Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Breakout RB?

Which RB will have a breakout season a la Frank Gore 1 year ago?

Some players to keep an eye on are:

Joseph Addai
Ronnie Brown
Lawrence Maroney
Deangelo Williams
Cadaliac Williams
Marion Barber
Ladell Betts
Brandon Jacobs
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im pretty sure Cadillac's breakout year was his roookie year
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

I will say Laurence Maroney.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernand Morency is my pick. I think he's going to be given the starting job in Green Bay and now that the rookies on that OL have a year of experience I think the blocking will be much better for him.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
I will say Laurence Maroney.
i totally agree. I think Maroney will explode this year and go crazy. I also think Addai puts together another, but more productive, season

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson- no homerism there, just watching him run, he will be a stud
Bush, and I wanna say Jacobs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reuben Droughns
Homer Simpson
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I said Ronnie Brown last season...He didnt quite do it, so I will just say him again.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

I think Marion Barber, even though he is a CowBoy I love this guy, he is a great pure runner, one of the best pure runners in the game IMO. Although i hope he doesn't have a breakout year..being a Eagle fan and all:p

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
I think Marion Barber, even though he is a CowBoy I love this guy, he is a great pure runner, one of the best pure runners in the game IMO. Although i hope he doesn't have a breakout year..being a Eagle fan and all:p
Barber is my vote as well. I think the Barber/Jones duo would be much better off with Barber getting the majority of carries and softening the defense, and Jones coming in for about ten or so carries a game. If that happens, I expect Barber to have a monster season.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Joseph Addai will have a breakout season.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'll vote for DeAngelo Williams provided he gets the necessary carries and touches in the offense. He was my favorite player in the draft last year.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 04-11-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Benson will have a massive year with Jones out of the way.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerious Norwood

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not Brandon Jacobs, you clever little homer.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Not Brandon Jacobs, you clever little homer.
my thoughts exactly.

anyways, i hope that deangelo williams has a breakout year. but i think that jones drew will get at least 1000 on the ground this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
DragonMekha
Veteran

DragonMekha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brian Westbrook.Here me out,he is always thought to be a dangerous weapon but not as much as a surefire runner.Despite a great year he wasnt looked at for the pro bowl and I think Philly will actually run more to keep Mcnabb healthy and Westbrook is going to have a monster season and be respected as a runner and not just a versatile weapon.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every thread you make is a veiled attempt at homerism. But at the same time, it is a decent thread, so I can't knock you for it.

Im gonna go with Maroney. I would go with Brown, but he has no qb or passing threats to eleviate in the box pressure. Plus his line is worse than Maroneys.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Im pretty sure Cadillac's breakout year was his roookie year
Just ignore GRF and his insatiable need to post threads every 10 minutes. He knows nothing about football, and thus he wouldn't know about Cadillac or his ROY & OROY awards collection.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonMekha View Post
Brian Westbrook.Here me out,he is always thought to be a dangerous weapon but not as much as a surefire runner.Despite a great year he wasnt looked at for the pro bowl and I think Philly will actually run more to keep Mcnabb healthy and Westbrook is going to have a monster season and be respected as a runner and not just a versatile weapon.
I can understand what you mean about the pro-bowl, but I still think last season was his breakout year. He had a lot of questions regarding durability going in, but really carried the Eagles after McNabb's injury, although Garcia got more credit for him. I still think he broke out last year though, and could "put the cherry on top" this year.

As for my choice, hate the Pats, but I love maroney for some reason, and think this is his year to break out. Just a gut feeling, surrounded by what I saw out of him last year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Addai put up some big numbers too.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect big things from Cedric Benson but not against Green Bay

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
DragonMekha
Veteran

DragonMekha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I can understand what you mean about the pro-bowl, but I still think last season was his breakout year. He had a lot of questions regarding durability going in, but really carried the Eagles after McNabb's injury, although Garcia got more credit for him. I still think he broke out last year though, and could "put the cherry on top" this year.

As for my choice, hate the Pats, but I love maroney for some reason, and think this is his year to break out. Just a gut feeling, surrounded by what I saw out of him last year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Addai put up some big numbers too.
The thing is Brian Westbrook pretty much got no recoginition around the league outside of the Eagles so although it was a breakout for him,he this year can breakout and make everyone aware of his ability to actually run the ball.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Every thread you make is a veiled attempt at homerism. But at the same time, it is a decent thread, so I can't knock you for it.

Im gonna go with Maroney. I would go with Brown, but he has no qb or passing threats to eleviate in the box pressure. Plus his line is worse than Maroneys.
Man you have little faith. theses no reason Jacobs cant break out this year. Least I could do is put him on a list of like 10 guys. I didnt even state an opinion. Plus he has a fairly good run blocking O-Line and teams dont stack in the box against us. Im expecting 1000 yards from him. Not for him to be dominant, but to be a nice RB.

My opinion happens to be that Deangelo Williams is gonna have a nice season and really make a name for himself.

As for Cadilac, he has a major sophmore slump last year. he hasnt established himself yet and has to prove that his rookie year wasnt a fluke.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maurice Drew... next year.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

As for Cadilac, he has a major sophmore slump last year. he hasnt established himself yet and has to prove that his rookie year wasnt a fluke.
That still doesn't make this a breakout year for him, mmmkay

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote