Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-20-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Guide Recommendation

Hey,

I often get asked what NFL Draft guides I would recommend so I wanted to throw out a plug for my buddy Frank Coyle and Draft Insiders' Digest. For those who aren't familiar with Frank, he is an old-school draftnik who has been in the business for decades. Frank has consulted for teams and has a lot of contacts around the league. You may have heard him on the "DC" Podcast too!

There are a number of different packages available but you can get almost instant access to the online version of the 2012 NFL Draft Yearbook (PDF) for just $24.95. Frank actually sent me a copy and I will definitely vouch for it. So if you are looking for a guide to buy, give Frank a shot!

Draft Insiders' Digest - 2012 NFL Draft Yearbook
http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/173

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 04-20-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
jobiwon
Rookie

jobiwon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll second that. I've gotten his books since 1999 and I love the player profiles.
jobiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been busy with work so I've just skimmed so far, but it's a really fun read.

Even mentions specific teams interested in some of the prospects.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
eagles nut
Rookie

eagles nut hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just purchased the PDF version online through PayPal. The transaction went through and I have a receipt. Do you know, Scott, if there's some trick to actually accessing the PDF version now. I've sent draftinsiders.com an e-mail of course asking this question, but wondering if you know from when you purchased it. Thanks.
eagles nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles nut View Post
I just purchased the PDF version online through PayPal. The transaction went through and I have a receipt. Do you know, Scott, if there's some trick to actually accessing the PDF version now. I've sent draftinsiders.com an e-mail of course asking this question, but wondering if you know from when you purchased it. Thanks.
I'm not sure, did you sign up with a login and password? That's how I accessed it.

Let me know if it doesn't get worked out and I'll contact Frank.

Let us know how you like it too!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
eagles nut
Rookie

I used paypal as a guest so didn't have a password for paypal. Maybe it just takes a little while for draftinsiders to send you a separate password to access it on the website.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I used paypal as a guest so didn't have a password for paypal. Maybe it just takes a little while for draftinsiders to send you a separate password to access it on the website.
My guess is you will be e-mailed login information to access it.

Probably just hasn't been processed on their end yet.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

when are you gonna put out a guide scott?

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
when are you gonna put out a guide scott?
He has. It's on draftcountdown.com
You should check it out. Pretty dope.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:55 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
He has. It's on draftcountdown.com
You should check it out. Pretty dope.
while i love the site and have been on here since '05, i have seen this site grow immensely over the years. only seems "wright" that scott would put out an actual guide on paper.... maybe im old fashioned in the way i prefer a hard-copy of something.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
eagles nut
Rookie

They e-mailed me the login information. I'm too impatient.

One thing I wonder about though is he often phrases things like "Clubs like the blank, blank, and blank are interested in X player". Does he mean those teams are actually interested and he has confirmation of this or does he simply mean that that player fits the scheme and philosophies of those teams.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like most people I was dazzled & seduced by all the color photos & slick Team Reports in Lindy's so I bought it when it came out 6 wks. ago. It has some subtle differences with other mags to which I object, e.g, in the positional player evaluations they only do a Positives/Negatives on the players ranked #4 through whatever, the top ranked guys only receive aspect detail paragraphs-sized evaluations.

I have to give honorable mention to PFW here though, b/c they come out so frequently they stay on top of breaking stories & actually track draft trends as well as in the overall NFL over time. Their rumors columns, Whispers & the Way We Heard It are excellent.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I can tell, Scott's pretty much a trailblazer in the sense that he's placing his "draft guide" on the internet for free, and making his money off of advertising. I hope that we can keep his ad revenue high enough to make the business model work.

Regarding draft guides: Ourlads. I've read it for 20 years, ever since I was a kid. It's not what it used to be, before they changed ownership, but they still produce a great draft guide. I don't think that they offer a PDF, though, so it might be too late to get it before draft day.

Frank Coyle is always insightful.

Last edited by WCH : 04-21-2012 at 11:03 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They e-mailed me the login information. I'm too impatient.

One thing I wonder about though is he often phrases things like "Clubs like the blank, blank, and blank are interested in X player". Does he mean those teams are actually interested and he has confirmation of this or does he simply mean that that player fits the scheme and philosophies of those teams.
If your quote is accurate and the context doesn't change its meaning, it suggests the former rather than the latter.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be checking this guide out for sure, I love draft guides.

As for Scott having a written piece, like a magazine, it could work, but there would have to be additional content there, or limited content on the site. I don't think a lot of people would pay to see the exact same info for free on the site.

It could work though, I think there are plenty of people here that would be willing to help out (me included) in making something work. Team by team analysis, and whatnot.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
jobiwon
Rookie

jobiwon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Eagles nut: From what i've seen, he seems to indicate teams his sources have heard that have an interest in a player. I've also have thought some was based on his opinion of what team is a good fit. I've looked back before after a draft and some were accuarate and some not. Players getting picked eary/late and trades throw it off.
jobiwon is offline   Reply With Quote