Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
"With the 9th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...David DeCastro, Guard, from Stanford University."
If we trade back at all and don't draft Floyd should he be there I will extremely pissed.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 2nd to last Mock draft.....

* Rams trade 1st round selection (6th overall) to Miami for their 1st round selection (8th overall) and 3rd round selection (73rd overall)

- I know Miami and St. Louis more than likely will not trade, but it does make sense. Miami needs a Quarterback, they could feel a bit of pressure because they've swung and missed on signal callers in Free Agency. They could very well just sit back and nab him with the 8th overall selection, but if they fear a team jumping a head of them, a trade up isn't a bad idea. Plus they have two third round picks (72 and 73 overall)

1st Round - Michael Floyd WR, Notre Dame
- I've been hearing that half the teams have Blackmon ranked as the #1 Receiver in this draft and the other half has Floyd as the #1. Both players are going to be instant starters and either player would instantly be the Rams go-to Receiver. Love Floyd's ball skills, would finally give the Rams a threat in the deep passing game, something they haven't had in St. Louis consistantly since a Healthy Knee version of Torry Holt.

Other Options: Fletcher Cox DT, Riley Reiff OT

2nd Round - Janoris Jenkins CB
- If the draft rumors are true and this guy does indeed fall into the 2nd round, it is an absolute steal. I don't think he will, but hey it's a mock draft. He's arguably a top 10 talent and arguably the best coverage corner in the entire draft, and yes that includes Morris Claiborne.

2nd Round - Lavonte David LB, Nebraska
- Lavonte could be a terrific Weakside Linebacker. With the additions of Dunbar and Lavonte, with James in the Middle, it really turns one of our weakest positions into one of our strengths IMO.

3rd Round - Brandon Thompson DT, Clemson
- I like what the Rams have done so far at the Defensive Tackle position with the additions of Kendal Langford and Trevor Laws and now you add a BIG guy in Thompson to really be your run stuffer. A line of Quinn-Langford-Thompson-Long is pretty damn exciting to think about.

3rd Round - AJ Jenkins WR, Illinois
- Jenkins has been one of my favorite prospects all season, I really think he is worth a 2nd round selection. We need to find Bradford as many weapons as we can and with the Addition of Jenkins, Floyd and Steve Smith the receiving core all of a sudden doesn't look so bad. Guys like Austin Pettis, Brandon Gibson and Danario Alexander could be in trouble.

4th Round - Ronnie Hillman RB, San Diego State

- Love, Love, Love me some Ronnie Hillman!! Gives the Rams a dynamic playmaker in the backfield. Might not ever develop into a #1 running back, but would be a exellent backup to Steven Jackson.

6th Round - Ryan Miller OG, Colorado
- I'm pretty confident with the Rams Offensive Line and I know to some that might sound crazy but IMO Saffold, Wells and Dahl are locks and I still have faith in Jason Smith. If Smith is healthy I think he can be a very good Right Tackle for us and I like what the Rams have done this offseason adding a few players to really increase the depth throughout the line in case something happens with Smith. Miller would continue that.

7th Round - Russell Wilson QB, Wisconsin
- Probably will be off the board at this point, I have him as a mid-4th round selection. But with his 5'11 frame, it could scare teams off and push him down a lot. I've always been impressed with Wilson, seems to be a very intellegent signal caller that has a lot of the tools to have success at the next level.

7th Round - Miles Burris LB, San Diego State
- My friend actually told me about Burris, he's been growing on me and I think he could actually make the final 53. Probably best suited for strong side Linebacker in a 43, and with the possibility of Dunbar getting suspended I figured why not try and get as much competition as you can on the 2nd string unit.

UDFA - Bryce Brown RB, Kansas State
UDFA - Dan Hoch OT, Missouri
UDFA - Vontaze Burfict LB, Arizona State
UDFA - Lionel Smith CB, Texas A&M
UDFA - Ryan Tydlacka P, Kentucky
UDFA - Jerron McMillian SS, Maine
Old 04-17-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with NGSeiler...I don't see 5 WR going in the 1st round and someone from the group of Blackmon/Floyd/Wright/Hill/Randle would be there in the 2nd. With rumors coming out that the Rams really like Richardson, maybe we don't have our hearts set on Blackmon? Or maybe we are trying to sell that notion so that someone ahead of us takes him to ensure that Blackmon is still around?

However the chips fall ahead of us, we have no control over it. We are guaranteed to have a great prospect fall to us. While I love the idea of a second trade down, and in general my philosophy is to trade down if a worthy deal presents itself, I am okay with us taking whoever is still available in the top 6. If Tannehill goes ahead of us then that would give us 2 to choose from. If not, then he becomes the trade bait. If Blackmon is gone and no one is willing to trade up for Tannehill, then we take whoever is left (Kalil/Richardson/Claiborne) and we get a hell of a player. In the worst case scenario, Blackmon and Tannehill are still there, no one wants to trade up that high for Tannehill, and we take Blackmon, who may be the least talented of the top 6 players, but probably makes the most sense for us anyway. I really don't see where we can go wrong at our position.

What I think is really awesome is that for the first time in a long time I feel like we have the staff in place to not mess it up. Not every player works out, and we will draft some players this year that do not live up to their potential, but I am very confident that this draft will be the first of many that bring in a solid group of talent rather than a bunch of duds like years past.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I think Claiborne is our guy at #6. Heck we could be sitting there with both Claiborne and Blackmon on the board if the Brownies go with Tannehill at #4, because I'm pretty sure Tampa is set on taking Richardson if he's there. If he's not then they probably take Claiborne and we take Blackmon or Floyd.

If its between Claiborne and Blackmon ill take Claiborne, and i know alot of you will disagree. But Claiborne is #4 on my big board behind Trent and the two signal callers.
You wouldn't get any argument from me. I love corners, and the idea of Claiborne and Finnegan is intriguing. To me it's one of those positions where you can't have too much talent, and in a lot of games can make the difference between getting your defense off the field or not.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, this should change nothing as far as draft plans go. I still would love a Defensive Tackle somewhere in the first 3 rounds. Maybe even the first depending on how much of a monster they think Fletcher Cox can become.

Would Cox be my #1 choice? absolutely not, but he is the 12th ranked player on my big board and I have him going 14th overall to the Cowboys, and a lot of Mock draftees have him going 9th overall to the Panthers, so it's not like it would be an incredible reach.
I must admit that this is one of those drafts where I don't necessarily like our position, and would almost rather be drafting in a lower spot. I really like a couple of guys that would make more sense in the 10-15 range, DeCastro and Cox. I am starting to understand how it is that teams end up reaching for a guy 10 or 20 picks too soon. They really like a guy, he would be a perfect fit, but you just know he won't be there in the next round. Not saying I advocate the move; but I do see how it happens and the justification behind it.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:15 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Well if Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are all picked at #6, then yeah, that scenario has me thinking. But if one of those 3 are there, we take that guy. If not, oh my goodness...
If they are all gone then Richardson would still be available, and I would be okay with that. He is a hell of a player, and no one wants to see him and Jackson together in the same backfield.

Conversely, I don't see any scenario where all three are still available.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
If we trade back at all and don't draft Floyd should he be there I will extremely pissed.
I wasn't necessarily suggesting that we take DeCastro over Floyd in that scenario, although I will admit that DeCastro is one of my favorite players in this draft. I was just relating with 8180 about those times where you lay awake at night thinking about all the possible scenarios. I'm having one of those nights tonight!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I wasn't necessarily suggesting that we take DeCastro over Floyd in that scenario, although I will admit that DeCastro is one of my favorite players in this draft. I was just relating with 8180 about those times where you lay awake at night thinking about all the possible scenarios. I'm having one of those nights tonight!
It's 6:20 a.m and I haven't been to bed yet. I'm watching NFL total access and browsing forums. Color me a loser.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Default 4 Scenarios

There has been a lot of talk about who will be available at the #6 selection; Matt Kalil, Morris claiborne, Trent Richardson, and Justin Blackmon. Without adding the distraction of other possibilities, like a possible trade down or having the choice between this guy and that guy, I thought I would submit possible scenarios for each of these guys.

Scenario #1

(6)Matt Kalil
(33)Reuben Randle/Brian Quick/Alshon Jeffery/AJ Jenkins
(39)Jerel Worthy/Brandon Thompson/Janoris Jenkins/Josh Robinson/Lavonte David

Scenario #2

(6)Morris Claiborne
(39)David Wilson/Lamar Miller/Doug Martin

Scenario #3

(6)Trent Richardson
(39)Jerel Worthy/Brandon Thompson/Janoris Jenkins/Josh Robinson/Lavonte David

Scenario #4
(6)Justin Blackmon
(33)Jerel Worthy/Brandon Thompson/Janoris Jenkins/Josh Robinson/Lavonte David
(39)David Wilson/Lamar Miller/Doug Martin
Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
It's 6:20 a.m and I haven't been to bed yet. I'm watching NFL total access and browsing forums. Color me a loser.
At least you're not alone!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My 2nd to last Mock draft.....
I don't see the Miami trade happening, but it's a mock, so let your imagination run wild. Moving back and getting Floyd is fine.

In Round Two, I'm simply not a fan of Jenkins for the Rams. I wonder if Fisher gets flashbacks of Adam Jones when he looks at him. But even if you ignore the off the field stuff, the team already has one corner who has to stand on his tiptoes to reach 5'10". I'm not thrilled at the idea of adding another, regardless of how great his coverage skills are.

David is a great pick, IMO, but I personally don't think Thompson is there in the third round. The rest of the draft looks good (like your mid rounds quite a bit), but I do believe the Rams have to go OG earlier than the sixth round as they currently have no one to start at left guard since Jacob Bell is gone (unless you count Robert Turner).

I think stlouisfan37 nailed it - the Rams are guaranteed to get a great prospect with the sixth pick, whether it's Claiborne, Richardson, Blackmon, or the unlikely one Kalil. They've traded down once and still find themselves in a great spot. Unless the offer is mind-blowing, I'd probably opt to stay put and see who is left on the board.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

HoltBruce-

I like some of your picks. While I doubt we trade down again, there is still the chance it happens. I give it a 21% chance (3x7). I think it is more likely that we trade down later in the draft and pick up another mid-rounder or two. I think we will be very aggressive, and I don't see us standing pat throughout this draft.

I like David as an immediate starter at OLB. While he is a bit undersized, he is a player through and through, can cover a lot of ground, and I can see him being a perfect fit as a "Coverbacker"...this is what I am calling the new position that we will see evolving over the next few years. It is the undersized linebacker who is able to cover fast, athletic tight ends and alleviate the mismatch that they now enjoy.

In general, I dislike Clemson players because I see a lot of them being very lazy. Thompson may be the exception. Every report I have read on him says that he has the non-stop motor that coaches love. I admittedly didn't see him play at all this year. From the tape I have watched, though, his motor was evident. He definitely needs to work on his technique, but has the tools to be very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K13m14TNvGw

I like Janoris Jenkins a lot, too, but at this point I think he is a very troubled young man. I would rather go with Josh Robinson in the 2nd or Dwight Bentley in the 3rd if we were to go heavy on defense early.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...150808952.html

For the record, though, I love TY Hilton and he would absolutely be my 3rd rounder regardless of other needs. That kid will stretch the field and teams will wish they had taken him. His speed is truly rare, and he is deadly in the open field. Has trouble with nagging injuries, mostly muscle pulls. Also has small hands and has had issues with ball security. I see him as somewhat raw, though, and solid coaching will do wonders for him. He has excellent character and is a hard worker.

I know you like Hillman a lot, but I just don't see it myself. I don't see the burst of Wilson or Miller. I think Turbin has as much burst as Hillman at 30 pounds heavier, and will be the surprise stud back from this draft. I'm sold on the Hulk. He works hard and runs harder. I'm pulling for him to have a great career wherever he lands...even Dallas. (I can't believe I just wrote that). Additionally, Jackson has over 2000 rushes and I don't see him being productive as a workhorse much longer. Having another back that can pound it between the tackles would lengthen his career.

I like Miles Burris a lot as well. I'm not sure he lasts to the 7th. I also really like the small school QB from Tenn-Chattanooga, BJ Coleman, but I think he probably goes in the 4-5 range. I think Wilson is a very talented young man, and a lot of people really like him. I'm not going to say he can't make it in the league because he is too short. However, I don't see the small, athletic QB being a Jeff Fisher kind of guy. He really liked Collins when he was in Tennessee, and I think he prefers the big, strong dropback passer.

All in all, I would be satisfied with your mock. Although I disagree here and there, I think you and I have a similar vision for the future of our team.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm developing a pretty big man crush on Russell Wilson, I hope we draft him in the 6th round, but doubt we will. I think he goes a lot higher than what people think.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

So new draft rumor is the Rams are going to take Fletcher Cox at #6.

Would it be a bad pick? absolutely not but it wouldn't be my #1 choice, and I'm sure after about 5 minutes of me being disappointed that we didn't get one of the big 5 (Floyd, Claiborne, Blackmon, Richardson, Kalil) I would probably love the potential of a Quinn-Langford-Cox-Long D-Line. What are your guys' thoughts?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Question.....is Brock Osweiler a football player or a vampire?

Or is Andrew Luck the Vampire.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So new draft rumor is the Rams are going to take Fletcher Cox at #6.

Would it be a bad pick? absolutely not but it wouldn't be my #1 choice, and I'm sure after about 5 minutes of me being disappointed that we didn't get one of the big 5 (Floyd, Claiborne, Blackmon, Richardson, Kalil) I would probably love the potential of a Quinn-Langford-Cox-Long D-Line. What are your guys' thoughts?
It certainly fills a need, and I like Cox as a prospect (hope that isn't a sig quote in the making), but I have a hard time getting behind it in terms of value.

I understand completely that guys are going to move up and down draft boards as the offseason process goes on, but in Cox we're talking about a guy who started this process as a consideration in the 20s and still appears in the 10-20 range on some boards out there.

To pass on a prospect - be it Claiborne, Blackmon, or Richardson - who has been viewed as being among the "Top Six" in this class for most if not the entire offseason, I just wouldn't feel over the moon about it.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Interesting stuff reported by Tony Softli about Morris Claiborne...

1. He's never seen a prospect with that low of a wonderlic score get drafted in the top 10.

2. Don't know if I already said this but reported a few weeks ago, Softli said there were times at LSU where Claiborne needed help lining up correctly.

Kind of makes you wonder. I love Claiborne but now I'm even hesitent.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...af08f5927.html

Quote:
For his part, veteran line coach Boudreau would like to see a more relaxed, patient Smith on the field. Boudreau can't control Smith's health. He can't coach any future concussions away. But he can improve Smith's technique and his play.

"He's a big athletic guy," Boudreau said. "What we're trying to do with him is we're going to try to change his technique a little bit. He's so intense in everything he does. He does everything in a hurry.

"I'm trying to show him some patience. And trying to get him to use his hands more than leaning into blocks. Just trying to slow him down. Trying to make the game slower by using good technique as opposed to going out and killing every guy you play.

"Because when he goes out there, if he hits (the defender), he hits him. But if he misses, it's a dead shot on the quarterback. So we're trying to get him to think a little bit more about his balance and his base, and where he is at the collision point. And not always try to go out and try to knock a guy out. Just block a guy. Don't knock him out."

The lunging, over-aggressive action by Smith to obliterate the guy in front of him gets Smith off-balance and gives the defender a free path to the quarterback. To illustrate the point, Boudreau has broken out tape of former Rams great Orlando Pace. Pace would set up in his pass-blocking stance, wait for the pass-rusher to get to him, and then lock-on. At that point it was over for the defender; he had no chance.

In post-practice remarks after Wednesday's minicamp practice, Fisher made it clear that Rodger Saffold was his left tackle and Smith was his right tackle.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:49 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I remember Smith making waves at the Combine by talking about how he wanted to physically assault his opponents on the field or something like that. Interesting to read about how that demeanor has actually negatively affected his play and how they're trying to change it.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I have a question for you guys....

Over the past few days all we've been hearing about is that the Rams are going to throw a "curveball" in this draft and select Mississippi state D-Tackle Fletcher Cox. Well, over the past few days I've been thinking....why not Luke Kuechly? Actually IMO he would be a better pick at #6 than Cox would. Just about every ranking I've seen has Kuechly as a top 10 prospect, outside linebacker is a HUGE need for the Rams.....

I'm just surprised really no one has mentioned the possibility. To me it would be a great selection, you would have a great linebacking core.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
It certainly fills a need, and I like Cox as a prospect (hope that isn't a sig quote in the making)
Ask and u shall receive!!!!

But on a serious note, IDK how I feel about taking Fletcher Cox. The only scenario I would be cool with is if it goes Luck, Griffin, Khalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne. Then, that scenario I'd be okay with taking the defensive tackle out of Mississippi State (my thats an awful last name). I love Richardson, I think he will be a stud, but for us, where our best player is the running back, I would not love taking Richardson with soooooooo many needs that we have.

But yeah, if we pass on Khalil, Blackmon, or Claiborne (thats my order of want, but I think Khalil is going to Minnesota and Claiborne will be a Buc, so I think we are going with a WR. It maybe Floyd, but I'd rather have Blackmon. But yeah I would be mad.

Last edited by yodabear : 04-24-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Evan Silva ‏
#Rams will shop Steven Jackson during draft, but $7M base in '12 & '13. So much wear on tires. S-Jax nets 4th-round pick, best case.
I don't even think we could get a 4th for him. Seriously his best value is in St. Louis.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Something I don't understand about the latest Rams rumor (Cox to Rams) is don't the Rams need a Nose Tackle? isn't Cox pretty much exactly what we signed Kendall Langford for?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Something I don't understand about the latest Rams rumor (Cox to Rams) is don't the Rams need a Nose Tackle? isn't Cox pretty much exactly what we signed Kendall Langford for?
Unless Fisher doesn't plan on utilizing a traditional nose, then yeah I don't think it's an ideal fit.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Unless Fisher doesn't plan on utilizing a traditional nose, then yeah I don't think it's an ideal fit.

Quote:
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanforaReply
Continue to hear Fletcher Cox as going very high in draft. Some teams consider jumping to 5, ahead of STL, for him.
Hmm seems like this would be the Rams hope.