Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,250
Reputation: 1142097
PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

If you're a player and you're dumb enough to listen to the media, you're dumb.
__________________


"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I watched everyone thank you very much. Sunday ticket and DVR is a beautiful thing. Not saying the defense didn't play well during that stretch too, and that they weren't good against poor competition but they were completely murdered by descent offenses. It's easy too look good against backups and guys just taking over.

Just tell me one good offense they stifled besides the Chargers 2nd game.
Figured the crickets would be chirping...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,592
Reputation: 4274500
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Figured the crickets would be chirping...
i don't think people are saying the broncos D was stifling and top 5, but it was damn good and the broncos wins were because of the defense way more than they were because of Tebow. That's the reason they won, not using fullback pass 25 times a game.
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i don't think people are saying the broncos D was stifling and top 5, but it was damn good and the broncos wins were because of the defense way more than they were because of Tebow. That's the reason they won, not using fullback pass 25 times a game.

You did watch Christian Ponder tear them a new one right? How about Brady twice? Maybe Stafford? How about Rodgers? Their D was atrocious against every team they played except for teams with crap offenses. So no their D was not "damn good". They were the complete opposite so unless they played a Cutlerless Bears team, Orton with like one week in the system, Palmer with a week in the system (Still threw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's), Sanchez, Tyler Palko, and Rivers in his funk they were mediocre at best. They were the 20th ranked D for Christ sake and probably would have been much worse if they didn't luck out and have a softer schedule due to QB injuries during that win streak.

Last edited by jsagan77 : 04-15-2012 at 04:45 PM.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,592
Reputation: 4274500
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
You did watch Christian Ponder tear them a new one right? How about Brady twice? Maybe Stafford? How about Rodgers? Their D was atrocious against every team they played except for teams with crap offenses. So no their D was not "damn good". They were the complete opposite so unless they played a Cutlerless Bears team, Orton with like one week in the system, Palmer with a week in the system (Still threw for 300+ yards and 3 TD's), Sanchez, Tyler Palko, and Rivers in his funk they were mediocre at best. They were the 20th ranked D for Christ sake and probably would have been much worse if they didn't luck out and have a softer schedule due to QB injuries during that win streak.
You do realize you just listed 3 of the best passing offenses in the league, right?

And after all this crap you just spewed, they still were more the reason for Denvers wins than Tebow was
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
You do realize you just listed 3 of the best passing offenses in the league, right?

And after all this crap you just spewed, they still were more the reason for Denvers wins than Tebow was

So because you say so? That's a good argument. This site is full of people like you and NJX who have absolutely no way to support your argument besides "Because I said so" type dross and when you can't explain something you just try to insult people or call them trolls. It's like debating with a 3 year old.



HOW were they so lights out? Why were they so good in your view? How did they
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,592
Reputation: 4274500
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
So because you say so? That's a good argument. This site is full of people like you and NJX who have absolutely no way to support your argument besides "Because I said so" type dross and when you can't explain something you just try to insult people or call them trolls. It's like debating with a 3 year old.



HOW were they so lights out? Why were they so good in your view? How did they
wait...I said they were lights out? When did I say that? You're seriously making up arguments to argue against. The fact is, Tebow is not a good NFL quarterback. You do realize that the team scored 19 points a game, right? When you're scoring 19 points a game and some how win games, then it's because of your defense.

but then again, no offense to njx, we're arguing over the success of a mediocre team that went 8-8 and made the playoffs because they played in a dogshit division, so the "success" isn't much.

you know what's really like arguing with a 3 year old? the tebow fan boys who will twist everything to make Tebow look good. everything
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
reading tends to be a massively useful skill. but if it makes you feel better, you can tell your friends you totally 'pwned' me again.
I don't need to tell anyone, they can all read.

And keep telling yourself that you're awesome despite your obvious lack of football knowledge, your inability to debate, and your severe lack of ability to present any sort of substance to back your up your opinion.

You do have an uncanny ability to spell troll though so I'm sure every ****** on here will + rep you.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
wait...I said they were lights out? When did I say that? You're seriously making up arguments to argue against. The fact is, Tebow is not a good NFL quarterback. You do realize that the team scored 19 points a game, right? When you're scoring 19 points a game and some how win games, then it's because of your defense.

but then again, no offense to njx, we're arguing over the success of a mediocre team that went 8-8 and made the playoffs because they played in a dogshit division, so the "success" isn't much.

you know what's really like arguing with a 3 year old? the tebow fan boys who will twist everything to make Tebow look good. everything
When did I ever say Tebow was a good NFL QB? You know that the defense gave up 24.4 PPG right? You know that team was one of the worst teams in the NFL prior to Tebow taking over, and they made the playoffs, right? It's not one thing or the other, it's a combination of Tebow rising to the occasion when he had to and the defense playing well against crappy opponents. How is it that the Defense had more to do with that than Tebow? I'm still waiting.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,592
Reputation: 4274500
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
When did I ever say Tebow was a good NFL QB? You know that the defense gave up 24.4 PPG right? You know that team was one of the worst teams in the NFL prior to Tebow taking over, and they made the playoffs, right? It's not one thing or the other, it's a combination of Tebow rising to the occasion when he had to and the defense playing well against crappy opponents. How is it that the Defense had more to do with that than Tebow? I'm still waiting.
so what exactly are you trying to argue then? You're calling everyone out acting all high and mighty when you're just running around in circles. The stats in PPG for the Broncos are inflated with a couple of ugly, ugly losses. They got shat on numerous times by the likes of the Pats, Packers, Lions, Bills and the ugly win against the Vikings.

But on the flip side, how about that 7-3 loss to the chiefs? the 16-13 OT win against the chargers? 18-15 OT win against miami? Scoring 10 against the Lions? come on now.

The defense had more good games and kept them in games more times than they didn't. The only time the offense bailed out the defense was Oakland, Minny and the regular season Pats loss where they scored a good amount but the D got face ****** and perhaps the chargers loss.

Perhaps, "damn good" on my part was an over-statement, but they kept the team in more games more time than the offense did, especially against mediocre defenses where the offense was just horrendous.
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

This is typical post from someone who can't 'get it'. Ur trying to argue something that mostly everyone agrees with. Id like to know what 'circles' im going in. Also im not the one that said anything about 'trolls' so i have a right to defend myself and other's point considering we knew who he was talking about.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: phoenix, arizona
Posts: 185
Reputation: 33651
elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Tebow was a terrible QB last year. Yeah he made some clutch plays, sure. But he wouldn't of had to if he wasn't so awful the first 45-55 minutes of every game. It's not like these were shoot outs either. A lot of these games he was coming up clutch it were low scoring.

As clutch as Tebow was at times, so was the defense. It seems more often than not, the entire reason why Tebow and the offense was in a position to come up clutch or to close ot a game is because the defense. So many times there was a sack, a pick, a forced fumble.. Or are we all going to forget about those plays?

Jsagan77.. I dont even see your point, and you do see to be bitching just to *****.
__________________
bill belichick quote:
stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway=goat View Post
Tebow was a terrible QB last year. Yeah he made some clutch plays, sure. But he wouldn't of had to if he wasn't so awful the first 45-55 minutes of every game. It's not like these were shoot outs either. A lot of these games he was coming up clutch it were low scoring.

As clutch as Tebow was at times, so was the defense. It seems more often than not, the entire reason why Tebow and the offense was in a position to come up clutch or to close ot a game is because the defense. So many times there was a sack, a pick, a forced fumble.. Or are we all going to forget about those plays?

Jsagan77.. I dont even see your point, and you do see to be bitching just to *****.

Not bitching at all.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,172
Reputation: 39788
the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
When did I ever say Tebow was a good NFL QB? You know that the defense gave up 24.4 PPG right? You know that team was one of the worst teams in the NFL prior to Tebow taking over, and they made the playoffs, right? It's not one thing or the other, it's a combination of Tebow rising to the occasion when he had to and the defense playing well against crappy opponents. How is it that the Defense had more to do with that than Tebow? I'm still waiting.
Well timed turnovers and well timed defensive stands. The defense was solid and showed up when it needed to bail out Tebow.

The only person that Tebow bailed out was himself. He played terribly all game, then has a halfway decent final drive (where all the passes are off target by the receiver slides for them) and everyone thinks he did an awesome job. He put the team in that situation with his sub par play. While he might have won some close games, it was his fault they were in that position.

If anyone deserves credit for making the broncos a good team, it's Colquitt and Prater. Colquitt had to punt 10 times a game because of the excessive amount of 3 and outs that Tebow committed and Prater had to hit 50 yard game deciding field goals because that's as close as Tebow could get him. The special teams deserves more credit for the teams record last year than their QB play.
__________________

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,164
Reputation: 3461560
WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I didn't realize this until I looked up Britton Colquitt's stats just now, but his father and uncle were NFL punters, his brother is an NFL punter, and he has a cousin who's a college punter.

Who would have guessed that punting would ever be a family trade.

Last edited by WCH : 04-25-2012 at 11:06 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ohhhhh yeeeaahhyya
Posts: 16,637
Reputation: 4399831
CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I didn't realize this until I looked up Britton Colquitt's stats just now, but his father and uncle were NFL punters, his brother is an NFL punter, and he has a cousin who's a college punter.

Who would have guessed that punting would ever be a family trade.
Yes. And UT could really use another Colquitt right now.

I remember watching Dustin in college and his punting actually won them a game or two.
__________________
Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
RIP themaninblack
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.