Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-04-2012, 06:09 AM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would change your Colts draft to this...

1st- Luck, no problem there
2nd-TE Coby Fleener
3rd- NT Brandon Thompson
4th- CB Casey Hayward

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
18. Carolina* Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech WR
19. Houston* Kendall Wright, Baylor WR
I was wondering when this would start to happen.

Quote:
95. Oakland Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati RB
Oakland was at the 'Natti pro day, but I think drafting Pead after trading for Mike Goodson could prove redundant. With McFadden, Jones, and Goodson, you have a lot of flash. What you don't have is a guy who can consistently get you those 2 yards when the defense is stacking the line.

That being said, Coach Allen did make a comment that sounded like they wanted redundancy in the RB committee. So I can definitely see the team ignoring the need for a power back and grabbing a 4th slasher to secure our injury prone stable of backs. Probably not in Rd3, though.

Josh Chapman, on the other hand, would make a ton of sense. We need a young run defender to replace John Henderson, and he'd be a great NT option if we have any inclination about attempting some 3-4 looks. Oakland has been sniffing around and I personally love the guy.

Quote:
129. Oakland Demario Davis, Arkansas State OLB
Baller, but where do we play him? If Phillip Wheeler sticks, our starting 3 are pretty well set. Granted, we have no depth at all, and Rolando McClain's value is still very much in doubt.

This would be a good value pick and a nice hedge heading into the 2013 season. I wouldn't hate it. Hell, he might even prove to be an upgrade over all 3 starters in a year or two.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Steelers second round trade makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. James Brown is not that great a prospect that they would waste a 4th rounder, especially when they could take Peter Konz or Coby Fleener with that pick. They could have stayed where they were or traded way down if that was the person on their board.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
10. Buffalo Riley Reiff, Iowa OT

46. Buffalo* Brock Osweiler, Arizona State QB
51. Philadelphia Brandon Boykin, Georgia CB
52. Tennessee Peter Konz, Wisconsin C
54. Giants*Coby Fleener, Stanford TE
57. Denver Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma CB

71. Buffalo Brian Quick, Appalachian State WR
75. Seattle Kendall Reyes, Connecticut DT
77. Kansas City* Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State OT
82. Tennessee Dwight Bentley, Louisiana CB
90. Green Bay Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma WR
98. New England* Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska CB

105. Buffalo Nigel Bradham, Florida State OLB
107. Cleveland* Devier Posey, Ohio State WR
124. Buffalo Keenan Robinson, Texas ILB
126. New England Michael Brewster, Ohio State C
128. Minnesota Marvin Jones, California WR
129 Oakland Demario Davis, Arkansas State OLB
In the first round Reiff makes sense.
Osweiler in the second, not so much IMO. Its just too early for me to take a guy who will not compete for playing time in the next three years, vs. say a guy like Tannehill who I could see them taking in the first if he fell to them, because I could see him competing for PT in the next three years. Neither of whom really work as Nix likes to take QB's with 3 years of starting experience, coming out of college from what I have seen. They have bigger needs at this point IMO at CB and WR, and with the value of Konz and Fleener, I would have a hard time seeing them passing on those two as well from that stand point. I dont see how they pass on Fleener at that point with the board falling the way it did, if they want to be taken seriously.
In the third, Quick is a solid pick, but Osemele and in particulary Reyes value would be hard to pass on, and Dennard as well. The others listed would work as well.
Bradham in the forth is a decent pick, although I am not sure he is a sam guy, which is what they are looking for with Barnett at the will currently. Posey would be an interesting option there. Similar opinion with Robinson, they like Sheppard and have named him the starter already and seem happy with him making the defensive calls. Why replace a 3rd rounder with a 4th a year later, when you are happy with the 3rd rounder? Bradham could work, then... IDK, but not another LB I would think. Russel Wilson maybe.
IMO a better Buffalo draft would go like this: Reiff, Fleener, Dennard, Braham, Russel Wilson(?) and they pass on a WR believing that M. Easly or D. Jones is a real #2 wide out.
My .02 and some vomiting of the mouth...
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC is ok. Prefer if they did not trade up in 2nd. Think Zeitler would make it to them.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
I hear you, but there is absolutely no good reason to force a need in the third and fourth rounds. If the Browns pass on potential RTs in the second round, then you're better off finding other ways to upgrade your O line (btw, you guys have one of the best lines in the league from C-left).

Guys that don't get taken in the first two rounds are not likely ready to be quality NFL starters anyways, so it makes very little sense to pass on better players that you can develop more appropriately than to force another marginal player onto the field.
And possibly the worst at RG/RT.

You can find starting players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Especially on the right side of the line.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Donkey Punch
Rookie

Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Not my favorite Miami draft. Crawford and Fuller are big reaches there, and im not sure why we are jumping jax, st louis and tampa for Tanny? The only trade we'd make is with Minnesota to jump Cleveland. Otherwise well just sit and wait at 8. The Phins rarely trade up
You're right on. Should Miami trade up, and I don't think they will, they will swap with Minnesota to get ahead of Cleveland for Tannehill. There is no need to swap with Tampa since St. Louis (Bradford) and Jacksonville (Gabbert) have young QB's.
Donkey Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm coming over to preferring Massie to Martin. While Martin's much further along, I don't see him being great at anything and we've already got Diehl, who's a decent pass blocker and good run blocker, and Beatty who's a poor run blocker and a good pass blocker. Massie gives us a potential beast LT we can afford to be patient with.

In round two I'd much rather just stand pat and take whichever of Sean Spence, Mychal Kendricks and Bobby Wagner lasts to our pick.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote