Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
theogt
Rookie

theogt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dallas. Based on availability (though Cox likely won't be there):

1. Cox
2. Barron
3. DeCastro
theogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas will take whoever Jerry tells them to. And if he can't make a huge splash with His Guy or in his mandatory Draft Day 2 interview, they will be tempted to trade backwards & subsequently eff up their whole draft.

Quote:
2. Barron
3. DeCastro
....if only, if only.....

B/C everyone & their brother has said publicly that Harbaugh will take TE Coby Fleener who played for him at Stanford, he will take someone else..... just b/c.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
If they (the Jets) can get him, right now it looks like it'll be Melvin Ingram.
Yes but if they don't trade up and he doesn't fall they literally just can't f up the pick. There's some solid talent who should fall to us or just be there naturally...If Mark Barron is gone then I hope they trade back and take Vinny Curry and pickup other picks...unless a Coples, Poe, DeCastro, etc. falls.

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-17-2012 at 10:29 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Yes but if they don't trade up and he doesn't fall they literally just can't f up the pick. There's some solid talent who should fall to us or just be there naturally...If Mark Barron is gone then I hope they trade back and take Vinny Curry and pickup other picks.
You know they're not going to trade back though. If they did move back and take Curry it'd be nice if they moved up a bit and tried to secure Rueben Randle too. I'm almost certain Tannenbaum will find a way to screw it up though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay

Richardson
Claiborne
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles are unpredictable as ever this year. If Cox is still there they'll jump on it but if not who knows at this point. Otherwise I definitely see them walking away with Weeden one way or another, and if I had to pinpoint what LB they'd look at I'd guess Keenan Robinson in the 3rd or 4th. Someone I can see them liking later on is Asa Jackson from Cal Poly

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 04-18-2012 at 12:13 AM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling the Seahawks are going to end up taking Brockers.

I'm also pretty confident that the Cowboys will take Poe, Cox, or Barron.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to steal this quote from a beat writer's comment section, regarding the 49ers draft options at #30...

Quote:
Everyone needs to stop with the fantasizing over who they will pick at #30. The Niners will not pick at #30... again THEY WILL NOT PICK AT #30. Baalke is going to trade this pick to some crappy team like the Jaguars or Browns for their #1 next year. Total package will be something like #30 pick and Niners 3rd rounder for next years 1st and 2nd rounder this year. Baalke gonna rob somebody!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No idea on the Texans. Everyone seems to be mocking a WR or TE in round 1, but I think we'll go defense. The Texans do like to reach on guys they really like and think will be a schematic fit, and it wouldn't surprise me to see us trade back if someone unexpectedly slips to #26.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bengals, I'm thinking

Peter Konz
Mark Barron
Courtney Upshaw
David DeCastro
Luke Kuechly

a combination of those guys...

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville:

I think if the no one falls and they cannot trade back it will come down to Cox or Gilmore.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm going to steal this quote from a beat writer's comment section, regarding the 49ers draft options at #30...
Matt Barrows posted this

Quote:
Trent Baalke concedes there is "one player" the 49ers are eyeing and thinks will be available at pick 30. Shocker: He would not reveal who.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Matt Barrows posted this
A little more info

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...316 82&spln=1

Quote:
SI's Tony Pauline is "hearing" that the 49ers' No. 30 overall pick will come down to either Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill or "the highest rated offensive guard" on San Francisco's draft board.
49ers GM Trent Baalke stated Wednesday that San Francisco is eyeballing "one player" at the No. 30 pick, although he obviously didn't say whom it was. Just connecting the dots, we'd say there's a good chance it's Hill. The Niners had Hill in for a pre-draft visit on April 16. Even after Randy Moss and Mario Manningham's short-term signings, receiver is a need spot for the 49ers. Apr. 18 - 1:53 pm et
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns are pretty much locked into Richardson at 4, which I'm good with. I'd say Blackmon is still a darkhorse, though.

As far as at 22... I'm not completely sure it'll be Wright. Hill is a strong possibility. Also, if Glenn happens to be sitting there, he'd be tough to pass up. If Blackmon is the pick at 4, Doug Martin comes into play too.

Right now I'm guessing Richardson/Wright, but Hill at 22 is also distinctly possible.

Last edited by twiz : 04-18-2012 at 01:57 PM.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago

I know we really like Kendall Wright. I hope we take Coples, Nick Perry or Wright.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants are EXTREMELY tight lipped come draft day, but I'm thinking it'll be Hill or Massie. I really do. Those would be my guesses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's going to boil down to Kirkpatrick, Reiff, Barron, or Mercilus. One of those 4 players will likely be available, and I can see Detroit taking any of them.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I think it's going to boil down to Kirkpatrick, Reiff, Barron, or Mercilus. One of those 4 players will likely be available, and I can see Detroit taking any of them.
i HIGHLY doubt Barron and Reiff are there if the Lions stay put. Highly, highly doubt it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i HIGHLY doubt Barron and Reiff are there if the Lions stay put. Highly, highly doubt it
I agree. But if they are, they'd indisputably be the BPA.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a gut feeling the Broncos will take Kendall Reyes in the first and try and grab Ossweiller in the second.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Hill, Fleener or Konz will be the pick at 30.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Hill, Fleener or Konz will be the pick at 30.
Based off of Baalke's comments and his short track record, I am going to guess it is none of those 3 nor is it anyone who is commonly viewed as a top 32 pick.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good, cause I might be happier than when we drafted JPP, if the giants draft Stephen Hill.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Based off of Baalke's comments and his short track record, I am going to guess it is none of those 3 nor is it anyone who is commonly viewed as a top 32 pick.
It's just so bizarre that he actually addressed the question speaking of "one player."

He must love him.

Here's the presser for any of you "Mock" guys that wanna try to get inside Baalke's head...

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/v...f-c5a35d19efcc
Old 04-19-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jags wise - really no one will have a clue who we are going to take as Gene Smith is very good at keeping things under wrap.

Most mocks have us taking Melvin Ingram, so you can bet that won't happen!

I don't think we take either Blackmon or Floyd because of the off the field red flags. I was thinking Dre Kirkpatrick a few months back - but same thing with him (although Gabbert had a minor off the field red flag, so still a possibility I guess).

If I had to guess I would say Luke Kuechly. DeCastro maybe - if they feel he can play C.

Second round I have a nasty feeling we're going to take Brian Quick who I don't rate at all. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen!!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote