Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$2,500 fine for Weber. No suspension.

Basically, the NHL didn't suspend Weber because Zetterberg isn't seriously hurt. In other words, horse **** logic.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
$2,500 fine for Weber. No suspension.

Basically, the NHL didn't suspend Weber because Zetterberg isn't seriously hurt. In other words, horse **** logic.
SO beat the **** out of someone, but dont injure them and you are fine.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, apparently intent is irrelevant. Only the result counts.

It's like attempting to rob a bank, but being let off the hook if you didn't actually get away with the money.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you god I have Weber on my team I need him!!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A part of me feels as the only reason why he WASN'T suspended was because it is the playoffs. ****** logic on my part, but just a gut feeling. He'd definitely would have gotten suspended in the regular season, though.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
A part of me feels as the only reason why he WASN'T suspended was because it is the playoffs. ****** logic on my part, but just a gut feeling. He'd definitely would have gotten suspended in the regular season, though.
I agree with you, Hines.

---------

From @CapGeek (a fantastic website for those who don't know it):

Quote:
#NHL Shea Weber fined $2,500 from his $7.5m salary applying the same ratio to someone making $50,000, that's $16.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Kesler is the most annoying player in the NHL. Douche. Will be so happy if the Kings take the series.
did you enjoy his awesome somersault?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, isn't Weber a first time offender? Maybe I'm thinking of another sport, but doesn't the NHL keep it soft on first timers? If it were Matt Cooke, I'm sure he would be gone for a while.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Also, isn't Weber a first time offender? Maybe I'm thinking of another sport, but doesn't the NHL keep it soft on first timers? If it were Matt Cooke, I'm sure he would be gone for a while.
No. I read he was suspended once previously. Some time in 2011, IIRC.

EDIT: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp15409

Apparently Weber got off with a fine the last time too.

Last edited by Xiomera : 04-12-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
did you enjoy his awesome somersault?
When he ran the most blatant goalie interference and then went down like he got shot?

Also, Luongo's huge flop into his net was nice. And Burrows annoys me as well. I do not think they have any likeable players on their team other than Schneider, and they make him ride pine.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please tell me that was doughty doing what I think he was doing haha

I used to like Kesler til the playoffs last year, he was such a bitchy *****

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

yeah, drew spooged all over keslers face.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Richards absolutely destroyed Burrows last night, it was a glorious sight.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Mike Richards absolutely destroyed Burrows last night, it was a glorious sight.
Last night Burrows picked up some ice, put it on a stick and pretended to snort it...a jab at Richards, probably true from his past party days....but still very classless. Glorious, indeed.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Last night Burrows picked up some ice, put it on a stick and pretended to snort it...a jab at Richards, probably true from his past party days....but still very classless. Glorious, indeed.
That's kinda funny. Wrong, but funny.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Watch out hines, richards is coming after you next!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Bitz of the Canucks got 2 games for the hit on Clifford, Cliffy didn't come back after the hit and will miss tomorrow' game....so i guess it really comes down to if an illegal hit injures or not, real consistent, NHL.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then again, if Weber had gone after a crappy player instead of Zetterberg, that player would probably have had a "concussion".
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd consider paying real dollars for a gif of that Mitchell (?) - Jackman exchange.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** YES SHARKS!!! Whoooooooo!!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burns - Perron

Perreault - Seguin

are my picks

- and welcome back, Toews

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 04-12-2012 at 09:21 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Burns - Perron

Perreault - Seguin

are my picks

- and welcome back, Toews
Pavelski-Arnott
Laich-Seguin

Hooray for playoffs, when I can spam in here with some moderate knowledge.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You've already proven to know more than me, since you're always supposed to pick Pavelski.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well hey, we're both 0 for 1.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote