Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
This tells me the eagles are looking to play a strictly man defense, the reason why Nnamdi and DRC looked so bad last year was because they were playing Nnamdi in zone for most of the year (he looked excellent once they realized how stupid that was) and DRC played mainly in the slot, which just isn't his strong suit. I don't think they're going to be the best duo in the league, but they should be more than formidable. Still, I was expecting more than a 7th round pick for Asante.
They absolutely will play more man this year, I agree with that.

But Nmandi wasn't too hot in man coverage last year either. He got burned both in man and zone.

Nmandi was just an overrated player playing in the AFC West, where half the people who swore him to be the 2nd best CB in the league didn't even see him play. Hell, half the games in Oakland were blacked out so even Oakland fans didn't see him play half the time.

And people who are saying "Oh well Samuel is old"...newsflash, Nmandi is 30!

So Samuel is 31 and Nmandi is 30. Is 1 year that much of a difference. If Samuel is washed up, so is Nmandi.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be clear, I firmly believe that Nmandi will have a better season this upcoming year, and I do not think he's a bad CB.

I just don't think he's the top 2 CB he was made out to be. He's a good CB, but he's not a guy I view as "don't throw his way no matter what" CB.

I actually felt that way about Asante, he owned us. But I do not feel that way about Nmandi.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nmandi was absolutely lights out in Oakland, and one semi rough year in philly won't change that.

Oh, Chase Daniel is going to torch ASSante this year when he tries to jump every route.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Nmandi was absolutely lights out in Oakland, and one semi rough year in philly won't change that.

Oh, Chase Daniel is going to torch ASSante this year when he tries to jump every route.
Another Samuel myth. He doesn't jump every route.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
To be clear, I firmly believe that Nmandi will have a better season this upcoming year, and I do not think he's a bad CB.

I just don't think he's the top 2 CB he was made out to be. He's a good CB, but he's not a guy I view as "don't throw his way no matter what" CB.

I actually felt that way about Asante, he owned us. But I do not feel that way about Nmandi.
I'll agree with that, I still consider Nnamdi a top 5-10 CB in the league, but unless he regains his old form next year, he shouldn't be considered top 2.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'll agree with that, I still consider Nnamdi a top 5-10 CB in the league, but unless he regains his old form next year, he shouldn't be considered top 2.
I agree. Top 5-10. Really, when we talk CBs, it's Revis and everybody else. He truly is in a league of his own. Best CB I've ever seen since Deion. He really is that good.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ had a few seasons where I'd put him above Revis, but Revis has far exceeded my expectations.

I was being facetious by the way, I just wanted to homer out :D
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Champ had a few seasons where I'd put him above Revis, but Revis has far exceeded my expectations.

I was being facetious by the way, I just wanted to homer out :D
I know, I don't blame you for it. I'd do the same thing.

Champ was a stud for a long while. He was the last great CB before Revis. I'd say Champ and Law were my 2 favorite CBs of the early 2000s.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I don't get it...was this purely for cap reasons for the eagles?
The Eagles want to implement more press man coverage with Nnamdi and DRC.

Had the Eagles kept Asante, DRC would've been in no man's land again this year and last year's third round pick Curtis Marsh would've been stuck warming the benches again.

LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin and DRC all have expiring contracts in the next two years and they figure to demand a good amount of cash and the Asante trade takes 7 million off the books this year (about 2 million and some change in dead money) and 11 million off the books next year.

Money and scheme. Plus they had absolutely no leverage.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I really hope the eagles draft Brandon Boykin in the 2nd to play nickle (or at least compete with Hanson). He's my 4th favorite CB prospect in the draft and I think he could be a stud nickle/return man at first then eventually replace Nnamdi.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now I really hope the eagles draft Brandon Boykin in the 2nd to play nickle (or at least compete with Hanson). He's my 4th favorite CB prospect in the draft and I think he could be a stud nickle/return man at first then eventually replace Nnamdi.
Thats who I was hoping the Falcons would target at 55, but obv thats not needed now. Hes gonna be a solid pro if he can stay healthy, unlike his senior year and going into the combine.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Thats who I was hoping the Falcons would target at 55, but obv thats not needed now. Hes gonna be a solid pro if he can stay healthy, unlike his senior year and going into the combine.
Yeah, I am a little worried about his durability, but I think he has Brandon Flowers-like ability and potential.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could you not be happy about trading a 7th for a player like Asante? Great move by the Falcons. Now we grab a pass rusher in round 2/3 and I like our defense.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
6th round pick? I know NE doesn't have a 6th rounder... but man I can't see why we didn't do something.

I know he's not great at much besides picking the ball off, but that's pretty important. I mean Deion Sanders made a Hall of Fame career on it.
Wait.... what?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

BBD, I guarantee you if he was playing for your team you wouldn't feel the same way about him. Getting him for a 7th is incredible no doubt about it, but he's not a good cover guy in any defense. He plays areas in zone very well, but some games he just gives up catch after catch until he gets a chance to make the pick.

Romo used to destroy him on double moves on the outside with a pump fake to Austin. Half the time they were badly run routes, but it didn't even matter. I don't trust that type of coverage in tough spots. If they still didn't have Dunta Robinson he'd be the guy every team would pick on for the big play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Wait.... what?
Deion is in the hall of fame because he could cover anyone and if you threw his way, he was going to pick you off.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting a decent cornerback for a 7th round pick is highway robbery. Good for the Falcons. He's only 31, and probably has a couple of good years left in him. Hopefully they utilize a system that works to his strengths.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Balls thrown at Asante Samuel 2010:
46.3% completion percentage, 3.20 yards per attempt, 31.7 passer rating, 14 balls swatted, 7 picks

Balls thrown at Asante Samuel 2011:
47.5% completion percentage, 4.85 yards per attempt, 52.4 passer rating, 10 balls swatted, 3 picks

Talk about how he's bad in run defense (he's truly horrible). Talk about how he's bad at tackling (he's one of the worst in the league). Don't bag on him for his coverage skills, though. That's the one thing he can do, and he does it really well.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was hoping for Alfonzo Dennard in the third or early fourth (he'll fall b/c of his latest incident). His ability to press makes him a perfect fit for our scheme and his toughness and instinctive abilities make him a perfect fit for the slot. We've already got Curtis Marsh as Nnamdi's heir apparent on the outside.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Balls thrown at Asante Samuel 2010:
46.3% completion percentage, 3.20 yards per attempt, 31.7 passer rating, 14 balls swatted, 7 picks

Balls thrown at Asante Samuel 2011:
47.5% completion percentage, 4.85 yards per attempt, 52.4 passer rating, 10 balls swatted, 3 picks

Talk about how he's bad in run defense (he's truly horrible). Talk about how he's bad at tackling (he's one of the worst in the league). Don't bag on him for his coverage skills, though. That's the one thing he can do, and he does it really well.
Yep, he is one of the best cover corners in the game. Very rarely is he beat. The Falcons got an incredible player for a 7th round pick.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know, I don't blame you for it. I'd do the same thing.

Champ was a stud for a long while. He was the last great CB before Revis. I'd say Champ and Law were my 2 favorite CBs of the early 2000s.
I think Woodson, Winfield, and Springs are all in that conversation, too. Best CB's of the 2000's that is.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nmandi was just an overrated player playing in the AFC West, where half the people who swore him to be the 2nd best CB in the league didn't even see him play.
I saw him shut down everyone except Randy Moss one year.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe the value Atlanta got for Samuel. That's a great deal.