Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The 7th Pick Of The Draft Will Be...

For the sake of the discussion, let's say that nobody trades up and the first six players off the board, as usually predicted, are: Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Richardson, MoCla, and Blackmon. In any order.

Who do the Jaguars take at #7?

This is an especially tough call because the Jags work off their own board as much as any team in the league (Tyson Aluala, 10th Overall Pick). I'm tempted to say Floyd, but it's important to remember the Jags are HUGE on "high character" guys and they might have him off their board because of his alcohol issues.

I'm going to go against the grain a bit and say it'll be Mark Barron. It's a mini-reach, but nobody thinks he'll last past #14, so it's not unreasonable. They haven't had an impact safety since Carnell Lake. Reggie Nelson was a bust, but Barron is solid in all the ways Nelson was lacking.

Who are you thinking?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety isn't a need. Especially strong.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should take Michael Floyd and not look back.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dark horse pick.... Chandler Jones
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hot picks for the Jags seem to be Fletcher Cox and Stephon Gilmore. I can't decide who to give them in my mock.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever I do, I don't take a position without an elite player at it, especially when I could get a similar quality player at the top of the second.

I don't really know enough about Jacksonville, but some feel like Fletcher Cox could be a lot better DT than people let on. He'd be an ideal 43 DT and maybe even a 5 tech if Jacksonville wanted to change things up. Fletcher Cox is a top 10 pick (caliber player) and may go to the Rams at 6.

I also think Floyd is the best receiver, but this is a deep receiver class. I think you could get guys in the 3rd and 4th that develop into #1s. Stephen Hill is an option, as much of a reach as that might seem.

Whatever I do, I'm not taking a guy in the top 10 that doesn't scream "pro bowl for 10+ years" in the top 10.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the Jags could very well trade down to a team that wants Fletcher Cox or Melvin Ingram bad enough and willing to pay up. theres still impact defensive talent in the middle of the first round for Jacksonville to add to ther unit.

and Mark Barron is by no means a lock to the Cowboys, especially if Quinton Coples and/or Dontario Poe are still on the board. Jerry Jones will have his way on draft day, whatever that may be.
"Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead."
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 7th pick will be Ryan Tannehill, but it won't be to the Jags.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags are desperate to trade out, so I think they'll take less than market value to move down.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Jags are desperate to trade out, so I think they'll take less than market value to move down.
They won't have to take less if Tannehill goes to 7. Everyone will be begging to get into that spot ahead of Miami.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They won't have to take less if Tannehill goes to 7. Everyone will be begging to get into that spot ahead of Miami.
I'm not even sold that Miami would taken Tannehill.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It's just as likely that someone could trade up for Blackmon if the Rams pass on him.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think its more likely a team would move up to get Blackmon. The Tannehill steam seems to be calming down a bit...
Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be Cox. I am not sure who will take him.

Second choice Tannehill. Iam ....

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Dont be too sure. Trading up to #7 is a long ways. The teams with obvious reason for interest are KC, Seattle, Philadelphia and possibly Dallas. Book value for the Chiefs is #11, plus their 3rd and 5th. Dallas and Philly would need to pony their 2nd. If Miami passes on him, trading to #9 is a lot easier.

Also, the contract rules for picks 1-10 are a lot more expensive than picks 11-32.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There seems to be a general consensus that there are 6 possible elite players in the draft so pick #7 is obviously wide open and I believe a trade is practically impossible for the Jags to obtain.
There are at least 7 to 10 guys who are all carrying a similar grade following the top 6 and there is no clear cut player for #7.
I think they will take Floyd because they are pretty desperate for a #1 WR and their GM certainly doesn't have a reputation as a solid drafter so who can really tell who the heck he will pick. All you can do is guess with so many choices available to him.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with them adding Laurent Robinson and Lee Evans this offseason, I gave them Floyd in my mock as I think they need to give Gabbert (or his successor) every possible opportunity to succeed.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post
Even with them adding Laurent Robinson and Lee Evans this offseason, I gave them Floyd in my mock as I think they need to give Gabbert (or his successor) every possible opportunity to succeed.
And that would be the correct choice for them.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how badly Jacksonville needs a DT, but I wouldn't pass up Cox at #7. He'd be the best player left if the top six plays out like that.

Gilmore has been rumored as a likely pick. Mecilus is also a possibility to consider.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Blackmon. Yeah, I said it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Justin Blackmon. Yeah, I said it.
While the premise of the thread had him off the board, I agree. I think ultimately Cox is the pick at six.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
While the premise of the thread had him off the board, I agree. I think ultimately Cox is the pick at six.
That's what I get for glancing through on the "red eye" if you're pickin up what I'm putting down. That lack of reading comprehension was brought to you by 'Janoris Jenkins' character concerns' without the children. Yes, pot.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 04-22-2012 at 01:25 AM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Donkey Punch
Rookie

Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.

They trade down if possible and someone jumps up for Fletcher Cox.
If they stand pat, they pick Stephon Gillmore.
Donkey Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All i kept hearing all last year was the Jags had no receivers, has to be Floyd.

On a somewhat related topic my Seahawks just barfed.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say Trent Richardson goes 7th, but not to the Jags.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote