Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Where Will Ryan Tannehill Go?
Top 5 4 7.14%
6-10 39 69.64%
10-15 10 17.86%
15-20 2 3.57%
20-25 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ryan Tannehill - Where Will He Go?

Just curious as to where people think he will actually go. Not where he should go.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Six to ten, which I think is justifiable. Eight to Miami is most likely, with Kansas City at eleven probably being his floor.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed.
I have a strong feeling that Miami is just waiting for this guy to fall into their laps.
And not to mention David Garrard can be an effective mentor.
Tannenhill surely needs a year, maybe even two to develop before he can run a professional offense.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get a strong feeling Miami is waiting to pass on this guy. What good does it do them to waste a 1st round pick on a QB they will have to wait for to develop? I see Kansas City as the likely suitor. At least they can wait and develop a guy.

Mark my words: If Miami drafts Tannehill, he will get eaten alive his Rookie year.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Six to ten, which I think is justifiable. Eight to Miami is most likely, with Kansas City at eleven probably being his floor.
^^^^^Yes this.^^^^^

Quote:
Mark my words: If Miami drafts Tannehill, he will get eaten alive his Rookie year.
^^^^This too, more risk than reward.

Any bets that when he's announced at the podium, the announcer will eff it up with "....Tannehill, Wide Receiver, Texas A&M" ?
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles at 15!
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whomever trades up to 7.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC at 11 or Seattle at 12.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I get a strong feeling Miami is waiting to pass on this guy. What good does it do them to waste a 1st round pick on a QB they will have to wait for to develop? I see Kansas City as the likely suitor. At least they can wait and develop a guy.

This is a foolishly shortsighted way of looking at things. If he does develop, it's far from a waste. They get a good starting quarterback, which is something they haven't had in a long time. If that costs the eighth pick, a year of Garrard/Moore, and another year of growing pains, it's still well worth it.

Now, if they simply don't think Tannehill is ever going to be very good, by all means pass.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, of course, foolishly shortsighted. So short, I can't even see into the 2nd round.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC at 11 and I'll have a man reaction the entire year.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Yes, of course, foolishly shortsighted. So short, I can't even see into the 2nd round.
Well, what would be your backup plan? I wouldn't pass on a quarterback that I felt would become better than another based primarily on which one would be a better starter in his first season.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm the first to vote top 5, but I think that he doesn't make it past 4 if someone doesn't trade up to 3 to jump the Browns...which I expect some team, I'm looking at you Miami and Kansas City, to at least make a serious push to do. The question marks aren't that glaring and the positives are really appealing. He's a big risk because he still needs work, but Miami and Cleveland are decent landing spots for him with low expectations where he can battle for the starting spot and develop for each them before starting down the stretch to get a taste of the NFL in preparation for next offseason, where he should take over as the guy. Plus I think he's not as far "behind the curve" as people seem to imply because he was able to maintain great play once he built up some momentum, unfortunately he struggled to get on a roll and keep rolling but that's something that comes with experience.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-19-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Tannehill as a prospect, however last year he showed at present he doesn't play well late in close games or generally in pressure situations,i.e., holding a lead or coming back from a deficit.

There are mental holes in his game that are difficult to evaluate. Is Tannehill just inexperienced, or is there a psychological flaw in his game that won't be corrected with age??

That's why I don't like the idea of drafting him top 10. If he doesn't pan out the only thing your team burns is a draft pick because of the rookie salary cap and he won't be an anchor on a team's overall salary cap.

So maybe he's worth the gamble.

The rookie salary cap IMO allows teams to gamble more than they would have in the past on prospects with question marks because the financial hit is smaller.

BTW what if Matt Moore continues to improve?? I thought he showed some things last season and would like to see him get more playing time.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he falls to around 15.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I guess I'm the first to vote top 5, but I think that he doesn't make it past 4 if someone doesn't trade up to 3 to jump the Browns...which I expect some team, I'm looking at you Miami and Kansas City, to at least make a serious push to do. The question marks aren't that glaring and the positives are really appealing. He's a big risk because he still needs work, but Miami and Cleveland are decent landing spots for him with low expectations where he can battle for the starting spot and develop for each them before starting down the stretch to get a taste of the NFL in preparation for next offseason, where he should take over as the guy. Plus I think he's not as far "behind the curve" as people seem to imply because he was able to maintain great play once he built up some momentum, unfortunately he struggled to get on a roll and keep rolling but that's something that comes with experience.
I don't see either Miami or Kansas City moving up to 3 for Tannehill. If he slips past Cleveland, I could see the Chiefs calling the Jaguars about the #7 pick.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
AirItOutSport
Rookie

AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.AirItOutSport could make a wolverine purr.

As I have said in other posts I like him in Miami. They'll do what they have to in order to get snag 'em.

----------------------------------------
http://airitoutsport.com
Old 04-19-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't see Miami passing on him still, so 6-8 range is where I'd say. A team could trade up with STL/JAC but I honestly can't see it happening unless Cleveland works out some type of deal to get Richardson and Tannehill in the top 10. That could be the big draft day trade waiting to happen if things fall the way they should.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
I don't see either Miami or Kansas City moving up to 3 for Tannehill. If he slips past Cleveland, I could see the Chiefs calling the Jaguars about the #7 pick.
By the book, that would take the 3rd and 5th. I can see that. If he gets by Miami, I think they trade up so that Seattle Dallas and Philly get frozen out. By the book, that is a 3rd with a 4th and change back.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
TT Gator
Rookie

TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.TT Gator could make a wolverine purr.

I think it's down to Cleveland, Miami, and KC. Miami is the favorite and by far the best landing spot for him IMO. His old HC is their OC and despite the fact that he should sit a year or two in this day and age I just don't see it happening and if he must play right away running an offence he's used to with a coach he's used to gives him a better shot. And Miami not only needs a franchise QB but they need something to get the fans excited about because they have really dropped the ball lately. I saw alot of people saying Seattle but they already have 3 young developmental QB's so why add another when you can select an elite player to contribute right away at another position? Kansas City is the definite wildcard. They have a very underrated roster but are missing the key piece in a franchise QB (Cassel had his chance and outside the Weis year has been a disappointment, Orton is gone, and Quinn is not the answer). If they like him alot they may try to leapfrog Miami by traded with the Jags at #7. All the players the Jags seem interested in (Floyd, Ingram, Coples) are considered reaches at #7 so I could see them being a very willing trading partner (which is why if they really think Tannehill is the guy Miami may need to go all the way to #3 to get their guy). I'll say this though I don't think whoever gets him will do it by sitting where their at. With the top 2 QB's in the Draft spoken for Tannehill is the only signal caller left with the potential to be an instant starter so he could very well end up being the 3rd pick in this Draft IMO.
TT Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Tannehill really a better pro prospect than Ricky Stanzi??? Are the Chiefs that down on their rookie backup already???
Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should be taken by the Browns at #4 but narrative scouting and perception might push him down to the Dolphins or Eagles. I think Tannehill is going to shock people who are down on him. I think he is right up there with Luck and Griffin.

His throwing motion is not unorthodox. He has a 3/4 release point, thats all. See Philip Rivers and Jay Cutler for players with similar release points. In the end it doesn't matter all that much because he still gets the ball out quickly.
He's been coached in a pro style system under Mike Sherman. He speaks the west coast offense language. In terms of responsibilities at the line he's behind only Andrew Luck and Kellen Moore. Better than Griffin in this regard.

And I don't know if you noticed but Ryan Tannehill is making anticipation throws and he's throwing bullets to the wide side. His consistent combination of accuracy and velocity on short and intermediate throws is the best in the draft. His arm strength is quite impressive. Pro-style throws with a high degree of difficulty, the only other QB who makes those sort of throws heading into their rookie year is Andrew Luck.

And is everyone missing his incredible athletic ability? His ability to create and buy time is an asset that not all possess. And his ability to throw on the move is incredible, that is a rare skill that not many have. Tannehill is the rare QB that can throw accurately rolling left and right. Rodgers and Luck are the only other two I can think of who can consistently do that.

And further, anyone arguing that Tannehill is "skittish" has no friggin clue what they're watching. If Tannehill was skittish wouldn't he be abandoning the pocket and falling away from pressure ala Gabbert or Kirk Cousins? Well, he doesn't. He consistently steps into throws and sticks in the pocket and is more than willing to take a hit. Anyone arguing otherwise clearly hasn't ever watched him play or has no idea what they're looking for. Greg Cosell has even said Tannehill has the best pocket presence of any QB in this class and I think that Tannehill and Luck are very similar in this regard.

The only knocks on Tannehill are his decision making and experience.

He trusts his arm too much and he tries to gun throws into coverage that he shouldn't. But that will improve as he gets more coaching and experience. And to a certain extent you like a bit of egotism and foolishness from your QB. He'll throw it up and give his receivers a shot. He trusts them. He's very Eli Manning-esque in this regard. Only Manning worked with Nicks and Buress while Ryan played with Fuller. He has a short memory and he'll toss it up to his players and give them chances to make plays. He's got the confidence and border-line arrogance that all great QBs have.

And the experience thing is BS at this point. Cam Newton blew it out of the water. Tom Brady had a similar number of starts coming out of Michigan. Vick came out as a redshirt sophomore. Experience is good to have coming out of college but it doesn't impede future growth at all.

This guy is going to be a stud, he's got the physical talents of Jay Cutler (not as good on the deep ball yet) but he's got a better attitude and he seems more likable. Tannehill was a stud at two spots in a pro-style offense at a big time school. He was the 5th leading receiver in school history before he switched to QB. And he's already a really good QB prospect despite only playing 19 games. Imagine how good this guy is going to be.

I'm putting my neck on the line for Tannehill if I'm a scout. I see Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers type upside if everything works out. Heck, I almost want to rank him above Robert Griffin. Griffin isn't as pro-ready and he takes more physical punishment (he has Vick syndrome, takes unnecessary punishment). If he slips past the Browns and Dolphins, they're making a big mistake and I'd venture to guess they didn't do their homework. If he ends up an Eagle I will be ecstatic.

/Tannehill love fest
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Is Tannehill really a better pro prospect than Ricky Stanzi??? Are the Chiefs that down on their rookie backup already???
He's so much better than Stanzi and it isn't close. Stanzi is a solid QB prospect with a decent arm but his talent level doesn't touch Tannehill's and Tannehill possesses all the intangible things that Stanzi has too.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed with what you just said, and I love Tannehill more than most. He's my ideal #1 pick to the Chiefs at #11. We have so much gd offensive talent, we just lack the QB to put it all together.

Quote:
Instead of playing Stanzi, the Chiefs decided to play Tyler Palko for three games last year. And instead of Stanzi being the backup, they signed BRADY QUINN. I don't get the love fest most people have with Stanzi, but these aren't exactly ringing endorsements for him.

The Chiefs haven't pulled the trigger on a first round QB since 1983. It's time. Tannehill would fit in so gd well with our offense that it's unreal.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, Tannehill is a better pro prospect than their 5th round pick from last year who didn't play a single snap even when their two QB's got injured. Expecting that 5th round pick who didn't play a single snap to be their franchise quarterback would be a big mistake.