Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
Niners took a guy totally off my radar, although I'm not surprised with the position addressed. Never thought guard would be the way they'd go unless it was a trade up for DeCastro, and felt similarly about CB. Always seemed to me that a WR or Fleener was the most likely pick... just kind of surprised it was Jenkins. Given the Niners' recent draft history, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now, though. But definitely was surprised.
I thought Fleener as well. Can you imagine pairing him with Davis? SF is in a nice position, though, in that they don't have glaring needs. Might look for running back to eventually replace Gore, but can kind of sit back and take the best players that drop.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like:

Obviously, as a Steeler fan, I love the fact the Steelers landed DeCastro. He and Pouncey together for the next decade is going to be fun to watch.

I liked the Jets picking Coples. I know his motor is hot and cold, but I can only imagine the ways Rex is planning on using him in his defense. I had Ingram with that pick, but I like Coples more in that slot.

I liked what the Cowboys did to get Mo Claiborne. They now have four solid corners and Ryan is going to use them all. Great selection and great fit for Mo IMO.

I love how Belichick traded up instead of down and attacked his weaknesses hard in the first round. Jones and Hightower could be huge pieces for that defense in the very near future.

Disliked:

I like Bruce Irvin but the Seahawks reached bad on him. I wouldn't spend a mid-first round pick on a player who is only going to be a situational pass rusher.

Mark Barron going in the top 10 is a no-no for me. I love Barron, but I do not think he's that type of player.

As said for AJ Jenkins. I know he was rising very fast, but I do not think he was a first round prospect. The Niners were better off with Hill IMO.

There are a few more, but I'm actually OK with how most of the draft went.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland apparently thinks they have good offensive talent if they want to spend a pick on Weeden... just don't get it at all. You think you're a QB short of being playoff ready or something? You're not even close right now. Cleveland better have some hidden gems for the right side of that OL later on in the draft, because your 37th overall HAS to be a WR. HAS to be.

Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Arizona, and St. Louis probably are my top 5 for the first day.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freaking San Francisco picking a round two guy in rouy nd one?I mean freaking really Sf. I know he was the guy but dang why in round one......I'm just ah ughhhhh over this Jenkins pick when he was ranked 9th in wide outs.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
Hold on, so could you possibly be saying the term "reach" is over used? DON'T YOU ******* DARE
Haha, extreeemely.

I mean unless you take a guy that is clearly going to suck, if you're getting a good player who cares if he was taken 10 picks to before everyone thought he'd go?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Freaking San Francisco picking a round two guy in rouy nd one?I mean freaking really Sf. I know he was the guy but dang why in round one......I'm just ah ughhhhh over this Jenkins pick when he was ranked 9th in wide outs.
Not to Trent Baalke.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was David Wilson a big reach? I think some team would've picked him in the next 10-15 picks

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post

Buccaneers: Not a fan of their moves at all. If they were so concerned with their secondary, why not just take the guy who can actually help in coverage? Giving up the chance to pick Claiborne for a 4th rounder is absurd to me. Picking Barron only makes things worse, as he's the type of safety that is being phased out in the league. A guy who is supposed to struggle in coverage is not the guy you take in the top 10. They also traded up in order to draft a RB, which is typically a no-no. Doug Martin had better be one hell of a runner to justify that decision.
Our DB coach is Ron Cooper (former LSU DB coach) so if he thought skipping Claiborne is the right move, I trust his judgment. I liked the Barron pick, but would have much rather we taken Kuechly.

As fort he Doug Martin trade, we gave up virtually nothing. We moved down like 15 spots in the 4th round, hardly a bad trade. Your comments make it sound like we gave up a future 1st or 2nd or something.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Was David Wilson a big reach? I think some team would've picked him in the next 10-15 picks
I didn't mind it. He gives that offense something it didn't have before and could be a great piece for the Giants.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
Cleveland apparently thinks they have good offensive talent if they want to spend a pick on Weeden... just don't get it at all. You think you're a QB short of being playoff ready or something? You're not even close right now. Cleveland better have some hidden gems for the right side of that OL later on in the draft, because your 37th overall HAS to be a WR. HAS to be.
I honestly thought they could just sit and pick Weeden at #37. Who was going to jump in there and grab him? It's not like you can really afford to stash him on the bench for a few years.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I honestly thought they could just sit and pick Weeden at #37. Who was going to jump in there and grab him? It's not like you can really afford to stash him on the bench for a few years.
Exactly. If Weeden can't beat out McCoy by (and I feel like this is generous because he should do it before the season starts) halfway through the season, then I can't look favorably at him. In three years you'll already talk about drafting his replacement! Come on. He doesn't even have receivers to throw to! There's Little, and... um... wait... I'm a Browns fan, I know this... hold on...
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Our DB coach is Ron Cooper (former LSU DB coach) so if he thought skipping Claiborne is the right move, I trust his judgment. I liked the Barron pick, but would have much rather we taken Kuechly.

As fort he Doug Martin trade, we gave up virtually nothing. We moved down like 15 spots in the 4th round, hardly a bad trade. Your comments make it sound like we gave up a future 1st or 2nd or something.
I didn't intend to make it out like the Bucs gave up that much, so I apologize for that.

However, I still can't support the idea of taking a safety in the top 10 whose weakness is in coverage. Nor can I condone a team with as many needs as Tampa Bay has taking a RB from this draft not named Trent Richardson.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly can't remember a more enjoyable first round. Lots of trades, extremely unconventional picks and several premier players falling down the board; this first round had it all.

As far as specifics, the top six went in the top six, and I always knew they would, no matter how bizzarrely it happened. I was certainly shocked when Tampa traded out of Claiborne range for a mere fourth round pick, but Barron is a great player and safety is almost as important as corner in their scheme.

I would have been sickly amused to see how far Tannehill would have fallen if Miami passed on him, but they had no choice. Even though I had him ranked as the 29th best player, Miami had to take a shot at a guy who could develop into a legitimate franchise QB.

KC sort of went against the grain by drafting Poe. I demand an apology from everyone of the many Chief fans who jumped my throat whenever I would mock Poe to KC.

For about the past month I had a feeling in my gut that Fletcher Cox would end up and Eagle, and the fact that they were able to give up so little for him is doubly exciting.

The Bruce Irvin pick was just wacky. Please don't bring up the Aldon Smith comparisons. For one, the Niners play a base 3-4 and Smith will become a full-time player in their system, and Irvin probably won't. Also, Smith has phenomenal size and length, while Irvin is a runt without a true position.

The Jets taking Coples as a 5 tech is eye-popping. I just don't care for this marriage of team and player, especially with so many pure pass rushers left on the board.

Ingram to the Chargers was the value pick of the top 20. At one point, I was convinced the Chargers would trade up for Ingram. Lucky for them, he fell right into their lap.

McClellin to the Bears was an odd pick. I always thought he would go to a 3-4 team. My guess is he will probably be a Sam and an edge rusher in sub-packages.

The Pats made a long overdue shift in philosophy and traded up for two impact players, and I think it will pay big dividends. Jones and Hightower are both scheme-diverse and have elite traits that don't currently exist on that D.

Reiff and DeCastro were absolute bargains. Reiff will push Gosder out the door at RT and will supplant Backus some time in the next couple of years. Meanwhile, the Steelers got their next Alan Faneca to play next to their current Dermonti Dawson. Every year, the Steelers seem to get a player who perfectly fits their culture.

Mercilus was an intersting pick, given how well Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin played last year. I like Mercilus, but I just wonder is he'll be able to start or what packages the coaching staff has in mind for him.

Nobody should be allowed to criticize the Vikings' trade for Harrison Smith. The Vikes needed a safety, and there are NO safeties after Smith.

Great pick by the Niners. Jenkins is a better player than any other WR projected to possibly go in the first round. Finally, San Fran has a WR who can create after the catch.

The two backs were great picks, and should instantly upgrade their respective offenses. The Bucs made a shewd move jumping in front of the G Men, who I'm sure would have preferred Martin over Wilson.

It was somewhat of a delight to see two of my least favorite first round prospects fall out of the first. Cordy Glenn and Stephen Hill were both massively overrated through this process, and I think they could both be in for a longer than expected wait tomorrow. Neither Mike Adams or Jonathan Martin deserved to go in the first round, and neither did.

The top rated players on my board are Courtney Upshaw (14), Jacoby Fleener (18), Vinny Curry (21), Janoris Jenkins (22), Jerel Worthy (23) and Amini Silatolu (25). I love Upshaw as a player, but I can understand why he's still available. He just doesn't fit like a glove anywhere. Not many teams have a pressing need for tight end, so Fleener will be a great bargain. Curry is going 38th to Jacksonville (BOOK IT), Jenkins would be gone if he had any common sense. Worthy won't last long tomorrow, and Silatolu has to go ahead of Cordy Glenn.

Yep tonight was great!!!
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone on twitter (who Deep has never heard of) said that the Chiefs were ready to move back up into the first for Weeden. I'm really glad that didn't happen.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was 25 spots, because we had a late 4th from the Pats. Still a decent trade, though.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Cowboys trading up was a shock. You have no idea what it's like to go from watching Alan Ball and Terrance Newman get destroyed for years and to finally have 4 solid CB's. Claiborne can be brought a long slowly and to nab an elite player it wasn't too costly.

- I loved Reiff falling to Detroit. Great landing spot, you've got one of the best upcoming QB's in the game, weapons are there, just protect him and they got a great prospect to do it with.

- Mercilus. Scary, scary scary. Added to that defense, with the creativity of Wade Phillips, their going to be even better on that side of the ball.

- DeCastro to Pittsburgh. Really? So typical.

- I really love Kendall Wright to the Titans. That offense is going to be sick. Locker is a stud and athletic as hell, Britt is a soon to be top 5 WR when he stays healthy who Wright is a perfect compliment to, Jared Cook & Chris Johnson. Speed all over, I can't wait to see them in action. 1 of my favorite picks.

- I was actually really feeling what STL had going moving to 14 with all those extra 2nd round picks, then Floyd goes 1 pick before them. Ruined it for me. Bradford needs weapons, Floyd is a stud, and easily improves the play of Bradford. Brockers is a Fisher type pick though, maybe wanted him all a long.

- I love the Jags WR core now. Blackmon and Laurent Robinson is a very nice 1-2 punch for a team who was lacking WR's forever. Mike Thomas is back in the slot where he belongs. Too bad no one is there to throw them the ball, but their WR's are looking very nice.

- Not sure what TB was thinking early in the draft. Think they tried to get too cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

I'm just gonna say that Hill, Randle or Quick better be gone at 37. I don't even want them to go with Glenn if he's there. You drafted Weeden, now get him some freakin' weapons to throw to, and add Guards later because apparently you think Cousins is a starting RT.

Is it clear I'm not pleased? Oy.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a homer or anything, but for all you know Cooper wanted the team to draft Claiborne. He's the DB coach, I doubt he was the one who was pulling the strings on any of the trades they made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
Exactly. If Weeden can't beat out McCoy by (and I feel like this is generous because he should do it before the season starts) halfway through the season, then I can't look favorably at him. In three years you'll already talk about drafting his replacement! Come on. He doesn't even have receivers to throw to! There's Little, and... um... wait... I'm a Browns fan, I know this... hold on...
Call me crazy, but this was the worst scenario that could have taken place on day 1 of the draft. We paniced at #4 and gave up a boatload of picks to move up pne place for a RB and at #22, we showed the result of missing out on RG111 by taking Weedon. I have to wonder if Lerner ordered Holmgren and Heckert to draft a QB in round 1.
Holmgren and Heckert obviously paniced with the trade up to #3. I think the failure to obtain the second pick in the draft completely unhinged the management team and the results for Brown's fans was a complete disaster on day 1 of the draft.
I'm a Brown's fan, I know this...hold on...
Old 04-27-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Call me crazy, but this was the worst scenario that could have taken place on day 1 of the draft. We paniced at #4 and gave up a boatload of picks to move up pne place for a RB and at #22, we showed the result of missing out on RG111 by taking Weedon. I have to wonder if Lerner ordered Holmgren and Heckert to draft a QB in round 1.
Holmgren and Heckert obviously paniced with the trade up to #3. I think the failure to obtain the second pick in the draft completely unhinged the management team and the results for Brown's fans was a complete disaster on day 1 of the draft.
It certainly wasn't a good scenario, that's for certain...
Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Gave up a 4th, 5th and 7th. With 13 picks, you can't expect 13 players because you're going to end up cutting half of them. Might as well use them to get better players.

You're definitely blowing everything way out of proportion but what else is new?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I didn't intend to make it out like the Bucs gave up that much, so I apologize for that.

However, I still can't support the idea of taking a safety in the top 10 whose weakness is in coverage. Nor can I condone a team with as many needs as Tampa Bay has taking a RB from this draft not named Trent Richardson.
I agree the pick was a bit of a 'reach', although late reports suggest he was going early regardless. I just don't think it's a bad pick because we missed out on Claiborne. If we were sold on him, we would have stayed put. I think it's fairly obvious that there were some concerns. For what it's worth, I think we should have made Kuechly the pick.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings win everything, just shut it down.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

baalke do what baalke do.. haters gon hate

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Irvin is a better pass rusher than everyone he was drafted over.
Aren't you the dude who went to WVU, or am I thinking of someone else
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote