Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Someone on twitter (who Deep has never heard of) said that the Chiefs were ready to move back up into the first for Weeden. I'm really glad that didn't happen.
You guys really dodged a bullet, eh?

I love the Packers pick of Nick Perry, given who was left on the board. I'm also confused by the Bears pick.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think both Cleveland and the Rams were a complete failure on day 1 of the draft.
The Rams wanted a WR badly for Bradford but when they made the trade with Washington instead of Cleveland, they took the risk that Blackmon won't be there and that is exactly what happened. Then they traded back hoping to get Floyd at a better value and failed again to fill that need. Overall, I'd say round 1 didn't go too well for the Rams.

Cleveland was a complete disaster on day 1. Their failure to secure the Rams #2 overall pick proved too much for them. They paniced by giving up 3 picks to move up one spot in the draft to get Richardson when they could have gotten a solid RB with their #22 pick. Obviously, Minny didn't want to move down too far in fear of losing Kalil so they likely would have accepted just a 4th to trade back with Cleveland who should have stood pat and gotten Richardson for nothing.
They then, probably because their owner ordered it, took Weedon at #22 when they could have used their #37 pick plus one of the picks they gave Minny to move back up into round 1 to secure Weedon if they wanted him that badly.
Just an overall disaster for my Browns.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Sven
Rookie

Sven hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Given the talent drop off amongst the safeties after Harrison Smith (I think Scott has Iloka ranked next at 77) AND the Vikings massive need for a safety I can only give cudos to Spielman for trading up and grabbing their man.

And although it's been discussed by all, the trade of #3 for #4 and extra picks to the Browns was sheer brilliance.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Gave up a 4th, 5th and 7th. With 13 picks, you can't expect 13 players because you're going to end up cutting half of them. Might as well use them to get better players.

You're definitely blowing everything way out of proportion but what else is new?
The Browns are completely short on talent and could have used and retained the majority of their picks if they hadn't squandered them recklessly. With the rookie salary cap, retaining rookies is far easier to do today if you understood anything about the NFL. Just be glad your not a Brown's fan because I see another 4 win season in our immediate future and maybe longer.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what the Rams have done. I wasn't huge on Brockers, but he's good value there, and if I were them, I'd try to grab Lamar Miller and Stephen Hill. They just have so much to work with in the coming years.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 04-27-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Given the talent drop off amongst the safeties after Harrison Smith (I think Scott has Iloka ranked next at 77) AND the Vikings massive need for a safety I can only give cudos to Spielman for trading up and grabbing their man.

And although it's been discussed by all, the trade of #3 for #4 and extra picks to the Browns was sheer brilliance.
I agree, Spielman took Cleveland to the cleaners and used the picks to further his team's chances for improvement.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN still tipping off picks but doing it sneakier like Berman hinting at a player or Schefter breaking it on the ticker.

What's wrong with these asshats?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pete Carroll puts the F in WTF.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first was weird but it sort of wasn't. People are questioning the brockers pick, but I think st louis is the HUGE winner of the draft. They didn't need rg3. They get a kings ransom. They don't see the guy they want, they trade back. They get brockers with a head coach who is very good at getting the best out of dls. Plus they can still get hill or maybe jeffrey in the second. It may not show dividends yet, but just decect drafting should get them into the primetime.

As for the draft trading, I like it. Other than the skins, who needed a kings ransom to get tg3, didn't give up too much. A fourth to secure richardson is not a huge price to pay.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The Browns are completely short on talent and could have used and retained the majority of their picks if they hadn't squandered them recklessly. With the rookie salary cap, retaining rookies is far easier to do today if you understood anything about the NFL. Just be glad your not a Brown's fan because I see another 4 win season in our immediate future and maybe longer.
Really? You think the Browns should save 13 roster spots?? 6 of which were in the last two rounds?

I am a Browns fan. Thanks for remembering.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? You think the Browns should save 13 roster spots?? 6 of which were in the last two rounds?

I just really don't understand it. The picks they gave away, well, someone could've easily matched that if they wanted Richardson. I mostly didn't like seeing that early 4th rounder go.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I apologize for forgetting, the bears in your title fooled me but I get it now, kalbears.

I can understand why you thought I was too negative toward the Browns because I am. I just don't get their thought process and round 1 hasn't changed that one bit. IMO, a complete disaster unless Weedon turns out to be great right out of the shute which I doubt happens but who knows.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the price was much for the Browns to get Richardson, but I kinda don't get the point. Seemed like a panic move. They moved up 1 spot with a team who didn't need a RB and was likely going to take Kalil where they were. You could have kept the 4th and 5th and just waited, I really don't think TB was that in love that they were going to trade up for him.

Then Weeden at 22 is the best they can do? Why not just continue to add weapons and draft a guy next year since your still not making the playoffs. I think missing Kendall Wright threw them off there, but I'd have shopped the pick hard for a future 1st if possible. I don't see a whole lot of franchise QB ability in Weeden, seems more like the current regime trying to buy some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't think the price was much for the Browns to get Richardson, but I kinda don't get the point. Seemed like a panic move. They moved up 1 spot with a team who didn't need a RB and was likely going to take Kalil where they were. You could have kept the 4th and 5th and just waited, I really don't think TB was that in love that they were going to trade up for him.

Then Weeden at 22 is the best they can do? Why not just continue to add weapons and draft a guy next year since your still not making the playoffs. I think missing Kendall Wright threw them off there, but I'd have shopped the pick hard for a future 1st if possible. I don't see a whole lot of franchise QB ability in Weeden, seems more like the current regime trying to buy some time.
I think the current regime just ran out of time. Looks like another 4 win season next year and then we will be going into Holmgren's 4th year of rebuilding with little future in sight. Don't think the owner will be too happy although Lerner is probably at fault.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised to hear that the Pats only have 2 more picks- both 2nd rounders. After that, none left in the 2012 draft. I doubt they trade it for a 2013 1st. I expect Bellichek to use both 2nd rounders and immediately bolster the team's depth.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Maybe thats the same logic tampa had moving back from 5...whether they were sold on claiborne or not...i'm not sure but I find it hard to believe they really wanted Barron more. I think Cleveland moving up was smart...if they didnt' someone else coulda have...and he was clearly "their guy".

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Maybe thats the same logic tampa had moving back from 5...whether they were sold on claiborne or not...i'm not sure but I find it hard to believe they really wanted Barron more. I think Cleveland moving up was smart...if they didnt' someone else coulda have...and he was clearly "their guy".
For what it's worth Ron Cooper is our DB coach, so we probably knew more about Claiborne than any other team. Based on press conference comments, it sounds like Schiano absolutely loved Barron.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very excited about the Patriots' draft picks; it's about time New England addressed the front seven. I'm cursing Pittsburgh for landing David DeCastro.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are going to have a very talented and young line if Kenrick Ellis, Wilkerson and Coples all pan out. I liked all 3 especially the latter 2.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Rolling_Thunder
Rookie

Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rolling_Thunder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Our DB coach is Ron Cooper (former LSU DB coach) so if he thought skipping Claiborne is the right move, I trust his judgment. I liked the Barron pick, but would have much rather we taken Kuechly.

As fort he Doug Martin trade, we gave up virtually nothing. We moved down like 15 spots in the 4th round, hardly a bad trade. Your comments make it sound like we gave up a future 1st or 2nd or something.
I could be wrong, but I think the Bucs may have gotten scared off on the news of Claiborne having a learning disability after his Wonderlich score. I would hope that's not the case, but it's the only reason that would explain it to me. I'm not too upset over Barron, but would have preferred Kuechly also. However, both are pretty clean, high floor prospects and neither probably have much higher of a ceiling. I think they are kind of both "what you see is what you get" types.

I was screaming when I heard they traded back into the first round, "It better be Doug Martin" over and over until I heard the pick. Needless to say, I was happy with that.
Rolling_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:46 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props to Scott Wright for nailing the Chiefs pick.

Hope they made a hit there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Someone on twitter (who Deep has never heard of) said that the Chiefs were ready to move back up into the first for Weeden. I'm really glad that didn't happen.
Thanks in advance Cleveland, if this actually is true.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my thoughts on round one...It was a great first round. Lots of good trades. I especially like Dallas being aggressive and moving up for one of the elite prospects. They needed it. The usual suspects won it, again. Pittsburgh and New England both had big day 1's. Minnesota and Tampa both did really well to improve their team too.

I think one of the most interesting things about round 1 is the number of really good players still available in round two. Coby Fleener, Jon Martin, Stephan Hill, Cordy Glenn, Courtney Upshaw, Janoris Jenkins, Jerel Worthy, Silatolu, Lavonte David, Ta'amu, Konz, and more. There's still a lot of teams that are going to improve their rosters in round 2.

St. Louis has such a huge role to play here. They need to just stay put and take BPA for each of the 2nd round picks. They have 3. Adding Lavonte David, Stephan Hill, and Trumaine Johnson falling to them would mean they have the best draft in 2012, hands down.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think the Bucs were trying to work out a deal with the Vikings to get Richardson before the Browns finally caved in. TB then tried to be clever by trading down for picks to use to get back into the tail end of the draft while still getting the top CB. they should have stayed pat and took Claiborne, then packaged their own fourth rounder along with their second, rather than the 4th rounder they got from Jacksonville. just a major screw up. but at least the Bucs still got a great player in Barron, even if he wasnt the guy they wanted most.

Browns on the other hand, screwed up what was an easy draft. take Richardson, then grab the best wideout/o-lineman available at 22. Titans nabbed Wright, but Reily Reiff was somehow still on the board. they have a hole at RT, and Reiff is a perfect right tackle. it should have been a no-brainer. and even if they didnt want to take a lineman, they could have at the very least just punted the pick and traded it for a future first rounder. telling people "we wanted Wright, but he was gone, so we took Weeden" is probably the dumbest thing the Browns could do. the fans had already gotten past missing out on RG3, but taking Weeden at 22 is pretty much unforgivable. this is supposed to be the guy they traded away Julio Jones for in the last draft. its just mind-numbingly idiotic.

i also want to go against the grain on all the love for the Bengals draft. the Kirkpatrick pick was great, but i dont see how Zeitler and a late-third rounder was worth passing on David Decastro. not to mention that Decastro ended up going to a division rival instead. passing on him once made sense considering who they ended up taking, but the second time was just plain stupid. there isnt going to be any player they take at no.93 that makes the trade worth it.

and lastly, David Wilson to the Giants at 32 screams of desperation from missing out on Doug Martin. its highly uncharacteristic of Jerry Reese, who is supposed to be the cool cucumber who takes the BPA every time. i hope it works out, being a Giants fan and all, but my gut is telling me otherwise.
"Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead."

Last edited by Donnie D : 04-27-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adam Schefter
If Tennessee hadn't taken Baylor WR Kendall Wright at No. 20, Cleveland would have taken him at 22. Browns bummed not to get Wright.
Looks like Cleveland paniced and took the guy they were targeting in the 2nd.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
i think the Bucs were trying to work out a deal with the Vikings to get Richardson before the Browns finally caved in. TB then tried to be clever by trading down for picks to use to get back into the tail end of the draft while still getting the top CB. they should have stayed pat and took Claiborne, then packaged their own fourth rounder along with their second, rather than the 4th rounder they got from Jacksonville. just a major screw up. but at least the Bucs still got a great player in Barron, even if he wasnt the guy they wanted most.

Browns on the other hand, screwed up what was an easy draft. take Richardson, then grab the best wideout/o-lineman available at 22. Titans nabbed Wright, but Reily Reiff was somehow still on the board. they have a hole at RT, and Reiff is a perfect right tackle. it should have been a no-brainer. and even if they didnt want to take a lineman, they could have at the very least just punted the pick and traded it for a future first rounder. telling people "we wanted Wright, but he was gone, so we took Weeden" is probably the dumbest thing the Browns could do. the fans had already gotten past missing out on RG3, but taking Weeden at 22 is pretty much unforgivable. this is supposed to be the guy they traded away Julio Jones for in the last draft. its just mind-numbingly idiotic.

i also want to go against the grain on all the love for the Bengals draft. the Kirkpatrick pick was great, but i dont see how Zeitler and a late-third rounder was worth passing on David Decastro. not to mention that Decastro ended up going to a division rival instead. passing on him once made sense considering who they ended up taking, but the second time was just plain stupid. there isnt going to be any player they take at no.93 that makes the trade worth it.

and lastly, David Wilson to the Giants at 32 screams of desperation from missing out on Doug Martin. its highly uncharacteristic of Jerry Reese, who is supposed to be the cool cucumber who takes the BPA every time. i hope it works out, being a Giants fan and all, but my gut is telling me otherwise.
This is false. We traded away our own 4th round pick last year to grab Luke Stocker.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote