Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new NHL Discipline Czar

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a big part of the problem is they've left the decisions to one person.

Why not a 3-person committee? It's a big job for one person.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think a big part of the problem is they've left the decisions to one person.

Why not a 3-person committee? It's a big job for one person.
Agreed. It's evident that Shanahan probably looked at the fallout from doing jack to punish Weber and other soft/non-existent punishments, and equated it to bringing down the hammer on Shaw and Hagelin, as if that somehow makes up for it.

It's a big job for just one person, let alone a idiot like Shanny.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people have wondered (somewhat legitimately) whether Shanahan's close former association with the Red Wings may have factored into not suspending Weber to avoid accusations of favoritism.

It seems like an outlier because he's been suspending people all year and suspensions have increased big time since he got the job.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
The refs and organization in general has done an awful job so far in the playoffs.

Also, I hope Crosby gets his ******* face punched in tonight, dude deserved a total ass whoopin after last night. Pathetic punk *****
They don't play until tomorrow.

I've seen a lot of stuff thrown out about Crosby, and I'm not sure I follow why. I agree he took extra liberties on the glove hand. He wanted a scrum to start to try to and get something into his team. He engaged behind the net as expected. He hit the guys glove to further agitate, which is being viewed as something much more terrible than it really is. He didn't blindside someone. He didn't bite their finger. He didn't kick them. He didn't do any number of things. He didn't even get something started, which he obviously wanted, so he grabbed Timo, people followed suit and he ultimately fully engaged with Giroux...which is a logical match and both were willing and threw their gloves off. I really could care less about this given all the things that happen in a game, but people think its the worst thing ever apparently.

I'll start this next item by saying i've always been a James Neal fan (not a Pittsburgh or Crosby fan, i'm indifferent towards both), but he played the role of complete b*tch far worse than Crosby did. He ran people and then hit the bench with the scrum. Are we on Crosby for attempting to stop Hartnell from getting involved in the scrum? He didn't grab his hair. In fact, he appeared to be cautious to avoid the hair. He didn't engage him in a 'lets fight' way...rather simply engage and keep him away. (Craig Adams is an idiot and deserved his suspension).

I personally feel Crosby gets either all the love or all the hate. I don't see why people are all over him when there are so many other much worse things going on. He didn't cheap shot. He fully engaged. Still people will focus on him. Perhaps it is because Letang flies in and gets in a scrap (you could tell Letang's brain was AFK at that point anyway, so I don't put that on Crosby), or because Adams comes in like a ****** (I wish Hartnell had knocked him cold).

My opinion is that people should be focused on the people who did the true things that ruined the game - Asham, Neal, and Fleury. Crosby was off his game, but at least he didn't do anything to purposely hurt someone or flee willingly from the combat. People will see differently, but that is what it is.

I will again repeat that I am not a Crosby or Pittsburgh supporter, I just think that both fans and players alike take some things a little too far. Time to tone it down.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Crosby gets well-deserved hate because he's the poster boy for concussions and yet his teammates are at the forefront of NHL goonery by going after people's heads and dishing out cheap shots. Rivalry series or not, it's been going on all season. Crosby himself is just a petulant player with a reputation stemming from years of the same whining. Too often he partakes in behavior not fitting of an NHL captain, IMO.

John Tortorella's comments were spot on from two weeks ago. The Penguins are a walking double-standard.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Shanahan is just throwing darts to determine the suspensions.

If not, well I suggest maybe he should consider doing that, at least we would understand it.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Crosby gets well-deserved hate because he's the poster boy for concussions and yet his teammates are at the forefront of NHL goonery by going after people's heads and dishing out cheap shots. Rivalry series or not, it's been going on all season. Crosby himself is just a petulant player with a reputation stemming from years of the same whining. Too often he partakes in behavior not fitting of an NHL captain, IMO.

John Tortorella's comments were spot on from two weeks ago. The Penguins are a walking double-standard.
Well, Crosby doesn't ask for the attention that constantly follows him around. I'm sure his preference would be for them to leave him alone. Being a poster boy for concussions is not an issue worth hating on. Other players have taken extended periods coming back from concussions, but none the less i don't see how timeline to return is reason to hate.

Similarly, he doesn't control his teammates actions. I agree that they pull BS and it isn't necessary. 100%. However, take the hate to those specific guys. I'm not seeing the specific rationale.

Your opinion on the legitimacy of his captancy is a fine arguement. You can view it how you like and I won't disagree. Many players who have the C have it for the wrong reasons. Choose to dislike him over his 'whining' or 'he shouldn't have the C', but i don't see the connection to the extreme hate he receives.

Likewise on Tort's comments. I view Malkin as much more chippy without backing it up than Crosby to be honest, but that's just me...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Shaw suspended 3 games...what a load of ****
ha wow, i didn't expect 1 game let alone 3

don't ******* touch the goalie is the lesson here
Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raffi Torres is still a giant piece of ****.

Hossa carted off the ice.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, Raffi's going to be the center of some more controversy. Hossa stretchered off? That's terrible.

And oh my goodness, Florida. What resilience!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Raffi Torres ******* dies! What a dirty, classless piece of ****! You **** sucking mother ******! How do all the officials miss that? Plus no penalty! He left his ******* feet! Then they toss Bollig! What a ******* crock of ****. Way to go NHL

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Last edited by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 : 04-17-2012 at 08:37 PM.
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashville got robbed from a goal.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Nashville scored again right after that.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person who thinks his left skate never left the ground?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously laughing at this Detroit defense. Is Martin Erat some kind of supermagnet? Three defenders all bunched together following him, and Jimmy Howard comes way out on him too. Too easy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kronwall's signature hit

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ha wow, i didn't expect 1 game let alone 3

don't ******* touch the goalie is the lesson here
then the goalie shouldn't go behind his net to play the puck and take up the whole ******* lane.

and raffi torres continues to give me more reasons to hate his soul.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Wings are really missing Helm. They need his speed to open things up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Am I the only person who thinks his left skate never left the ground?
I would say something but everyone would just ***** at me
Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Neal is suspended for 1 game.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
James Neal is suspended for 1 game.
Or James Neal has been suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

lol Neal gets 1 game for two clearly illegal cheap hits and Shaw gets 3 for brushing a goaltender taking up the whole lane

BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
good luck nashville. ugh.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote