Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
This guy can't wait to see Tebow smite you heathens. Haven't you fools yet realized that logic is no longer applicable?
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!
Read in my best Bill Murray voice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sure as hell doesn't include me. Tebow is a joke. And this thread is funny. You mean to tell me a WR would rather play with a HoF QB than a gimmicky QB with no arm? The hell you say!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I think the most interesting thing to take away from Thomas' comments are that Tebow's leadership and intangibles were clearly overrated. The entire team clearly did not rally around Tebow or play ten times harder, because Timmy Terrific was leading them. If that were the case, I don't think you'd see so many of his teammates act so cavalierly about his departure.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such a pointless thread. Tebow's had receivers complaining about him since Florida. With Tebow it always has been, and always will be, a narrative about whether he can win games on his own. That's what bugs people. He distracts from the team concept, and gets a disproportionate amount of praise, seemingly on account of the fact that he wins despite playing without any sense of football strategy. Receivers are expected to run disciplined routes, but Tebow doesn't play disciplined; he does whatever he wants. And he did it at Florida, and he did it in Denver, and he's always had a winning record, so he gets the accolades. Denver was limited by Tebow last year in many ways, but watching the fourth-quarter drives he put together, you know that was all Tebow, too. He's at his best when he doesn't have to execute a specific gameplan. But I just don't really get why it's considered newsworthy that his former teammate is excited to play with Peyton Manning. He'll get to play his position the way he's used to playing it, instead of being a downfield run-blocker and occasionally chasing down a deep ball.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-13-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty happy about the fact that Tebow was trolling so many people. What i find funny is how Demaryius says he doesn't want to talk bad about Tim after he talks bad about Tim, lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I was pretty happy about the fact that Tebow was trolling so many people. What i find funny is how Demaryius says he doesn't want to talk bad about Tim after he talks bad about Tim, lol.
like how people say "no offense but.." right before they offend someone

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
Actually, I think the most interesting thing to take away from Thomas' comments are that Tebow's leadership and intangibles were clearly overrated. The entire team clearly did not rally around Tebow or play ten times harder, because Timmy Terrific was leading them. If that were the case, I don't think you'd see so many of his teammates act so cavalierly about his departure.
They're just trying to cover up how hurt they are to have lost him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheres that one 49ers fan with the Gator logo on his avy? I expected him to come into this thread swinging.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He stopped by to say that we're all just being mean to poor Tim.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh, I missed him on my first read through... I was expecting paragraphs..
Old 04-14-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Ahh, I missed him on my first read through... I was expecting paragraphs..
Good luck with that, he barely understands sentence structure.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ok, so where are all of you people who were, on this very board, trying to tell broncos fans we were wrong last season about tebow's complete and utter inability to play qb? come on, y'all were pretty vocal for a while. i'm sure you want to tell demaryius that he's wrong and that tebow was actually a really good passer and the sole reason the team was any good.
Who ever said he was a good QB? Everyone argued that he was the reason they won games with his clutch play in the 4th quarter and his ability to make others believe that if the game is close that he'll put them in position to win. No one ever said he was an amazing QB that I recall.

You guys were saying it was all defense, when in fact they were more overrated than Tebow. They couldn't stop a good offense if it was a life or death situation.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Who ever said he was a good QB? Everyone argued that he was the reason they won games with his clutch play in the 4th quarter and his ability to make others believe that if the game is close that he'll put them in position to win. No one ever said he was an amazing QB that I recall.

You guys were saying it was all defense, when in fact they were more overrated than Tebow. They couldn't stop a good offense if it was a life or death situation.
Please don't say "everyone" said Tebow was clutch and he put them in position to win. The only people saying that would be Tebow apologists.

That defense was the sole reason Tebow's ineptly led offense had a chance to win games at the end. That's what happens when you hand the keys to the offensive to a fullback.

-_- Or does completing single digit passes and having multiple three and outs actually help your defense now by giving them more reps?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Please don't say "everyone" said Tebow was clutch and he put them in position to win. The only people saying that would be Tebow apologists.

That defense was the sole reason Tebow's ineptly led offense had a chance to win games at the end. That's what happens when you hand the keys to the offensive to a fullback.

-_- Or does completing single digit passes and having multiple three and outs actually help your defense now by giving them more reps?
What competent QB did that defense stop? Rivers in his funk year? Look at the Qb's/teams they played well against. Orton with like 2 weeks of work, Palmer same situation, Chicago's backup, Sanchez, etc... The Packers, Chargers (1st game), Buffalo, Pats, Det, and Minny all lit up the score board against them.

They were severely overrated.

Tebow was not an efficient QB and yes he needs tons of work and I admitted to so, but that defense was ridiculously overrated. If it weren't for Tebow they may have been picking 1st overall (Which is what I think Elway's plan was honestly after cutting Orton and trading Lloyd for nothing. )

Last edited by jsagan77 : 04-14-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
that's hilarious. luckily for me, i'm not feeding the trolls today.
If I were you I'd probably not try to feed me either since I've pwned you every other time we've had a debate. I guess that's what happens when facts get in the way though.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
yes, your utter and complete lack of ability to watch broncos games begat so much 'pwning'. it's almost cute, really.
I watched everyone thank you very much. Sunday ticket and DVR is a beautiful thing. Not saying the defense didn't play well during that stretch too, and that they weren't good against poor competition but they were completely murdered by descent offenses. It's easy too look good against backups and guys just taking over.

Just tell me one good offense they stifled besides the Chargers 2nd game.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Tebow! I love Tebow.

Look, while I'm rooting for the guy, I obviously acknowledge that he sucks. But to be fair, he sucked a little less with each passing game, you did see slight improvement over the course of the season, climaxing in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

He's a long way to go, but you can't help but root for the guy. Would I want him qb'ing my team? Hell no. But he's just so damn entertaining, I really hope he sticks around. I love watching him play.

And I love how controversial he is. Keep defying logic Tebow!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumerville was way better than Tebow.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Go Tebow! I love Tebow.

Look, while I'm rooting for the guy, I obviously acknowledge that he sucks. But to be fair, he sucked a little less with each passing game, you did see slight improvement over the course of the season, climaxing in Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

He's a long way to go, but you can't help but root for the guy. Would I want him qb'ing my team? Hell no. But he's just so damn entertaining, I really hope he sticks around. I love watching him play.

And I love how controversial he is. Keep defying logic Tebow!
Not really. He was absolutely horrendous the last two games of the regular season, and in the playoff game against the Patriots, a bad defensive team. The Steelers game was an outlier, an abberation, a fluke.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. He was absolutely horrendous the last two games of the regular season, and in the playoff game against the Patriots, a bad defensive team. The Steelers game was an outlier, an abberation, a fluke.
[troll]It was the offensive coordinator's fault.[/troll]

Hell, if we can use that lame excuse for every other qb on this forum, we can use it for Tebow too.

If it's the OC's fault that *insert qb here* threw that INT, doesn't throw it deep, keeps getting sacked, etc, then let it apply to him too.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
What competent QB did that defense stop? Rivers in his funk year? Look at the Qb's/teams they played well against. Orton with like 2 weeks of work, Palmer same situation, Chicago's backup, Sanchez, etc... The Packers, Chargers (1st game), Buffalo, Pats, Det, and Minny all lit up the score board against them.

They were severely overrated.

Tebow was not an efficient QB and yes he needs tons of work and I admitted to so, but that defense was ridiculously overrated. If it weren't for Tebow they may have been picking 1st overall (Which is what I think Elway's plan was honestly after cutting Orton and trading Lloyd for nothing. )
Listen, I agree the Broncos D was massively overrated. I agree they couldn't play with top-flight offenses, and their production was inflated against the dregs of the league.

However, they were very productive over the eight-game stretch where they went 7-1. They were responsible for keeping the Broncos in all those games, even if they weren't that great themselves. They went 8-5 down the stretch while only scoring 20 points three times.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
[troll]It was the offensive coordinator's fault.[/troll]

Hell, if we can use that lame excuse for every other qb on this forum, we can use it for Tebow too.

If it's the OC's fault that *insert qb here* threw that INT, doesn't throw it deep, keeps getting sacked, etc, then let it apply to him too.
Now that he's with the jets of course were going to have to listen to that excuse. Were still hearing it for Sanchez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Listen, I agree the Broncos D was massively overrated. I agree they couldn't play with top-flight offenses, and their production was inflated against the dregs of the league.

However, they were very productive over the eight-game stretch where they went 7-1. They were responsible for keeping the Broncos in all those games, even if they weren't that great themselves. They went 8-5 down the stretch while only scoring 20 points three times.
Again, this was against the dregs of the league (or for the most part)--No one disagree's with that so what's the issue? . People are using the defense against Tebow when they were more holistic than apart--which is one of the main points. If Tebow weren't so clutch at the end of games, what impact did that have on the D to make them feel like keeping it close would result in a W? I think it's an easy assumption that the D felt that if they kept it close that Tebow would somehow pull it out (and he proved that by doing it over and over). So while the team as a whole wasn't very good, they did win games with a solid D effort (most weeks) and clutch QB play when it counted most.

The problem was that people were making excuses as to WHY the wins were occurring by making it look like it was entirely the defense when in fact it was a combination of both clutch QB play during the time it counted, solid D and good special teams (on occasion). If the D were to buckle and give more points then Tebow would have had no chance at coming back. If Tebow would have faltered in the clutch they would have no chance to win or tie. The point is, that both of those things happened and were dependent on each other. The reason people took exception is because the detractors were giving NO credit to Tebow and just crediting the D which was a huge falsification.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Again, this was against the dregs of the league (or for the most part)--No one disagree's with that so what's the issue? . People are using the defense against Tebow when they were more holistic than apart--which is one of the main points. If Tebow weren't so clutch at the end of games, what impact did that have on the D to make them feel like keeping it close would result in a W? I think it's an easy assumption that the D felt that if they kept it close that Tebow would somehow pull it out (and he proved that by doing it over and over). So while the team as a whole wasn't very good, they did win games with a solid D effort (most weeks) and clutch QB play when it counted most.

The problem was that people were making excuses as to WHY the wins were occurring by making it look like it was entirely the defense when in fact it was a combination of both clutch QB play during the time it counted, solid D and good special teams (on occasion). If the D were to buckle and give more points then Tebow would have had no chance at coming back. If Tebow would have faltered in the clutch they would have no chance to win or tie. The point is, that both of those things happened and were dependent on each other. The reason people took exception is because the detractors were giving NO credit to Tebow and just crediting the D which was a huge falsification.
Very fair point. Each camp on this issue was probably oversimplifying the issue. However, when came to the core issue of whether Tim Tebow is good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL, supporters would point to his record and nothing else. They were ignoring all the other confounding factors like the defense and the softness of their schedule during that stretch.