Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-25-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
player. good player, solid starter for 10 years. but not a great player imo and would be better value on a trade back or we could wait until 2nd/3rd to address rg and still get a solid interior lineman. think there should be better prospects still on the board at 30.
Agreed. I always believe 1st rounders should yield you immense talent. I understand sometimes need outweighs talent for some but I think thats where teams make mistakes. I really wanted Iupati and I NEVER want OG's in the first, and especially not that early. But I thought he was the most talented OG since Hutchinson and he warranted the pick because of it. I dont see Zeitler in that regard so I was vehemetly against him at first. Now Im not so against it because I think he'll be a solid pro like you stated. But I hope they do go in another direction.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, first rounders should be talent, not depth or need. Upside is ok, but some talent needs to be there.

Talent = Iupati

Need = Anthony Davis
Need = Kentwan Balmer
Need = Alex Smith

Talent + Need = Patrick Willis
Talent + Need = Michael Crabtree

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly 24 hours to go and I'm hearing the name Kevin Zeitler more and more.....
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Exactly 24 hours to go and I'm hearing the name Kevin Zeitler more and more.....

I think we have narrowed it down pretty well. Most likely either OG, WR, or TE with long shots of DL, RB, and CB.I would guess the chance of each position being the pick at #30 would be:

OG: 35%
WR: 25%
TE: 15%
Other: 25%

I'm starting to think that Doug Martin is a distinct possibility, if I had to name the top 5 most likely players to have their name called at # 30 it would be:
1) Zeitler
2) Hill
3) Fleener
4) Konz
5a) Martin
5b) Wright

-Couldn't keep it to 5 I guess...oops.
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling some DL will slip and it will be really hard not to take him, ie Michael Brockers, Dontari Poe...
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the rumor that's weirding me out...

Mike Lombardi also reported that there is a team "in love" with Bruce Irvin, and "they told him they're gonna take him in the 1st round."
Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Mike Lombardi also reported that there is a team "in love" with Bruce Irvin, and "they told him they're gonna take him in the 1st round."
Oh please, please, no!!! It's the Pats right? Or Giants? Anybody? Bueller, Bueller? Anybody...?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I have a feeling some DL will slip and it will be really hard not to take him, ie Michael Brockers, Dontari Poe...
DL is my dark horse feeling as well. I expect G or WR, but wouldn't be shocked if it happens to be a D-Lineman when all is said and done. Guess we'll find out just how wrong most of us are soon enough!
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gotten to the point where Baalke has earned my trust, and I will be happy with any pick that he takes.

IN BAALKE WE TRUST!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Considering how tight-lipped the Niners are, I would be SHOCKED if they told him that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to espns twitter, they got us taking Reuben Reyes in the 1st round

chaaaaaampionshiiiiiip

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's fun to see these "insiders" get used by teams to spread misinformation. The Niners didn't spend 3 months keeping everything secret to just go out and give it all away the day before the draft.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're going after the best OG on the board in the 1st. Bank on it.

And Fleener will probably (not possibly) be like the Eagles song, Already Gone....
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope we take amini silatolu.. i just have a feeling about the guy.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
according to espns twitter, they got us taking Reuben Reyes in the 1st round

chaaaaaampionshiiiiiip
If Terry Donahue was still running the 49ers I would probably have him going as SF's 2nd round pick.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also have a gut feeling we go DL in the 1st...
Old 04-26-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i hope we take amini silatolu.. i just have a feeling about the guy.
I would prefer him over Zeitler. Like the upside and love his style of play. He is flat out nasty the way he finishes blocks. I want to yell "finish him" when he hits the 2nd level.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I also have a gut feeling we go DL in the 1st...
Me too. We've been linked to a lot of other players recently (Hill, Zeitler, Fleener, Silatolu, etc) which probably means we don't want them. Nobody linked us to our 1st rounders since Baalke took over back in 2010, i don't think it will change now. My final prediction on who we pick

1- Kendall Wright
2- Devon Still

Just a guess.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I would prefer him over Zeitler. Like the upside and love his style of play. He is flat out nasty the way he finishes blocks. I want to yell "finish him" when he hits the 2nd level.
THIS! dudes is just plain nasty. hes been working on his technique and hes already strong as an ox. i know he didn't play division 1 ball but i just have a gut feeling about this kid.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am comfortable with the fact that Baalke is impossible to predict and his board has proven to be full of surprises. With that said, here is my huge-upside mock that features players that I feel fit what Baalke tends to go for...

1. Amini Silatolu - Guard - Midwestern State
2. Brandon Boykin - Cornerback/RS - Georgia
3. Robert Turbin - Running Back - Utah State
4. Tommy Streeter - Wide Receiver - Miami
5. Justin Bethel - Defensive Back - Presbyterian
6. Braylon Broughton - Outside Linebacker - TCU
7. Duke Ihenacho - Safety - San Jose State
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Thanks for the response.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

duke actually expressed interest in joining the "tony montana squad" at his pro day

Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
duke actually expressed interest in joining the "tony montana squad" at his pro day
Yeah, he basically said he wants to be a ST demon for the 49ers. Just so happens they need depth at his position.

There's also this...

Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
I am comfortable with the fact that Baalke is impossible to predict and his board has proven to be full of surprises. With that said, here is my huge-upside mock that features players that I feel fit what Baalke tends to go for...

1. Amini Silatolu - Guard - Midwestern State
2. Brandon Boykin - Cornerback/RS - Georgia
3. Robert Turbin - Running Back - Utah State
4. Tommy Streeter - Wide Receiver - Miami
5. Justin Bethel - Defensive Back - Presbyterian
6. Braylon Broughton - Outside Linebacker - TCU
7. Duke Ihenacho - Safety - San Jose State
Really liking this scenario, it's a good recovery from a somewhat tough 1st round pick.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

A MEANIE.. SHOULDA TOLD YOU! OG - Midwestern State