Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default Chandler Jones: Best Defensive Player in the Draft?

He is according to Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi; the former being the one who's opinion I highly value.

Both NFL Network's Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi agreed on Path to the Draft Wednesday night that Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is the best defensive player in the 2012 draft.
"I'm gonna make a statement," said Mayock. "Three years from now, I'm gonna say Chandler Jones is the best defensive player to come out of this draft." Chimed in Lombardi, "I think what Mike Mayock said is right. He is the best defensive player in the draft." Mayock recently bumped Jones to No. 9 overall in his top-100 rankings, and to No. 1 among defensive ends. Lombardi went so far as to suggest Jones could be a top-ten pick. per rotoworld.com

Very bold statement made tonight by Mayock. Should be very interesting to see how things shake up, but it's clear he's got some major upside.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jones quite a bit, but the best defensive player in this draft is obviously Kuechly.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said that about ROBERT AYERS two years ago.

I think Chandler Jones is the best DE prospect in this year's draft but there are so many outside factors (team, scheme, work ethic, luck) that will affect his (and the others) careers.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still cannot understand the hype for this guy...I think he has had the biggest pre draft jump of anyone. I guess he is tyson alualu of 2012.

Off the top of my head Keuchly, Barron, Cox, Ingram are all better than IMO.

Jones has been one of the more baffling risers in recent history.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I think Chandler Jones is the best DE prospect in this year's draft but there are so many outside factors (team, scheme, work ethic, luck) that will affect his (and the others) careers.
I was coming here to bring attention to this. Mayock is pretty solid, but he gets these guys that he way overhypes. Ayers was supposed to be the best defensive player in the draft and he has been extremely underwhelming so far.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did he happen to say why?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair Ayers was drafted to a ******** defense that didn't fit his skillset too well during a time when the organization was being run by idiots.

I used to think the Steelers were the luckiest team in the league because great prospects kept falling to them late in the first round. Then I realized, all these guys turn into great players because of the Steelers great program.

I don't think a prospect has a destiny. I think what situation he's drafted into plays a MAJOR role in how his career unfolds.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler Jones is OK,but nothing to get excited about. He does not hold a candle to Perry.

Ayers was over rated in much the way Jones is being over rated, but Ayers is better.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember months ago I had him in the 3rd round to certain teams, and got ripped for it. Now the same people are saying they want him round 1. Funny how things change.

As for Jones himself, I like him, I really do. But I just don't see it with him, I saw it with JPP a few years ago but I don't see what warrants this guy being regarded as this high. I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd round

People act like he's a physical freak, he's got long arms but that's about it. He isn't overly fast, doesn't have a great first step, doesn't have amazing strength, doesn't have great change of direction, doesn't use his hands all that well.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not sure whom is getting more over-rated Chandler Jones or Barron. I have heard barron being called better coming out then Sean Taylor even which is crazy.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda similar to the Jason Pierre-Paul situation. Jones has more upside than any other pass rusher in this draft....and it's not like there is an Eric Berry, Von Miller, or Ndamukong Suh in this draft. Claiborne, Barron, Kuechly, Coples, Cox, and Ingram are nice but they are not guys with the elite upside like the aformentioned few. Jones' skills certainly remind people of an elite DE, his best years are ahead of him.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock might have hyped Ayers a few years back but...

He is also coming off hyping the crap out of JJ Watt - the first person saying he should be top 10 easy and possible best defensive player in draft last year....and that makes Mr.Mayock look pretty damn good right now in his advice...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I remember months ago I had him in the 3rd round to certain teams, and got ripped for it. Now the same people are saying they want him round 1. Funny how things change.

As for Jones himself, I like him, I really do. But I just don't see it with him, I saw it with JPP a few years ago but I don't see what warrants this guy being regarded as this high. I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd round

People act like he's a physical freak, he's got long arms but that's about it. He isn't overly fast, doesn't have a great first step, doesn't have amazing strength, doesn't have great change of direction, doesn't use his hands all that well.
Show me who ripped you for it, and then wants him in the first round. I want names!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Cosell agrees that Jones should go highly.

And he watches tape!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Show me who ripped you for it, and then wants him in the first round. I want names!
Sorry don't have time to mess around looking for that, feel free to look through my old mocks though
Old 04-25-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wont understand this Jones hype. Ive come to terms with it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Mayock might have hyped Ayers a few years back but...

He is also coming off hyping the crap out of JJ Watt - the first person saying he should be top 10 easy and possible best defensive player in draft last year....and that makes Mr.Mayock look pretty damn good right now in his advice...
Watt was a much different prospect compared to Jones and Ayers. Much more polished and NFL ready. He already had an NFL body with some of the best technique and defensive awareness I've ever seen. Watt was supposed to have a short learning curve. Ayers and Jones are raw prospects with some risk. I haven't seen anything from Jones, but it seems unusually risky for Mayock to hype that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't say first person, I was a huge Watt fan and was hyping him since early in the season
Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His tape is impressive, but he plays against questionable talent in the Little East.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry don't have time to mess around looking for that, feel free to look through my old mocks though
Found it. Nobody ripped you, it sounded to me like the guy wasn't sure who Chandler Jones was and just didn't want a DE for his team. He doesn't rip you at all though and doesn't even mention Jones' skillset as for the reason the pick is bad.

Here's the quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvikefan89 View Post
Vikings do not need a DE in round 3. We already have the problem of trying to get Everson Griffen more playing time with Allen/Robison as starters. Give us Harrison Smith there and it's a great Vikings draft.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Found it. Nobody ripped you, it sounded to me like the guy wasn't sure who Chandler Jones was and just didn't want a DE for his team. He doesn't rip you at all though and doesn't even mention Jones' skillset as for the reason the pick is bad.

Here's the quote:
Nope, thats not it. I know for a fact one time it was a Ravens fan because I paired him up with his brother Arthur, I can't remember who else it was but It wasn't the Vikings.

Not that it really matters anyways
Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope, thats not it. I know for a fact one time it was a Ravens fan because I paired him up with his brother Arthur, I can't remember who else it was but It wasn't the Vikings.

I'm a man on a mission.

Edit: I don't see it, you went from having him in the 3rd to having him in the 1st in your next one.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 04-25-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It does matter! You are a liar and I hereby declare shenanigans! Shenanigans!!!
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

He said that about AARON CURRY too.

I see the trend now...never go for that best/can't miss defensive prospect that Mayock hypes up.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Why Are We Yelling!?!?