Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pre-Draft Media day around the league

I am guessing now this is when GMs all across the country step in front of the podium and entertain questions from their local media since the draft is next week. Please put some key things from various GMs in this thread.

Here is one from the Browns GM I found.

https://twitter.com/#!/NateUlrichABJ

Quote:
Their GM (Tom Heckert) spoke to the media today. His quotes:

"I think we'd like to stay at No. 4. I do think we would be able to trade out. Right now, we hope we stay there."

GM Tom Heckert said #Browns know what they'll do at No. 4 if they stay there.

GM Tom Heckert said he would not hesitate to take a RB at No. 4.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said Ryan Tannehill is good player, just obviously very new to QB position.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said prospects team is considering don't have character issues.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said team wouldn't want to trade down too far; wouldn't want to miss out on certain players.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert: You can't stray from what you think about players just b/c of a perceived need. Applies to Morris Claiborne.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert on Claiborne: You need 3 CBs to survive in this league & that's why they're big deal. He's a really, really good one

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said height of a WR doesn't matter. How he plays more important.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said it's a big question mark whether he'll use one of top 3 picks on a QB.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said he doesn't buy idea QB Ryan Tannehill could not play right away. Mentioned that Tannehill played in WCO at A& M.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said he can't answer whether team will come out of draft w/ another QB who might start in 2012.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said he's made bad decisions in past b/c he tried to fill needs instead of drafting best player. Said long time ago.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said from a college standpoint, Justin Blackmon stacks up w/ other WRs drafted in top 5 in past.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said RB Trent Richardson & WR Justin Blackmon are class guys.

This is probably where there is a lot of BS or general answers without going into specifics. Because of that GMs usually may reflect and talk about past stuff and general philosophy while dodging specific questions on players. Some might talk about each player and the positives, without giving anything away.

But none the less, I like to hear or read stuff from various GMs, especially since, as a giants fan, I don't get to follow other teams. So hopefully we can compile some information in this thread.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote