Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Would DeCastro work at Center?
Yes 17 32.69%
No 35 67.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DeCastro at Center: Yea or Nea?

Do you think an NFL team would try to move DeCastro to Center? Do you think it would work well?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waste of his talent IMO. He probably could play center, but I like him better at guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nay

put him at guard and watch the magic unfold. hes the type of guard that will make DTs fake injuries
Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Waste of his talent IMO. He probably could play center, but I like him better at guard.
So he'd be an A+ Guard, but a B+ center? Or could he be an A+ center still?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he would certainly make a good guard and centers are certainly more valuable than guards.

Unfortunately I think at guard he has a chance to be a top 5 player in the league, the same may not be said by moving him to center.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mean to sound like an ignorant fool but how much difference is it? Does he just have to learn how to snap? He was snapping fine at Stanford's pro day. I know most centers do line calls but he went to stanford so I don't think intelligence is a problem.

I agree that leaving him at guard is probably best because if it isn't broke don't fix it, but is it really that much of a difference?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't mean to sound like an ignorant fool but how much difference is it? Does he just have to learn how to snap? He was snapping fine at Stanford's pro day. I know most centers do line calls but he went to stanford so I don't think intelligence is a problem.

I agree that leaving him at guard is probably best because if it isn't broke don't fix it, but is it really that much of a difference?
In most cases (specifically on passing plays) the Centers don't have a definite direction that they are blocking. They pivot and fill in based on where the rush is coming from.

As opposed to a guard who is definitely taking on the DT that is over him (4-3) or engaging in a double team (3-4)

Also, against the 3-4 they have to snap the ball and gain leverage over the big ass NT before he gets blown up. The NT lines up right over the top of him as well, so this can be difficult.

On run plays the Center will most often create the seal in the running lane, going to either side depending on which is the primary gap the RB is supposed to hit

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 04-19-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep him at RG/LG and he'll be an All Pro, why try to change that?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was awful snapping the ball at his Pro Day, so I voted no. Don't fix what isn't broken as it were. Start him at G and watch the Pro Bowls rack up.

edit: All I saw was "DeCastro at C.. yea or nea.." and not the actual poll question. He can work at C, but I'd prefer to have him at G.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-19-2012 at 01:53 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question is 'Would DeCastro work at Center?' and everyone so far has voted No? Of course he could work at center and he would be very, very good there. Yes he may be a bit better at guard because of his experience but there's no reason he couldn't play center at a very high level.
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Another thing:

I think that as a guard, he is by far the best OL regardless of position in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The question is 'Would DeCastro work at Center?' and everyone so far has voted No? Of course he could work at center and he would be very, very good there. Yes he may be a bit better at guard because of his experience but there's no reason he couldn't play center at a very high level.
Ah. Then yes, he can play center.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he snaps well and his extremely aggressive play-style fits much better at G than C; playing Center is a lot more cerebral.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep him at guard...he is one of the best guard prospects to come out in years. I actually think he tried out center at the pro day and didn't do so hot. Basically why fix something that isn't broken.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Keep him at guard...he is one of the best guard prospects to come out in years. I actually think he tried out center at the pro day and didn't do so hot. Basically why fix something that isn't broken.
What i saw of the pro day he did fine getting the ball to Luck. That in itself means nothing. When asked would he want to try center at the next level his answer was and i paraphrase, "#### no.

As for DeCastro at guard i think his strong suit is pulling and i wouldnt want to take that away from him.

On a somewhat unrelated subject for D, are the cowboys looking for a center?
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

I like him at center better than guard. As a Center I give him a mid 1st round grade. As a guard a 2nd round grade. I don't believe he has that extra "umpf" to finish his blocks and be elite an guard.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
I like him at center better than guard. As a Center I give him a mid 1st round grade. As a guard a 2nd round grade. I don't believe he has that extra "umpf" to finish his blocks and be elite an guard.
lol didnt expect to come in this thread and see this response.

how dare you, king decastro will pancake your ass for this
Old 04-19-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
Say what now?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Say what now?

Almost as strange as saying he'd have a 1st round grade as a center. Position he's never taken a snap at.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
What i saw of the pro day he did fine getting the ball to Luck. That in itself means nothing. When asked would he want to try center at the next level his answer was and i paraphrase, "#### no.

As for DeCastro at guard i think his strong suit is pulling and i wouldnt want to take that away from him.

On a somewhat unrelated subject for D, are the cowboys looking for a center?
I hope so. Don't know so. We already signed 2 OGs in FA.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Almost as strange as saying he'd have a 1st round grade as a center. Position he's never taken a snap at.
Linemen change positions from college to the NFL all the time. It's a big part of draft evaluations.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could learn to be a center but I don't think any team would do that which is why I voted no which I now know isn't what the poll was asking...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he could. The guy is incredibly smooth. I am not sure that is his best role.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said Yea, because I believe DeCastro would be a really good center in the league. But I have to agree, I'd be more inclined to leave him at his natural position.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep him at guard, although I voted center. I'm just weird that way.

Pure centers are rarer with each passing draft regardless of team after team needing them so it seems....... maybe it's b/c teams go through guards like multiple urinations after Corona cerveza. They always have mangled hands & fingers, or broken ankles

Last edited by jojo : 04-19-2012 at 07:20 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could he? Yes. Should he? NOOOOOOO.

He could probably become a solid center but he is gonna be an all pro guard. Let him stay at guard and use his pulling ability. He could be a solid option for a back up center in a pinch though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote