Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Buddy Nix Says Jonathan Martin is Best Player on Board

Nix just announced on Colin Cowherd's show that he thinks Martin was the best player not drafted in the first round. Buffalo's biggest need is LT. I would say this is a smokescreen, but I've always found Nix to be foolishly transparent around draft time. If he really believes this, and the Bills don't end up with Martin, shame on him. They are picking 41st (ninth tonight), it should be easy to secure him.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
Nix just announced on Colin Cowherd's show that he thinks Martin was the best player not drafted in the first round. Buffalo's biggest need is LT. I would say this is a smokescreen, but I've always found Nix to be foolishly transparent around draft time. If he really believes this, and the Bills don't end up with Martin, shame on him. They are picking 41st (ninth tonight), it should be easy to secure him.
Not that I've ever really attributed an overwhelming amount of intelligence to Buddy Nix, but it would make a lot more sense if they felt Cordy Glenn was the best OT on the board and they're trying to make it look like they want Martin. Nix loves southern players, and Glenn comes with an SEC pedigree and position versatility that Martin doesn't have. I think Glenn seems much more in line with what Buffalo would want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Not that I've ever really attributed an overwhelming amount of intelligence to Buddy Nix, but it would make a lot more sense if they felt Cordy Glenn was the best OT on the board and they're trying to make it look like they want Martin. Nix loves southern players, and Glenn comes with an SEC pedigree and position versatility that Martin doesn't have. I think Glenn seems much more in line with what Buffalo would want.
Agreed. Martin's just not that good.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Except that their biggest need is LT, and Glenn is not a LT by any means. If I were Nix, I would take Jeff Allen and be done with it.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin is extremely soft. He doesn't get much of a push at all.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that their biggest need is LT, and Glenn is not a LT by any means. If I were Nix, I would take Jeff Allen and be done with it.
Well Dough Whaley said someone with Glenn size, arm length and feet you try him out at LT.
Said Martin needs to add strength before starting.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know why he would think Martin is the BPA, so it must be a smokescreen. I'd take Mitchell Schwartz, Mike Adams and Cordy Glenn over him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm. Interesting. He's pretty much a straight shooter so I'm going to take him at face value.

They like both over Riley Reiff if that counts for anything. A part of me still thinks he wants Cordy Glenn more. Seems much more of a Nix pick than Martin.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nix doesn't beat around the bush. I honestly think he really feels that way haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is nothing I like about Martin. At all. Every time I saw him I was completely underwhelmed. Always looked soft to me. Not sure he has the feet for LT and definitely too soft for RT.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best lineman still on the board is Silatolu but Glenn's versatility makes him more intriguing. Martin isn't very good.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would agree that Martin is one of the top players available. He reminds me of Derek Sherrod from last year. Very intelligent, hard-working, disciplined, reliable left tackle with nimble feet and is a much more aggressive run blocker than many people seem to think.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except the fact that time and time again Bills scouts have said that feel Glenn can come in and play LT for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised with either Glenn or Martin but if both were on the board I think Martin would be the pick. He is more effective at handling speed and plays with superior technique. Glenn's length and anchor are appealing but he is the more inconsistent performer and not the natural left tackle that Martin is.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, Allen should be their pick.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smokescreen. I'm guessing he wants Bobbie Massie.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Smokescreen. I'm guessing he wants Bobbie Massie.
I do think Massie has the potential to play left tackle and would be a decent value where Buffalo is picking but since everyone is giving Matt Kalil major props for beating out Tyron Smith for the left tackle spot at USC, why has the fact that Massie never beat out Bradley Sowell for the blindside role at Mississippi not affected his stock at all?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I do think Massie has the potential to play left tackle and would be a decent value where Buffalo is picking but since everyone is giving Matt Kalil major props for beating out Tyron Smith for the left tackle spot at USC, why has the fact that Massie never beat out Bradley Sowell for the blindside role at Mississippi not affected his stock at all?
Well, Massie was a full two years behind Sowell. And RT is just as important in Houston Nutt's offense anyways. Shawn Andrews never started on the left side at Arkansas.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, Massie was a full two years behind Sowell.
Massie is strictly a RT prospect, a good one at that but hardly a serious contender to play LT.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Massie is strictly a RT prospect, a good one at that but hardly a serious contender to play LT.
I disagree. I think you start him off at RT but he could eventually move over to the other side.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
billsfootball15
Rookie

billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buddy doesnt smokescreen. He promised the fans to make a splash in free agency and he reeled in Mario. He laughed at reports of us trading up for Kalil, and said that there are players in the secondary they really liked and they took Gilmore. Buddys a straightshooter.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.
billsfootball15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfootball15 View Post
Buddy doesnt smokescreen. He promised the fans to make a splash in free agency and he reeled in Mario. He laughed at reports of us trading up for Kalil, and said that there are players in the secondary they really liked and they took Gilmore. Buddys a straightshooter.
But because everyone think he doesnt smokescreen, his smokescreens will actually work! Genius.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
billsfootball15
Rookie

billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billsfootball15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
But because everyone think he doesnt smokescreen, his smokescreens will actually work! Genius.
He tells the truth about signing the biggest defensive free agent in NFL history and gives us his gameplan for the first round so he can start throwing up smokescreens come days 2 and 3 of the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.
billsfootball15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I disagree. I think you start him off at RT but he could eventually move over to the other side.
The Bills' scouts disagree with this. They said they feel Massie is strictly a RT. Not saying I agree or disagree with you, I'm just saying the Bills do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's wrong, it's Jenkins. Who cares if he's a fat dopehead, watch the film. Still don't want him on my team though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote