Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-21-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go ESPN the first night, then to NFLN the others.

Reasoning, I will be at my apartment that only has ESPN, then will be at a friends that has NFLN and will watch it on that
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
ron292120
Rookie

ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I have Time Warner and do not get NFLN, I will probably tape ESPN so I can fast forward afterward and just get the "expert" reaction and not the other fluff. I will watch the NFLN online live, because I like most want the drama of not knowing before announced. Im in my early 40s and I remember when the draft was on Tuesday mornings, and I would be allowed to skip school to watch it. The best part was the surprise Jeff Lageman picks and then listening to Mel rip it apart. Its not the same without the shock factor. Either that, or I am just getting old....
ron292120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron292120 View Post
Since I have Time Warner and do not get NFLN, I will probably tape ESPN so I can fast forward afterward and just get the "expert" reaction and not the other fluff. I will watch the NFLN online live, because I like most want the drama of not knowing before announced. Im in my early 40s and I remember when the draft was on Tuesday mornings, and I would be allowed to skip school to watch it. The best part was the surprise Jeff Lageman picks and then listening to Mel rip it apart. Its not the same without the shock factor. Either that, or I am just getting old....
You're like....older than CJ....

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah . . . And I LOVE ESPN's sound they play when I pick is in.

I get goosebumps every time.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll watch NFLN but during their ads I'll switch to ESPN, I cannot stand ads so switching is the better option for me.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFLN to hear Mayock.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
Oh yeah . . . And I LOVE ESPN's sound they play when I pick is in.

I get goosebumps every time.
I love that damn sound too!!!
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Eisen was trying to get encourage teams not to call the players before the pick is in but I doubt this is going to happen. Will NFLN just not be showing these phone calls or is this all conjecture at this point?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Merril Hodge gets a bad rep as well. He's always an idiot...until he's right. Then we ignore him and just harp on how dumb he is.
I remember in 2006 he got bashed pretty hard because he said he wouldn't touch Vince Young or Matt Lienart in the 1st round and the only Quarterback worth taking was Jay Cutler.........at the time everyone (me included) was like, ok this guy's a moron.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:53 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread convinced me to watch ESPN for day 1 instead of making the conversion to NFL. Definitely going NFL day 3; day 2 is up in the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
NFLN (10char)
This is a perfect time for me to point out my new pet peeve about this board. Overuse of (10char). You could have easily just said NFL Network and left it at that. I demand you edit your post immediately.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
This is a perfect time for me to point out my new pet peeve about this board. Overuse of (10char). You could have easily just said NFL Network and left it at that. I demand you edit your post immediately.
I hate that, too. If I can't think of a way to use 10 characters, I give up and don't post.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post

Agree (10char)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks. (10 char)
Old 04-22-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably ESPN for me. I'll record both on DVR, and watch NFL Network's coverage the following week. The past couple of years I've gone back and forth, but wont do that this time around. It's too helter skelter and the commercial breaks give me the opportunity to get other things done. Plus, I ended up not watching the recording of NFL Network because I knew I had watched parts of it already, so wouldn't enjoy it as much.

I started watching the draft in 1990 when I got out of the military. I couldn't watch it while in high school because my mother thought cable tv was an unnecessary expense, and was stationed overseas for a few years after high school.

But when I was able to finally to watch it on ESPN I was hooked. Had to watch every second possible. Loved the way ESPN took the draft serious, had reporters at several different team locations, and they gave Kiper plenty of time to analyze the players and picks. And I though Berman did an excellent job.

Now with two networks covering it, neither seems capable of doing as good of a job as ESPN used to do. They kind of get in each other's way and don't have as much space to work with as ESPN used to. Plus, ESPN's draft coverage isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. Berman doesn't seem to have the energy and enthusiasm he used to have for it, Kiper often looks like he just ate rotten eggs because he doesn't get as much time to explain his reasoning as he'd like, and some of the people they've had sitting with Kiper and Berman make me want to change it to NFL Network. Hopefully their coverage will be better this year.

And NFL Network looks like they've been relegated to the children's table at Thanksgiving dinner. And they seem to get on each others nerves by the end of the day, especially on Saturday's coverage. The camera trick that changes the size of their heads is pretty funny though. I like Eisen, put have to admit he gets on my nerves sometimes. Paul Bermeister would be a better choice as their lead.

In the future I'd like to see just NFL Network cover it, with ESPN getting paid to loan Kiper to them. Would be interesting seeing some back and forth between Mayock and Kiper. With one network covering the draft they'd be able to greatly improve the coverage, if they do it right.

Last edited by OhioJB : 04-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Donkey Punch
Rookie

Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.

I'm traveling for work and will be in a hotel that doesn't have the NFL Network so ESPN by default. I'll DVR the NFL broadcast to watch later.
Donkey Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Usually I'd watch ESPN, but with NFL Network saying they will no longer tip the picks they will get my view.
This is not correct. During Rich Eisen's last podcast he stated that although he in conjunction with some NFLN executives tried to make it a policy not to tip the picks, that they did not succeed.....NFLN and ESPN will both be tipping the picks this year as usual.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN....it's all I got unfortunately.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

I like the way NFL.com does it. Updates really quick. If I remember correctly they had some trades updated on the website before they were announced on TV.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably watch ESPN and have NFLN up on the PC (10characters).
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here in the UK, the Draft isn't on TV - contract negotiations still going on or some such rubbish. So will be stuck with NFL Network online.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFLN via the NFL.com live stream. I believe it's free again this year.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Three Words: MEL. KIPER. JUNIOR.

I record both and re-watch though.
THIS. Plus there is nostalgia attached to watched Kiper on ESPN. During commercials I'll switch to whichever one is on.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Will watch NFL Network on NFL.com.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote