Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 03-31-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How much do you guys hate Eric Mangini

hey im a cowboy fan and my ex roommate is from cleveland and we were talkin about cleveland and a couple years ago they were actually getting turned in the right direction under romeo crennel until he got fired and mangini took over and completely blew up the team

but anyway, i wanted to know how much do guys hate him? is it on par with lebron? it seems that team is still suffering from the personnel decision from the mangini regime

tell me u guys thoughts, i'm sure some fan out there wants to hop on first take and have a some vigilante justice on him LOL
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

no one hates him

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
A.Zajac
Rookie

A.Zajac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't really have any hard feelings for that guy. In fact, I'd welcome him back over Shurmer.
A.Zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Mangini, he was a pretty good gameday coach. He never had halfway decent talent here and still got the team to play hard and they competed, especially from late 2009 to 2010 until the injuries piled up. The only reason I say we fired him is b/c he didn't fit into Holmgren's plans (since Lerner hired him before Holmgren like a bonehead). The W-L record was just an excuse to fire him, no other coach would've won more games during his stint with the roster he had.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting...I too, like Eric Mangini. I really enjoyed him when Holmgren and Heckert showed up because he opened up a little and had a capable people handling stuff that he was overextending himself on before.

I really like seeing him on ESPN, he's insightful and well spoken, although it rarely happens because I can't stand ESPN...
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have liked both Romeo and Eric. I was against their firing and I wish we had some sort of stability where we can actually give a 5 year plan a go.

Another misconception is the hatred for Braylon Edwards. He's not hated, people were just disappointed with his play. Cleveland is almost full on their hate with Modell and James.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
initial_flo
Rookie

initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.initial_flo is so money.

I was never really a fan of his.

Most of the players he had on those Browns teams were basically his hand picked players.

Jets rejects, Robiskie, Massaqoui, everyones favorite pass rusher David Veikune, and more Jets rejects.

It was more adhere to the system or else nonsense imo.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
diemertsdawgs
Rookie

diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs

I like Mangini and think he could have turned this team iknto a winner if given more time and able to bring in talent of his choice. The front office always seems to blow things up or mess with things when they should leave them alone.
diemertsdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow after lookin at all the answers i kinda surprised u guys would prefer still have mangini. i know shurmur looked more than overwhelmed this (especially that thursday night game post game conference) but i thought most of you would have given mangini a lion share of the blame for the fact that the browns have the worst collection of offensive skill players in the league.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can put me down as a Mangini hater. His trades and draft picks left this team even more devoid of talent than what he started with. Lerner should have never given such an inexperienced HC, control of trades and draft picks. It was a disaster made to order.
I was a strong supporter of Crennel and as I predicted, his firing did zero for this team and we have gone backward ever since.
So far, I'm losing confidence in our current management team as well. Holmgren's failure to obtain St.Louis's 2nd pick in the draft, has left me cold on the Holmgren/Heckery team. He's been in charge for 3 drafts and we are looking at between 2 and 6 wins next season with no future in sight.
In the end, I think the blame rests on Lerner's shoulders, he after all, hires these incompetents time after time.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
You can put me down as a Mangini hater. His trades and draft picks left this team even more devoid of talent than what he started with. Lerner should have never given such an inexperienced HC, control of trades and draft picks. It was a disaster made to order.
I was a strong supporter of Crennel and as I predicted, his firing did zero for this team and we have gone backward ever since.
So far, I'm losing confidence in our current management team as well. Holmgren's failure to obtain St.Louis's 2nd pick in the draft, has left me cold on the Holmgren/Heckery team. He's been in charge for 3 drafts and we are looking at between 2 and 6 wins next season with no future in sight.
In the end, I think the blame rests on Lerner's shoulders, he after all, hires these incompetents time after time.
Gasp, You've been sleeping with another team. I feel betrayed.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
wow after lookin at all the answers i kinda surprised u guys would prefer still have mangini. i know shurmur looked more than overwhelmed this (especially that thursday night game post game conference) but i thought most of you would have given mangini a lion share of the blame for the fact that the browns have the worst collection of offensive skill players in the league.
I would definitely blame him for the talent level, but at the same time I'd say he never should have been given that responsibility in the first place.

I find it difficult to say, but I actually agree with IAC that the blame is on Lerner for that. Although, I think it's a mistake that he won't make again and I don't hate him for it like IAC does.

So long story short, I think Mangini is a very good coach but a bad GM.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
i dont think holmgren's incompetent
Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 AM    (permalink
PickedOffTwice
Rookie

PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.

I do not hate Eric Mangini. In fact I liked his approach as a coach very much. His firing seemed to me very unfair because at that moment I think the team was on the right track. It was just that the record didn't reflect it.

But the real reason, of course, was Holmgren wanting to fill every position with his guys. And his most questionable hire (as of now) is by far Pat Shurmur.

IMO Mangini should have gotten one or two more seasons with the company of a GM like Heckert. GM duties weren's his strongest side. Also he should have admitted a mistake in hiring Brian Daboll as OC...

That said he is a very good football mind and wherever I see him he seems to be a modest guy, too. As a pure HC I think he is very good. I hope he gets a shot somewhere else in the near future.

You can look into the Browns Forum here and see that I wrote quite long posts in favour of Eric Mangini, back when he was not very popular among Cleveland Fans. Can't blame you if you don't ;-)
PickedOffTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never had the feeling Browns fans hated him. He just wasn't HC'ing material in my humble opinion. If he had stuck to washing uniforms maybe he would have become head equipment manager or something though. Rod Woodson hit the nail on the head when he said on NFL Network a couple of years ago that Mangini is not a leader of men. It's like any job, some people have the specialized leadership skills for that particular job, and some don't. Mangini as a HC was not a fit. And his inability to recognize had bad Daboll was as OC, was truly a mark against him.

I will give him credit though for being wise enough to trade down two or three times, and picking up Alex Mack, one of the best centers in the league now.

I'm glad he's not our HC any longer, but still not convinced Shurmur is the answer either.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow. You wanted MH and TH to beat what Washington gave to St. Louis for the #2 pick? The Redskins gave up far too much, not to mention, Dan Snyder was not going to be outbid, because he makes horrible decisions.

This will be their 3rd draft, but they've only actually had two so far. They've been smart enough to stockpile draft picks to use this year, and will end up with some quality players. I highly doubt they trade down from #4, so will most likely end up with either our starting RB or CB, and at #22 & #37 will end up with two more starters, one probably being a WR.

I see a bright future for the team, but it may not be until 2013 when it really starts showing in wins.

MH and TH have done an outstanding job when it comes to the draft. Our D-line is much better with Phil Taylor and Jabaal Sheard, and getting Haden the previous year was key as well.

They didn't do much in FA, but they did solidify the other DE end spot opposite Sheard.

Still alot of work to do especially on offense and overall depth, but the process takes time. Fans and the media don't like to hear that, but there's no way around it. The Tony Rizzos of the world need to learn to be patient, or risk having a heart attack from blowing a gasket after every loss, or personnel move the team makes or doesn't make.

I agree with alot of what you post Iamcanadian, but disagree strongly on your MH/TH take.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Wow. You wanted MH and TH to beat what Washington gave to St. Louis for the #2 pick? The Redskins gave up far too much, not to mention, Dan Snyder was not going to be outbid, because he makes horrible decisions.

This will be their 3rd draft, but they've only actually had two so far. They've been smart enough to stockpile draft picks to use this year, and will end up with some quality players. I highly doubt they trade down from #4, so will most likely end up with either our starting RB or CB, and at #22 & #37 will end up with two more starters, one probably being a WR.

I see a bright future for the team, but it may not be until 2013 when it really starts showing in wins.

MH and TH have done an outstanding job when it comes to the draft. Our D-line is much better with Phil Taylor and Jabaal Sheard, and getting Haden the previous year was key as well.

They didn't do much in FA, but they did solidify the other DE end spot opposite Sheard.

Still alot of work to do especially on offense and overall depth, but the process takes time. Fans and the media don't like to hear that, but there's no way around it. The Tony Rizzos of the world need to learn to be patient, or risk having a heart attack from blowing a gasket after every loss, or personnel move the team makes or doesn't make.

I agree with alot of what you post Iamcanadian, but disagree strongly on your MH/TH take.
Well, I think they stockpiled picks this year to get a franchise QB(that is what Holmgren led us to believe) but failed and what guarantee is there that we get one next year with even less picks to offer and likely win around 6 games with better personnel. The cost of moving up next year for a lessor prospect than RG111 will be even more costly IMO, so there is zero guarantee that we get a top franchise QB prospect next year, so how long do we have to be patient?
Most rebuilt franchises take 3 years to assemble, now we are looking at 4 years with zero guarantee we will get our franchise QB in next year's draft. How long are you prepared to give TH/MH to find a franchise QB because until we get one, our beloved Brown's have no future?

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-22-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

Sure, we do need a franchise QB, or at the very least one better than McCoy. I actually like McCoy but more as a backup, and think we need to find a better starter, as most Browns fans do. Now, finding that franchise QB is tricky business, but what the Redskins gave up for RG3 I believe was too much and will hurt their franchise.

You asked how long I'm willing to wait for them to find our QB, and all's I can say is as long as it takes until one's available to us either in the draft, free agency, or even in a trade provided it's for a fair price. It's hard for Browns fans to accept, but good starting QB's are very hard to find. I'm not even convinced RG3 will be as good as many people believe at this point.

I recorded a few of last season's games on DVR and watched 3 or 4 back last month. Two of the games was against Pittsburgh, and McCoy actually looked halfway decent. If we would have had a running game and receivers would have caught more of the catchable passes, we probably would not be picking #4. I can't blame McCoy for that. Not to mention he didn't have good WR's to throw to, and he lost confidence in them.

I'm not saying Colt's going to turn into Montana, but he may end up looking much better than he did last year. A 1st round RB and WR will give Colt the opportunity to look much better at QB. He needs to improve too, not saying he doesn't, but until we can find a better one that doesn't come at too steep a price, I'm ok with starting Colt.

Brad Childress should help the offense as well.

Last edited by OhioJB : 04-22-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Sure, we do need a franchise QB, or at the very least one better than McCoy. I actually like McCoy but more as a backup, and think we need to find a better starter, as most Browns fans do. Now, finding that franchise QB is tricky business, but what the Redskins gave up for RG3 I believe was too much and will hurt their franchise.

You asked how long I'm willing to wait for them to find our QB, and all's I can say is as long as it takes until one's available to us either in the draft, free agency, or even in a trade provided it's for a fair price. It's hard for Browns fans to accept, but good starting QB's are very hard to find. I'm not even convinced RG3 will be as good as many people believe at this point.

I recorded a few of last season's games on DVR and watched 3 or 4 back last month. Two of the games was against Pittsburgh, and McCoy actually looked halfway decent. If we would have had a running game and receivers would have caught more of the catchable passes, we probably would not be picking #4. I can't blame McCoy for that. Not to mention he didn't have good WR's to throw to, and he lost confidence in them.

I'm not saying Colt's going to turn into Montana, but he may end up looking much better than he did last year. A 1st round RB and WR will give Colt the opportunity to look much better at QB. He needs to improve too, not saying he doesn't, but until we can find a better one that doesn't come at too steep a price, I'm ok with starting Colt.

Brad Childress should help the offense as well.
I don't think they hurt their franchise one bit and I'm willing to bet they are a serious Super Bowl contender within 3 seasons while we are still looking at between 2 and 6 wins. Even Holmgren has said that McCoy must be replaced before we even smell the playoffs although not in those exact words.
We've been looking for a franchise QB for how long now and whose to say we won't have to wait that many years again. It's a sad thought but unfortunately it is totally realistic. The Washington/Rams trade has set the price for moving up 4 spots and next year we may well win 6 games and be drafting 9th or 10th and have to pay the price to move up say 8 or 9 spots. How much do you think that is going to cost? We will all look back and say in the end, that Washington got a steal by acquiring RG111.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Well, I think they stockpiled picks this year to get a franchise QB(that is what Holmgren led us to believe) but failed and what guarantee is there that we get one next year with even less picks to offer and likely win around 6 games with better personnel. The cost of moving up next year for a lessor prospect than RG111 will be even more costly IMO, so there is zero guarantee that we get a top franchise QB prospect next year, so how long do we have to be patient?
Most rebuilt franchises take 3 years to assemble, now we are looking at 4 years with zero guarantee we will get our franchise QB in next year's draft. How long are you prepared to give TH/MH to find a franchise QB because until we get one, our beloved Brown's have no future?
I don't the browns have the talent overall to absorb that type of trade. Washington had money to go out and young but experienced players to put around rg3 to replace the lost draft picks. Honestly imo Washington was qb away from being a playoff contending team, cleveland isnt quite there yet