Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Lol y'all are acting like idiots. Show me some damn evidence. That's all I'm saying. Everyone wants to crucify them with no evidence. Y'all just love to hate us. The Saints are so emphatic about being innocent law suits are already preparing to fly against anyone accusing them of it.
I hate being the guy that says this... But where there is smoke, there is fire. Now whether the fire burned up all the evidence or not remains to be seen, but at this point, I'd be more inclined to believe that this is true than some disgruntled former employee turning this into a federal case. You know, if you waste the government's resources over something like this, you're looking at quite a shitstorm for yourself if they find you have lied, so I doubt anyone is dumb enough to do this if it weren't true.

Sorry Bert, but right now, track record and history of character make me believe Loomis is a dirty scumbag capable of cheating like this. Perhaps more evidence comes out and proves me right. Perhaps not and we'll just be left with that suspicion, and no evidence, but after the track record the Saints organization has, I'm more inclined to believe Loomis was into some shady dealings..

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether it happened or not there is an will be 0 proof so nothing will come of this.

Quote:
On Tuesday, Kennedy, whose friendship with Loomis goes back to when he played and Loomis scouted for the Seattle Seahawks, explained why he feels that way.

"I've been with Mickey on game days since 2002,'' Kennedy said. "For a while I was an intern, learning the business, and I would be in the Saints' coaching booth for a while, but most of the time I was with him, in his booth, where he watched the games. I was watching how Mickey and [director of college scouting] Rick Reiprish [who began sitting in the box in 2004] do their jobs during the games, taking notes and keeping track of penalties and how far downfield passes go, things like that. Sometimes he'd be listening to the game through an earpiece. I knew that because at halftime or when he'd go to the bathroom, I'd pick up the earpiece and listen, and it'd be the game broadcast.

"Never once did I hear him talk about what was going on in the coaching booth with the other team. Never did I hear any evidence that we knew what was being said there. To me, the real outrage is, what advantage would it be for Mickey to hear it? He wouldn't have the time to get that information to our sidelines in time for it to have anything to do with the play on the field.
"I have been in that box for years, and I just couldn't believe it when I heard it. Shocking. No way it's true.''
Quote:
I'm told this morning the league is going to investigate the story, which is to be expected. But I also didn't get the feeling today that the league views this with anywhere near the gravitas of the New England Spygate incident, or the Saints' bounty scandal. The reason: There's no evidence, yet, that the Saints either used the device if it was installed, or benefited from it. Now, if it was installed, and that can be proven, that's serious enough, and some sanction should be forthcoming. But I think there also has to be evidence that it was used for the sanction to be serious. If there's evidence, and we have seen nothing of it yet, Loomis is in big trouble. If not, Loomis should be in the clear.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...f=twitter_feed

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 04-24-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no evidence at this point, other than human testimonial, because the NFL hasn't begun any sort of investigation. If you don't think they'll be going back and watching games from 2002-2004, interviewing former employees, seeking visual confirmation of such a headset, and all sorts of other probes, you're mistaken. Especially if the government figures out something to do about it.

Everything I've heard (from Haslett and Venturi) seem to indicate no prior knowledge of this. And I believe them. But that doesn't mean the claim is completely baseless. In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether or not the rigged headset was ever utilized. It's only the fact that it's such a gross and obvious display of negligence by a member of NFL team management.

Keep in mind, also, that Goodell plays judge, jury, and executioner. Especially when it comes to matters involving team management instead of players. As far as I know, the PA doesn't involve themselves in Mgmt issues, and there's no such union for coaches and personnel staff. So Goodell really has full reign of whether or not he feels these allegations are worthy of handing down penalties.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real problem is that through all of Loomis' bs, the people hurt the most in all this are going to be the fans when Goodell starts stripping draft picks and stuff =/
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The real problem is that through all of Loomis' bs, the people hurt the most in all this are going to be the fans when Goodell starts stripping draft picks and stuff =/
Yeah, and can you imagine if Drew Brees decides he wants to get outta town? I don't think he will, but life is full of surprises. Then you have the fans suffering and the team suffering.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There will never be any evidence because if you read the article I posted it was (if true) washed away in hurricane Katrina after the renovation.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Why wait 8 years? Makes no sense other than someone trying to gain something after piling on to the bounty **** because without it, it might not have had any legs at all.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Why wait 8 years? Makes no sense other than someone trying to gain something after piling on to the bounty **** because without it, it might not have had any legs at all.
Agreed. Saints fans are clearly hoping that this is all kicking them whilst down. There's no reason to come out with this story so long afterward. But clearly ESPN felt there was a reasonable chance that it was true, after all, they are going to be subject to an enormous slander lawsuit if this turns out to be lies.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
For now...
Nah this isn't college, they'd never strip the Super Bowl. At least they shouldn't. I hate when they strip ****, but yeah I just see Goodell laying the Suspension iron and maybe the ban hammer.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Agreed. Saints fans are clearly hoping that this is all kicking them whilst down. There's no reason to come out with this story so long afterward. But clearly ESPN felt there was a reasonable chance that it was true, after all, they are going to be subject to an enormous slander lawsuit if this turns out to be lies.
Libel.....

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Libel.....
Libel is written. This story broke on ESPN Sportscenter OSL. Not that it matters either way.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Sore loser much mate?

They beat us fair and square.

Let's be honest, every team that isn't cheating isn't trying hard enough, I'd much rather we pushed the limits and won than being a loveable loser. Plus it's not like with our recent history we can really talk about off field crap.
I will never agree with this as long as I live.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Libel is written. This story broke on ESPN Sportscenter OSL. Not that it matters either way.
I just thought it was the article. Ah well, this is what happens when you don't watch ESPN.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I will never agree with this as long as I live.
As "biased" as I am there were 2 hits on Favre that were not legal. Nothing else.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol y'all are acting like idiots. Show me some damn evidence. That's all I'm saying. Everyone wants to crucify them with no evidence. Y'all just love to hate us. The Saints are so emphatic about being innocent law suits are already preparing to fly against anyone accusing them of it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As "biased" as I am there were 2 hits on Favre that were not legal. Nothing else.
Intentionally hurting Favre. Absurd calls on replays. Phantom penalties, most notably the pass interference that wasn't that kept the game-winning drive alive.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Intentionally hurting Favre. Absurd calls on replays. Phantom penalties, most notably the pass interference that wasn't that kept the game-winning drive alive.
Lol acting like y'all didnt have "phantom" penalties.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Lol acting like y'all didnt have "phantom" penalties.
Lol acting like we did. Y'all.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bahaha, this guy is still acting like the Vikings are the ones that got the short end of the stick in that game. Get over it Prock, it's not like Favre could have beat Peyton Manning anyway, and you'd be twice as bitter and angry than you are now.

I really feel sorry for guys that spend more time hating another team than they do at liking their own team. It's a shame.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of the comments from the Saints board are hilarious:

Quote:
I'm waiting on the article on when Loomis forgot to flush the toilet after dropping the kids off to the swimming pool back in 1996.

The media is just looking for anything and everything now.
Quote:
LOL! That sure as h3ll helped us back then...

2002 9-7
2003 8-8
2004 8-8

Just imagine if him eavesdropping was actually helpful...
Quote:
Mickey Loomis once looked at someone the wrong way. THE WRONG WAY!!
Quote:
I'm watching this espn breaking news right now. Is it ever going to end? is it ever going to stop? maybe they should just completely ban the saints organization because clearly they're a bunch of screw ups. Lets just destroy the organization that has provided hope and inspiration for millions of people.

god i hate the media so much. they present these facts from anonymous sources as if there is any credit to what these sources are saying other than the fact that they know it happened. I'm calling a sports writer and saying that i know that roger goodell touches himself at night but I must remain anonymous if you are going to air it.

words can't describe how ****** i am right now. forget the NFL. I will never show support for it or espn again. I will watch the saints game and that is all.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints provided inspiration to millions of people? By what? Signing Brees in 2006? Winning football games?

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Team boards suck. Filled with homers that have rose colored goggles, and guys like Ness who feel the need to go to some other team's board, and stir the pot.

The Saints were inspirational though. Probably not to millions, given the size of GNO area.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Team boards suck. Filled with homers that have rose colored goggles, and guys like Ness who feel the need to go to some other team's board, and stir the pot.

The Saints were inspirational though. Probably not to millions, given the size of GNO area.
I just found it funny. I'm sure you can go to the 49ers board and find a bunch of knuckleheads as well. Actually I know you can.

Side note:

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints report kinda blows. I go their for news and notes though. The discussion is.... laughable.

Edit: My point is, I see your name there a LOT.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I don't think the Saints will suffer further damage for this report. It's just a rumor. The thing that hurts them is the bounty scandal and the leaked audio from Greg Williams.

You know what would be a smart move right about now? Signing Drew Brees.

Quote: