Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think he may be projecting that TB leapfrogs CLE to draft TRich at No. 3. Vikings move down to No. 5 and still get Kalil. CLE is stuck with Blackmon.

Because mocking CLE to pass on TRich for Justin Blackmon does not make any sense otherwise.
I think you are probably right, that was my thinking as well. Mayock has always been intent that Cleveland should and will draft Richardson if he falls to #4 - so either he has new intel or he is predicting the Bucs to grab TRich at 3.

That said, I would be a little surprised personally if Cleveland didn't pick Claiborne over Blackmon if Richardson goes #3. I would be very happy with Blackmon though.

Everyone and their mother thinks the Pats are gonna take Harrison Smith if they don't trade their pick. Makes too much sense.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
That's the first time I've seen Barron projected higher than 14.
Schefter tweeted today that Barron will not make it to #14.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs spending another high 1st on ANOTHER safety? I don't get it. Feels like a waste IMO. If they had to go DB with that pick it'd be better if they got a corner.

IDK. Barron at 11 seems like a bad idea, IMO, with Berry having the potential that he does and Kendrick Lewis showing some promise.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not bad, but not anything different than any of us could really do
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
How accurate has he been historically?
He's better than most. I remember in 2009 he nailed Glenn Dorsey going #5 with Matt Ryan going #3 before everyone else in his mock draft. He usually gets the top 5 or 6 picks dead on....but like everyone else knows it's a total crapshoot guessing how the draft will go after pick 10 or so.

So if he says Blackmon to CLE, Richardson to TB, Kalil to MIN, and Claiborne to STL people are turning their heads and not scoffing at it with good reason.
Jerm
Rookie

Jerm hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
The Chiefs spending another high 1st on ANOTHER safety? I don't get it. Feels like a waste IMO. If they had to go DB with that pick it'd be better if they got a corner.

IDK. Barron at 11 seems like a bad idea, IMO, with Berry having the potential that he does and Kendrick Lewis showing some promise.
But with the Chiefs playing in a division with both Rivers AND Manning now it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Also, last season the Chiefs were in the Dime over 50% of the time and I can see that number increasing next season or staying the same...in that case you could play Berry, Lewis, and Barron at once.

I'd much rather us take Barron than Poe or DeCastro, etc.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Schefter tweeted today that Barron will not make it to #14.
Been connected to Buffalo, Kansas City, and Seattle. They say Seattle wants to move Chancellor to OLB and put Barron at strong safety. I think Dallas, Philly, or New York will try to trade up and get him.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'll probably get hated on, but...I still don't see Justin Blackmon as the best WR in this class. I definitely don't see him as a game-breaking top ten pick. Michael Floyd is my #1, and I don't think he should go top ten, either.

In fact, I like a lot of the projected third round WRs more than the guys who are supposed to go in the late first/early second.

Seriously...Justin Blackmon as the #4 pick?

This year is just weird.
I think Blackmon is the #1 in the class, but I think he's more of a 10-15 range pick. I don't see Blackmon as anywhere near Dez Bryant as a prospect.

Blackmon is alot slower and smaller than people realize, he reminds me a lot of Crabtree. Huge career in the Big 12, but smaller than anticipated and not great speed
Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
But with the Chiefs playing in a division with both Rivers AND Manning now it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Also, last season the Chiefs were in the Dime over 50% of the time and I can see that number increasing next season or staying the same...in that case you could play Berry, Lewis, and Barron at once.

I'd much rather us take Barron than Poe or DeCastro, etc.
I'd rather take almost anyone else over Barron. I fully agree that S is a need, but we're talking a 3rd-5th round need. We need someone who can develop and play in a sub type of role, not a starter. Using a pick that high on a position of strength is a waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Been connected to Buffalo, Kansas City, and Seattle. They say Seattle wants to move Chancellor to OLB and put Barron at strong safety. I think Dallas, Philly, or New York will try to trade up and get him.
Woah, don't get ahead of yourself. The only time Barron has been connected to KC is in his mock. It isn't like this is a widely held belief from some inside source anywhere.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Jerm
Rookie

Jerm hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd rather take almost anyone else over Barron. I fully agree that S is a need, but we're talking a 3rd-5th round need. We need someone who can develop and play in a sub type of role, not a starter. Using a pick that high on a position of strength is a waste.
But outside of NT and maybe ILB is there any position of weakness where we could draft someone that comes in and instantly starts?

I want no part of Poe and I think both Kuechly and Cox are off the board at #11 so it puts us in a precarious position.

My mindset with the draft is different than others...I hate passing up on playmakers and possibly game changing players even if it's at a position of need.

If Barron drops to #11 maybe you trade back with a Dallas and then take Hightower.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
usually when you have a safety roam the field, the other stays back in coverage and keeps the deep option out. You cannot have barron play in-the-box and have berry run around. it would weaken your pass defense.
what in the hell are you talking about
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

The truth is, if KC really wants to draft Barron, they can make it work.

For example, Barron can start at SS and Berry FS. Berry is talented enough to play one on one against pretty much anyone unless its an elite WR. They could bring in Lewis to play.

Would it be ideal? Probably not, but if they think there's less risk of Barron busting than others, why not?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

Woah, don't get ahead of yourself. The only time Barron has been connected to KC is in his mock. It isn't like this is a widely held belief from some inside source anywhere.
I heard that the Chiefs were considering Barron before this mock came out. But regardless he has been tied to the Chiefs pick even if this mock is the only source doing so. Mayock is a helluva source anyways.

I never said the Chiefs would take him either, I just think that it's extremely likely that he goes between picks 10 and 12 based on everything coming out recently.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Pete Prisco apparently has a lot of the same ideas at Mayock. Not sure if coincidence or if they know something we don't.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/f...aft-PetePrisco
Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he may be projecting that TB leapfrogs CLE to draft TRich at No. 3. Vikings move down to No. 5 and still get Kalil. CLE is stuck with Blackmon.

Because mocking CLE to pass on TRich for Justin Blackmon does not make any sense otherwise.
Bucs were the worst team in the league by seasons end. How can they justify giving up picks to take a top 5 RB?...while already having a pretty good power back and the league moving further toward a passing trend? Butch Davis making decisions behind the scenes or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

The Bucs have their QB, WR and two complimentary WR's, TE, LT, RG, C, LG.

They have some talent at DT if they stay healthy.

They should be much improved this season
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Bucs were the worst team in the league by seasons end. How can they justify giving up picks to take a top 5 RB?...while already having a pretty good power back and the league moving further toward a passing trend? Butch Davis making decisions behind the scenes or what?
You're right. They simply cannot afford to lose the 3rd round pick it would require to get the highest impact player in the entire draft at a position of GREAT need (Blount cannot play the most important down in football, fumbles too much, and they have literally no one else on the roster).

That 3rd round pick is FAR too valuable. By staying put and adding a CB AND using that third round pick, which mathematically has a 90% chance to yield a pro bowler, the Bucs will be in MUCH better shape.

/draft picks are SEVERELY overvalued when discussing trades for prospects like Trent Richardson.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
But outside of NT and maybe ILB is there any position of weakness where we could draft someone that comes in and instantly starts?
DeCastro would instantly start. Lilja isn't a bad played by any means but he is far from great. I'm not saying they will take him but it's a high possibility.

That said outside of QB the Chiefs don't have any glaring needs, so they could do a number of different things with the pick.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shea Mcclellin looks like this years version of Clay Matthews/Brooks Reed for Patriots fans. They'll be moaning again when he goes somewhere else.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Titans pick Stephen Hill with DeCastro and Poe on the board, I will stick a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger. **** that noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
The Chiefs spending another high 1st on ANOTHER safety? I don't get it. Feels like a waste IMO.
Exactly. Pioli is smarter than that.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
If the Titans pick Stephen Hill with DeCastro and Poe on the board, I will stick a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger. **** that noise.
Your signature picture is absolutely hilarious....my all time favorite wrestler and Yoda is my nick name....that is my desktop background from this day forward.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I just can't see it happening, Hill is all potential at this point. He would be behind Britt, Washington, Williams and maybe even Hawkins right away
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think the Browns taking Trent Richardson at #4, then Stephen Hill at #22 would be a great thing for them.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right. They simply cannot afford to lose the 3rd round pick it would require to get the highest impact player in the entire draft at a position of GREAT need (Blount cannot play the most important down in football, fumbles too much, and they have literally no one else on the roster).

That 3rd round pick is FAR too valuable. By staying put and adding a CB AND using that third round pick, which mathematically has a 90% chance to yield a pro bowler, the Bucs will be in MUCH better shape.

/draft picks are SEVERELY overvalued when discussing trades for prospects like Trent Richardson.
So much nut hugging for Richardson. The dude is good no doubt but he's good at a position that has lost a lot of value. I'd rather spend that 1st on something better and use the 3rd on a serviceable RB. Its been proven you can win with a RB by committee set up.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote