Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
If you had the choice: 1) to trade up to the Browns pick and select Courtney Upshaw, or 2) remain at 28 and select either McClellin, Perry, or BPA, which would you choose?

My choice would be to trade up for Upshaw, productive player in the SEC who complements Clay Matthews nicely...one speed guy and one pure power guy.

To trade up with the Browns, we would most likely need to trade our 3rd.
Well, I wouldn't consider it a very tough decision considering I prefer both Perry and McClellin to Upshaw. I'd definitely stick at 28.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Well, I wouldn't consider it a very tough decision considering I prefer both Perry and McClellin to Upshaw. I'd definitely stick at 28.
Yeah I'd stay put if you could guarantee that both of those guys will be available at #28.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78...draft-war-room

Andrew Brandt with a few tidbits from working in Green Bay.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I am soooo Glad that TT didn't listen to a word that Favre said. This team would have been very different if he did
Old 04-24-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

I'm really torn on McClellin vs. Perry. Perry is a guy that I see developing into a really good pass rusher. There's obviously a lot of potential there that further coaching could turn him into a force. My question is whether that actually happens in a 3-4. Scheme-wise, McClellin is a much safer pick; we know what he's capable of standing up. I have a hard time seeing him not becoming at least a solid starter.

Thoughts on who you guys would prefer?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Perry more, bit for the Packers i think McCellin will be the better player. And him opposite Clay would be awesome! I hope he grows his hair if he comes here.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm really torn on McClellin vs. Perry. Perry is a guy that I see developing into a really good pass rusher. There's obviously a lot of potential there that further coaching could turn him into a force. My question is whether that actually happens in a 3-4. Scheme-wise, McClellin is a much safer pick; we know what he's capable of standing up. I have a hard time seeing him not becoming at least a solid starter.

Thoughts on who you guys would prefer?
Shea McClellin is a natural fit and provides more versatility, I'll take him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just did a two round mock and the Packers ended up with Harrison Smith and Cam Johnson

Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Now with Collins gone i think we go harrison smith in the 1st
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it. I still think they are taking a 3-4 DE or pass rushing OLB at #28
Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

I still see the front seven as a much more pressing need than safety.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anything can happen. Clearly they need to address FS now. And there's really only 3 potential starting caliber guys in this draft. I like Iloka in round 2 for the Pack.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would think so too. Peprah has his limitations but in 2010 he actually played well behind a decent pass rush. If Burnett can take a step forward and cut down on the mental mistakes, they can get by with those two as the starters...provided the pass rush improves.

That said Peprah is not the long term answer so I won't be shocked if they do go safety relatively early.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been talk for seasons about Woodson switching back to Safety for the twilight years of his career. This leaves that possibility open. I guess we won't know the teams plans until we see how the draft plays out.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Shea McClellin is a natural fit and provides more versatility, I'll take him.
That's the direction I'm starting to lean as well.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Looks like I'm gonna be on ESPN radio Milwaukee/Madison tomorrow around 3:00. www.espnmilwaukee.com if you're interested.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Here are my rankings for player that I have watched that would be possibilities for us, and where I perceive their value to be. Despite not being able to watch much of Poe or Wolfe, I decided to include them anyway. While obviously we could use defensive backs as well, I didn't bother scouting them without access to actual coaches tape.

-------Top 10
-----
Fletcher Cox (DE)
Melvin Ingram (OLB)
-------First Round-----

Peter Konz (C)
Shea McClellin (OLB)
Nick Perry (OLB)

Jerel Worthy (DE)
Dontari Poe (NT)
Michael Brockers (DE)
-------Second Round----
Whitney Mercilus (OLB)
Kendall Reyes (DE)
Brandon Thompson (DE)
Jared Crick (DE)

Courtney Upshaw (OLB)
Devon Still (DE)
Derek Wolfe (DE)

Chandler Jones (DE)
Ronnell Lewis (OLB)
Andre Branch (OLB)
-------Third Round----
Bruce Irvin (OLB)
Cam Johnson (OLB)

Vinny Curry (OLB)

Last edited by jackalope : 04-25-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Teddy always seems to surprise, or like the last two years we've had players slide and fall into our laps in the form of two tackles, so I don't know what to expect for tomorrow night

Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Thompson has been pretty obvious in the first round, with Harrell being the only real exception. You never know who's going to be on the board when we pick, but Rodgers, Hawk, Raji, Matthews, Bulaga, and Sherrod were all the most obvious choices once they were there (Clay may be a slight exception). That said, a curve ball like Kendall Reyes or Trumaine Johnson tomorrow night is a very real possibility.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Barron drops I like him a lot. I do not like Smith, at least not in the first. I'd rather have an Antonio Allen in the 3rd.

Hope we still go OLB with our 1st rounder. Interesting to see if we go Safety or DE with our 2nd and 3rd or he sticks to BPA.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
If Barron drops I like him a lot. I do not like Smith, at least not in the first. I'd rather have an Antonio Allen in the 3rd.

Hope we still go OLB with our 1st rounder. Interesting to see if we go Safety or DE with our 2nd and 3rd or he sticks to BPA.
I can't imagine Barron dropping at this point. The Bills, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets, and Chargers are all rumored to want him.

There are a lot of defensive linemen projected to go in the second round that would be great value at 59. I'd go Konz, McClellin, or Perry at 28 and expect someone like Thompson, Crick, or Wolfe to be there. While unlikely, if Konz, McClellin, and Perry are off the board, I'd drop back to take Worthy, Reyes, or Thompson and pick up a high pick next year.

Assuming they get a safety, I have no idea who it would be. Doesn't seem like many guys are considered future starters after Barron and Smith, but then again Collins wasn't highly touted when we drafted him.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: Never mind.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I say everyone that is able to should just post a mock draft and see how they do. Here is mine:

1st Round

Nick Perry, OLB, USC - Someone is going to take McClellin ahead of us, whether it is the Patriots or Chargers or whomever, McClellin will not be there. Therefore, as we are all sitting there waiting for TT to do something, he stands pat and drafts the best OLB available which is Nick Perry. Perry is a physical specimen who needs some proper coaching. We have a great coach in Greene who tends to get the most out of guys.

2nd Round

Derek Wolfe, DE, Cincy - From early on in the draft process I had really like this guy. He is strong, athletic, and has ideal size to be a 3-4DE. Mel Kiper is really high on him as well and has said that it wouldn't surprise him if a team took him in Round 1. Wolfe is a guy where you look at the stats and you go "Oh he must just be an overachiever", but when you compare his athleticism to his stats, it makes sense.

3rd Round

LaMichael James, RB, Oregon - This is just my personal choice here, I am not really sure if James fits the TT mold of a player, but I would love to see James be in the Green and Gold. 3rd down you could put he and Cobb in the backfield and get creative. This pick probably wont happen, more likely we take a safety here or an offensive lineman.

4th Round

Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State - Big athletic safety who provides depth and has the potential to be a starter.

4th Round

Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota - This seems to be about the right time for a TT pick on the OL. Also, TT seems to love his smaller school OT's

4th Round

Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin - Smart, athletic, decent arm, the only problem with him is his size. Something tells me that he won't be here in the 4th round, but if he is, I really hope TT drafts him.

5th Round

Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State - Brewster is going to go somewhere between the 4th and 6th rounds. I hope he lasts here because he has got the size to be a solid center in the future. Also, he really needs a redshirt year to get a stronger base.

6th Round

Vontaze Burfict, ILB, ASU - I say why not take him. Worst thing is you let compete during training camp, and then you cut him. Best case is that he lives up to his potential, which is a 1st round potential. I like our locker room and think that guys like Hawk/Bishop/Raji/Matthews/Woodson would be able to help him out.

7th Round

Louis Nzegwu, OLB, Wisconsin - Played as a DE for Wisconsin was hurt, could develop into a rusher at OLB.

7th Round

Ryan Van Bergen, DE, Michigan - I really like Van Bergen, he was a little banged up this past season, but he is pretty stout and has good size for a 3-4 DE.

7th Round

Buddy Jackson, CB, Pitt - Super fast CB that is worth giving a shot in camp.

7th Round

Brad Herman, TE, Iowa - TT and MM love TE's, this is just a pick up to have a camp body, potential practice squad guy.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 04-26-2012 at 11:20 AM.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Really just throwing **** at the wall after round four, but here's mine.

1 (28) – Shea McClellin, OLB Boise Stat
2 (59) – Jared Crick, DE Nebraska
3 (90) – Ryan Steed, CB Furman
4 (123) – Russell Wilson, QB Wisconsin
4 (132) – Brandon Hardin, S Oregon State
4 (133) –Josh LeRibeus, C SMU
5 (163) –Chris Rainey, RB Florida
6 (197) –Markus Zusevics, OT Iowa
7 (224) –Austin Davis, QB Southern Miss
7 (235) – Chris Greenwood, CB Albion
7 (241) –Drew Nowak, DT Western Michigan
7 (243) –Ryan Davis, OLB Bethune-Cookman

Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

just complete my final two round mock and i have the team selecting McClellin in round one and Casey Hayward in round two