Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-23-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is so awesome to see these up and coming American goaltenders. I'm definitely pumped for Winter 2014.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Over/Under 12 goals scored in the series?
Seven games that go scoreless into overtime?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the yotes win, it will be st louis, phoenix, nashville and Los angeles out of the west... Bettemen will be psyched!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
If the yotes win, it will be st louis, phoenix, nashville and Los angeles out of the west... Bettemen will be psyched!
Add Ottawa and Florida to the mix and the excitement continues ...
Old 04-23-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

More and more people are starting to think Lidstrom is retiring. THAT, folks, will mark the end of the Red Wings' current "dynasty."

They won't miss the playoffs or anything, but damn, it could be a rough transition for two years.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
More and more people are starting to think Lidstrom is retiring. THAT, folks, will mark the end of the Red Wings' current "dynasty."

They won't miss the playoffs or anything, but damn, it could be a rough transition for two years.
Well, you've had a great 20 years.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Well, you've had a great 20 years.
A small part of me wishes the Wings could be lousy for 2 years, grab some elite prospects with high draft picks, and then be back.

All this winning isn't as great as you'd think when you know for certain you won't win the Cup despite having a contending team.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

die in a fire please

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A small part of me wishes the Wings could be lousy for 2 years, grab some elite prospects with high draft picks, and then be back.
I wish it worked that way.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
die in a fire please
This directed at me?

If so, I have Sammie Lee Hill to save me.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wings couldn't miss the playoffs if they tried haha.

In all seriousness though, they're a top 6 forward away from a division title again. It's not like they aren't a talented team. They're aging, but I could easily see them finishing ahead of St. Louis next year.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...sson-returning

Alfredsson's back in the lineup tonight. Big boost for the Senators
Old 04-23-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post

In all seriousness though, they're a top 6 forward away from a division title again. It's not like they aren't a talented team. They're aging, but I could easily see them finishing ahead of St. Louis next year.
They are Zach Parise away from a possible title. If Lidstrom retires, the Blues are still definitely better and the Preds too if they don't lose all of what they acquired at the trade deadline.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't know. The Blues have a damn good, well built young team. They should pretty much just be getting better for the next 4-5 years (unless they end up in a Hawks-like cap hell), whereas the Wings are supposed to be on the decline.

Though, even after their unbelievable year, I can't trust Halak and Elliott on a consistent, year-to-year basis.

Last edited by Job Reborn : 04-23-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't think the Wings are due for any decline. They'll be steady in the 4th through 6th range in the West where they're at now.

People continue to say they're too old, but they only have three players over the age of 33 right now, and at least one of them (Holmstrom) is about to retire. Nick Lidstrom's age is really irrelevant. He's a top 10-15 defenseman even at 42.

Guys like Helm, Abdelkader, Smith, Nyqvist, Ericsson, Quincey, Howard, Miller, Kindl are all young. Their prime players are all 28-33 years old, which leaves that group a big window to still win in.

Last edited by Xiomera : 04-23-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Detroit is safe just because there aren't a whole lot of teams on the upswing in the West. Colorado seems like they could be, but the conference doesn't seem very static, as far as who's playing into April. Vancouver, St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville, and Los Angeles could all conceivably compete with them in the foreseeable future. San Jose will have an interesting offseason ahead of them but shouldn't be far off, either. Phoenix should do about as well as they are as long as Tippett is there. I could see Detroit being a low seed in the next couple years, especially without Lidstrom, but there are so many variables to be seen, and the atmosphere is just too good there for me to feel like they'll ever really fall off.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Quote:
I don't know. The Blues have a damn good, well built young team. They should pretty much just be getting better for the next 4-5 years (unless they end up in a Hawks-like cap hell), whereas the Wings are supposed to be on the decline.

Though, even after their unbelievable year, I can't trust Halak and Elliott on a consistent, year-to-year basis.
I'm probably not giving the Blues enough credit, but it felt like they kinda overachieved this year. They got hot at the right time and rode it as long as they could and I kinda feel like they are the equivilent of the Lightning last year, a playoff team that will drop off next year. I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, they have a great young nucleus and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they won again, but I could easily see Detroit winning the division again next year. Part of this is probably the fact that Howard is a much better and consistant goalie than Halak and Elliott are.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think the Wings are due for any decline. They'll be steady in the 4th through 6th range in the West where they're at now.

People continue to say they're too old, but they only have three players over the age of 33 right now, and at least one of them (Holmstrom) is about to retire. Nick Lidstrom's age is really irrelevant. He's a top 10-15 defenseman even at 42.

Guys like Helm, Abdelkader, Smith, Nyqvist, Ericsson, Quincey, Howard, Miller, Kindl are all young. Their prime players are all 28-33 years old, which leaves that group a big window to still win in.
The fact that two important players are about to retire is exactly why they're on the decline.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm probably not giving the Blues enough credit, but it felt like they kinda overachieved this year. They got hot at the right time and rode it as long as they could and I kinda feel like they are the equivilent of the Lightning last year, a playoff team that will drop off next year. I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, they have a great young nucleus and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they won again, but I could easily see Detroit winning the division again next year. Part of this is probably the fact that Howard is a much better and consistant goalie than Halak and Elliott are.
They were like the Lightning two years ago when they had a surprisingly good season. Now they're legit.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hiring a masterful coach should not be mistaken for getting hot at the right time. That young core is only getting better, and they didn't even have Steen or McDonald (sooo underrated, but missing time is to be expected) for much of the year.

I don't disagree that Detroit could be back on top next year, even if I disagree with the goalie comparison. But there's plenty of reason to believe in the Blues' prolonged legitimacy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
The fact that two important players are about to retire is exactly why they're on the decline.
Lidstrom, yes. Holmstrom? He's been playing on the fourth line the last 2 seasons and his production hasn't been this low since his rookie season basically.

Replacing him is a net-positive at this point. As much as he's been awesome for years and years.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

I find it hard to believe that Lidstrom will actually retire, especially when he stills plays at an high level. Playing 20 years is amazing, but playing 70+ games in each season but one is really impressive.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that Lidstrom will actually retire, especially when he stills plays at an high level. Playing 20 years is amazing, but playing 70+ games in each season but one is really impressive.
It all makes logical sense, but Lidstrom has gone year-to-year on retirement seemingly forever. He has four sons and there has always been talk that he wanted to move them all back to Sweden (and I think he already has his oldest son back over there).
Old 04-23-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good start from the Hawks, just couldn't dent the net.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how serious the Klesla injury is?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote