Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Guys Going Higher Than We Think?

I have 3 players that I expect to get drafted much higher than we all think,

1. WR Rueben Randle

He is 1" shorter and a step slower than Stephen Hill and a ton safer as a 1st round pick and he is a similar size and skill set to Jeffery without the weight, speed and attutude concerns. It would not shock me if he was the 3rd WR taken.

I think he might go as high as 19 to the Bears.

2. DE/LB Shea McCellin

I think that NFL types have this guy highly ranked compared to the iternet experts and my guess is that he goes much higher than his 2nd or late 1st grade.

I think he can go as high as 18 to the Chargers.

3. DE Chandler Jones

The news that Coples and Upshaw are falling has been paired with the news that Jones is rising. Jones has a ton of untapped physical ability like JPP and Aldon Smith. While he is not as good a prospect as those guys he is a similar type of prospect and the fact that those guys have worked out so well helps Jones.

I think he could go to San Diego, Chicago and maybe as high as the NY Jets.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rueben Randle is safer? eh... His route tree is about the same size as Stephen Hill's
Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fleener will go late first round to middle first round.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Russell Wilson - QB Wisconsin

All the tools are there. Everyone knows it. Someone is going to fall in love with this guy and pull the trigger early to make sure they get him. McShay and Kiper have him in the 5th round. I'd say someone snags him up at the end of round 2.

2. Brian Quick - WR Appalachian State

Again, same thing. The kid has all the tools necessary to be a successful WR in the NFL. Someone will see the size, speed, and college production and be willing to spend a 2nd round draft pick on him. Of all the WR's in this relatively weak class, he's got the most potential to be a true #1.

3. LaMichael James - RB Oregon

Are you guys noticing a trend in these guys, yet? All highly productive college football players, and all have the tools to make a difference right away. In the age of spread offenses, dynamic backs like James can be used in so many ways. He's not an internet favorite, but I guarantee he's gone by the end of round 2.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Fleener will go late first round to middle first round.
I'm so sick of 49ers fans with a hard-on for Coby Fleener.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I'm so sick of 49ers fans with a hard-on for Coby Fleener.
I never said our team will draft him tho . I rather personally get a wide out witch is a much bigger need or a guard at this point.IMO also we are set on Te maybe one later in the draft is good for us.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I never said our team will draft him tho . I rather personally get a wide out witch is a much bigger need or a guard at this point.IMO also we are set on Te maybe one later in the draft is good for us.
I just don't get it. Someone please explain to me why the 49ers are in need of a TE?

Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker should be enough. But you guys still have a 23 year old Nate Byham on roster too.

Last edited by Asteinebach : 04-13-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Rueben Randle is safer? eh... His route tree is about the same size as Stephen Hill's
IMO Randle has shown better hands and better route running, for example he has run a slant route, during the season.

Both played with incompetent QB play so it is difficult to assess some aspects of their game.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Chargerfn909
Rookie

Chargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My boy Alameda Ta'amu will go in the first, HIGH second.
Chargerfn909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

The only way I see us taking a TE is if hes BPA at our pick in round 1 or later rounds . But yes we do have enough TE's on the roster.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfn909 View Post
I think his floor is pick 16 of the second. NE won't let him fall passed that. They know the value of a NT.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think his floor is pick 16 of the second. NE won't let him fall passed that. They know the value of a NT.
True NT prospects always rise because there are so few of them that can handle the position.

This is the reason that Poe is screaming up boards after being an average conference USA player.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Stephen Hill goes in the #7-#26 range. Probably the middle of that.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfn909 View Post
Damn it, you beat me to the punch on that. I was just coming back to talk about Alameda Ta'amu. You guys went and had the whole conversation without me..."3-4 NT are hard to find...bla bla bla."
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitney Mercilus - best 4-3 rush DE in the draft. I can't see him getting past #20.

Marvin Jones - huge catch radius and great body control. He won't see the third round.

Lavonte David - size concerns can be ignored, this guy is a player. Just watch him play, he looks like a first rounder from opening kickoff to the final whistle.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alshon Jeffery is a logical first-round possibility that not many people are including in their mock drafts. It only takes one team, etc.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I just don't get it. Someone please explain to me why the 49ers are in need of a TE?

Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker should be enough. But you guys still have a 23 year old Nate Byham on roster too.
That is at least a top 3 TE combo.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always had this feeling about Fleener going top 20 after that workout, but it's too hard to spot him on any one team. I think the Bears and Browns might be surprise teams that could pick him, who knows? After seeing what Graham and Gronk did last year people are gonna jump all over Fleener's potential.

A lot of people are talking Stephen Hill, but I see him as a solid 2nd rounder b/c of two things: 1-his rawness and lack of polish (and therefore huge bust potential) and 2-the quantity of quality receivers available this year: Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Randle, Quick, Jeffery, Sanu.....this isn't like 2010 where there was Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas as the top 2 WRs - both being late first rounders with huge ?s.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
That is at least a top 3 TE combo.
Ah yes! But don't forget Pettigrew, Scheffler, and Heller.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
PiedmontPanther
Rookie

PiedmontPanther hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

David DeCastro
PiedmontPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
.....this isn't like 2010 where there was Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas as the top 2 WRs - both being late first rounders with huge ?s.
Good point. +Rep. All that being said, I've seen less talented and physically gifted WR's get drafted much higher than Hill is projecting. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the Gen. Pop. has the WR rankings all wrong this year.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just based on projections:

Derek Wolfe
Joe Loomis
Marvin Jones
Chris Givens
Demario Davis
Jerel Worthy
Billy Winn
Josh Chapman
Terrell Manning
Old 04-13-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, since it's been talked about in this thread:

When I see Ta'Amu, I see someone who's a much better 43 NT than 34 NT.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. AJ Jenkins WR
2. Robert Turbin RB
3. Alshon Jeffery WR
4. Ronnie Hillman RB
5. TY Hilton WR
Old 04-13-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedmontPanther View Post
David DeCastro
He is going 11th.