesn't feel like these Knicks are good enough for him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm enjoying our comeback a lot!!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Makes me semi-pissed Rick Adelman took over the Wolves. If we don't get Jackson Adelman would've been my easy second choice. As it stands...pickings are slim if Phil doesn't feel like these Knicks are good enough for him.
Personnel-wise, Adelman might actually be better off in Minnesota. Kevin Love is as ideal as it gets at power forward for his offense. Rubio is also someone who can run the pick and roll effectively and create for others. All he needs is some shooters on the wings, some good depth and he could have something good cooking in Minnesota.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Knicks decided to get on their knees after halftime.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow... the bulls deserved that for missing those four free throws.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

game on the line, who do you want taking the shot melo or durant?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Personnel-wise, Adelman might actually be better off in Minnesota. Kevin Love is as ideal as it gets at power forward for his offense. Rubio is also someone who can run the pick and roll effectively and create for others. All he needs is some shooters on the wings, some good depth and he could have something good cooking in Minnesota.
Not going to lie, I was picturing Melo filling the role Love does for them offensively. Chandler as the smart passing center, Melo in the Webber/Love role, Lin/Baron running the point with Shumpert being Dougie Christie and Amar'e, Novak, in the other wing role.

I do think that he's got a great thing going in Minnesota and they're one of my western conference teams, Denver, Dallas and Minnesota, and it's not just because of Rubio. But I think he'd be a great fit here as well if Minnesota had just done something stupid and hired someone else.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to 82games.com Kyrie Irving is the best clutch player in the NBA o_O
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Duke Blue Devils

ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo. Come get some.
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Durant for me.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Dirk...or all of the above cause I can't pick between those three. Dirk for the unstoppable length, Durant cause he's Durant and Melo cause he's the strongest of the bunch.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

This game is out of control.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Dirk...or all of the above cause I can't pick between those three. Dirk for the unstoppable length, Durant cause he's Durant and Melo cause he's the strongest of the bunch.
Can we throw Black Mamba in there as well?

Duke Blue Devils

Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Statistically Kobe is terrible in the clutch

edit: or not according to that site, i swore he shot something like 20% with the game on the line

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote