Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

I do agree that a priority is getting some of the young talent locked up with some long term deals. I do wish they would have spent a little on some better free agents but I'm also glad they didn't go out and over pay for mediocre talent.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe that we didn't sign a #2 WR this off season. Simpson and Caldwell are gone. Tate is not a #2 WR and Shipley is the slot receiver. I am hearing that they want Armon Binns to compete for the #2 spot. That is complete BS. He hasn't proven anything. We are a playoff team that needs playoff talent.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of the top WRs on the market were getting overpaid and at this point there is no one left that is a real upgrade. The Bengals could take a a WR in the 1st 3 rounds.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Do people relize the Bengals are better off saving there money and locking up players like Atkins, Gresham, Maualuga, Howard, Shipley, M. Johnson, and Dunlap and addressing most of their needs in the draft.
That's true of every team every year. We'll have lots of money next year too and the year after. I think that is nothing but an easy way out for this franchise. If they don't want to get involed in free agency, but want an excuse, they extend Green 7-8 yrs like they did Carson and say they used it all up on him. It's legit, but they need more than a handful of players to reach the top and they are not even trying to achieve that.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest i don't know where i got the 60m$ figure either, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make lol. All i was saying is that we had the chance to upgrade our team without hurting our future and we didn't do anything.

We've got a 2nd year QB that needs protection, and instead of going out and getting a guard that's worth a damn, we go and get a Travelle Wharton who is marginally better than the shitstain that we did have. I agree that we should lock up the talent we have on the roster, but M. Brown makes it an undesirable place to stay by not trying to upgrade the roster at all when he has shots like this. I'm still pissy about Joseph leaving last year. By showing zero initiative to upgrade your team makes it more difficult to keep your homegrown as well as bring in FA's.

There weren't any FA wideouts that i wanted, just Nicks orGrubbs and maybe Finnegan because he's fiesty.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You better treat BenJarvus well or I will find you and cut you
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will the Bengals gain a Comp pick for losing J. Joe and Mathis? Or would signing of Howard and Lawson negate?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk i think they should atleast get one for Joseph since he signed a big contract and made the pro bowl.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me go on record as saying that the Bengals will not address the secondary in the first round now that Pacman Jones has signed a one year deal.

I still think our first priority is to get one of the two best OG's in the draft then take BPA at DE, RB, LB, and DT in no particular order.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Idk i think they should atleast get one for Joseph since he signed a big contract and made the pro bowl.
I feel as though Lawson and Howard wouldnt counteract J. Jo to badly. Clements wont effect at all since he was cut from the 49ers. Neither Lawson or Howard were sogned to big contracts and neither went to pro bowl. So it is likely a 3rd or 4th for JJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
Let me go on record as saying that the Bengals will not address the secondary in the first round now that Pacman Jones has signed a one year deal.

I still think our first priority is to get one of the two best OG's in the draft then take BPA at DE, RB, LB, and DT in no particular order.
I want to agree with you on this. I feel as though the legal troubles with the CB's that will be available when we pick overshadows the talent far to much.

Our CB's at the moment are

Hall, Clements, Allen, Jones. A solid four.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the mock I am writing I have the Bengals landing Dre Kirkpatrick and Cordy Glenn, but I'm reading you guys saying you want the Bengals to pass on corners in the first. That's a mistake if you ask me, I wouldn't mind the Chiefs taking Kirkpatrick.

Anyways, would you guys be happy with a Kirkpatrick-Glenn 1st round? DeCastro is gone at this point, as are the top OTs. Brokers and Mercilus would some of the top d linemen available.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

I wouldn't see the Bengals taking any defensive lineman in the first 3 rounds now with the signings of Derrick Harvey and Jamaal Anderson. Plus they are working really hard to bring Pat Sims back. I'd have to say outside of finishing up the Sims deal I have to think the Bengals are done with free agency. The only way i see another move is if someone comes available later due to a release.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

The Bengals got the Pat Sims deal done and he has re-signed with the team.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Sims is a key addition; Anderson may help, but I think Harvey gets cut by seasons' start. Overall, Free Agency worked out ok. I wanted to see them get a top Guard but they still improved.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Somehow I missed adding the re-signing of Anthony Collins as well. Another depth signing just nothing spectacular.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

I think it is a foregone conclusion that we are going to take Cordy Glenn at either 17 or 21 unless something unreal happens and Coples or Richardson falls that far. I honestly don't see us taking anyone in the secondary in the first round. I can see us taking Kuechly, Poe, Still, Coples, etc. before Kirkpatrick, Jenkins, Barron. We have been able to fill our secondary with veterans the last two years with pretty good outcomes so I think that trend might continue.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Terrance Newman is supposed to be close on a deal with Bengals. My only guess is Mike Brown is still mulling over weather or not to draft him with the first pick in the draft...lol. Guess he figures the Carson Palmer thing didn't work out so he should go get the other player he considered that year.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Claiborne won't be there. Kirkpatrick and Jenkins have character concerns. Gilmore i still don't think is worth a 1st Round Pick. Better off waiting till next year to take a corner in the 1st.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

It looks like we signed Manny Lawson again. We now have our core guys from last year back or their replacements. The only glaring need in the draft now is OG. The rest of the draft can be used for BPA. We are going into this draft with a lot of flexibility due to the extra first round pick. I could see us trading around a bit this year. Is it draft day yet???
Old 03-28-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Marvin Lewis said they are still considering bringing back Jerome Simpson. Guess the feel he is will do for that #2 receiver. Only thing is he will probably be suspended for the first 4 games of the season for his drug arrest.

I know we have hoped for Mike Wallace but I'm on the fence because I know he wants a long term big money deal and I fear it may restrict the Bengals from re-signing guys like Atkins, Dunlap and all the other young core players that have made this team what it has become.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Its really starting to look like the Bengals will target a Wide Receiver in the first round now with the signing of of Terrance Newman and resigning Dennis Roland. Only spot left that is a need now is the wide receiver position.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

I doubt signing Newman will impact them much in what they do in the draft. I still see them taking Kirkpatrick or Gilmore in the 1st Round.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

Quote:
I doubt signing Newman will impact them much in what they do in the draft. I still see them taking Kirkpatrick or Gilmore in the 1st Round.
I am not going to say that we won't take Kirkpatrick or Gilmore in the first but if DeCastro/Glenn is picked at 17 then there will be major competition from WR's with the 21st pick.