Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Hightower. I love it! I don't care how many ILB's they have. Hightower can play all over the place.. AND he can rush the passer.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is all a lot to handle.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could we be going 4-3/
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donte hightower, meh
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stoked. Really Stoked. Hightower can play.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Could we be going 4-3/
I hope so. Hightower can play SLB with Spike at MLB and Mayo at WLB. We just need another pass rusher and a safety and we're looking much improved on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it, too. Everything about him screamed BB pick. Multiple spots, 4 years, team captain. Spikes / Mayo / Hightower basically threatening from everywhere along the front should be pretty beastly.

I'm shell shocked, though. I can't believe NE moved up twice.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we are def moving towards a 4-3

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see how this makes us that much better. Hightower isn't a bad player, but he does a lot of the same things Spikes does(upgrading some of them). Not a big fan of the move.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still have both second round picks too. They'll probably trade at least one of them down. But if they could get another pass rusher like Curry, that would be sweet. Add in a DB or DT.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really see how this makes us that much better. Hightower isn't a bad player, but he does a lot of the same things Spikes does(upgrading some of them). Not a big fan of the move.
Good to have you back lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
we are def moving towards a 4-3
Why?

They drafted the type of guy Belichick has been looking for since they dumped McGinnest and a guy who can play on the other side and pretty much anywhere on the front 7 outside of NT....

The versatility of both of those guys being able to drop down to play DE in nickel packages is just a bonus.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, I don't think either of these moves necessarily means a move to a pure 4-3 either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't really understood the Hightower thing either, but he's so versatile. He can be a Mike Vrabel type for the Pats.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really happy. Hightower is an impact defensive player (potentially, of course) and that's what we need. If he's not mentioned as a potential DROY (ok I know fan boy) I'll cut my hair (which I haven't cut in five years.)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I haven't really understood the Hightower thing either, but he's so versatile. He can be a Mike Vrabel type for the Pats.
Mmm. He can do a lot of things, but I'm not sure he can do them as well as Vrabel could....and as I said, I think he cannibalizes some of the things Spikes does right now too. Spikes has run hot and cold and has never developed into the leader we thought we were getting, but he's a perfectly serviceable player in the niche he's in presently. He's upgradable, but I'm not sure it's really worth the cost.

...I think I would have preferred Upshaw.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Mmm. He can do a lot of things, but I'm not sure he can do them as well as Vrabel could....and as I said, I think he cannibalizes some of the things Spikes does right now too. Spikes has run hot and cold and has never developed into the leader we thought we were getting, but he's a perfectly serviceable player in the niche he's in presently. He's upgradable, but I'm not sure it's really worth the cost.

...I think I would have preferred Upshaw.
I'll take it, the 4th isn't bad.

Upshaw scares me a bit, I'll be honest, if we play primary 3-4 isn't an amazing pick, but if we 4-3 and use hightower spikes mayo, im a fan.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I do like Upshaw, but I think (and I think this is Belichick's mindset as well) that Hightower can do the things Upshaw does except better as a pro. He's bigger and just seems like a more consistent player.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I'll take it, the 4th isn't bad.

Upshaw scares me a bit, I'll be honest, if we play primary 3-4 isn't an amazing pick, but if we 4-3 and use hightower spikes mayo, im a fan.
I hate those 3 in a 4-3. They don't bring enough as a group especially when the Pats' weakness has been their pass defense.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I just didn't really see a whole ton of issues we had last year that Hightower helps with. Again, not hard to upgrade what we had...but was it worth it to versus to against a defensive linemen or back? Those are your real issues right there. I would have been content sitting with the guys we had and finding someone to plug in for coverage situations later.

I don't know. I'm not a big Hightower guy overall either. Always thought he was a bit overrated. I don't see him being an impact player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the first two picks. C.Jones @ OLB and Hightower and anywhere along the LBs. He can play them all. He's a joker. Probably players of Ninko

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Pick At 31?!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I hate those 3 in a 4-3. They don't bring enough as a group especially when the Pats' weakness has been their pass defense.
Disagree. They're all competent pass rushers and you can bring some heat from any spot. We need a safety in rd 2 however.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Minnesota just ****** us. Honestly, would have preferred trading up for Smith over Hightower.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Minnesota just ****** us. We really needed that guy.
They sure did. My ass hurts.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy